An [Amateur] Tactician's Chalkboard for FM11
Hello and welcome. Let me introduce you to a new idea that will hopefully help and influence the FM-Base community through articles, posts and diagrams which try to replicate the modern game's tactics, styles and plays with hopeful success. Having played Football Manager for the last year since I got my first-ever copy (Football Manager 2010) I have been engulfed in this desire to achieve an authentic style of football in the game and to also achieve success at the same time through tactics and watching the game on TV, at a football match and by playing it wherever, whenever. I have seen hundreds of threads of tactics and ideas through regular members and double that in the Tactics section and always wanted to create my own idea with as much realism as possible, yet keeping success a priority too. So, whether it be a small tactic or just a way of importing player instructions into a tactic to replicate styles of movement, passing and creativity - I will try to do that and post it on this thread, whilst making it easy-to-read, helpful to those who may not be able to understand some of the context and detailed to an extent where it comes as close to the modern game as possible.
Now that I have the introduction out of the way, I can move onto the next thing. I will be, over days or weeks, posting articles on new tactics, styles of plays, or 'how-to's' that relate to the modern game. I will update the OP with the list of things I would like to achieve, whether it be related to strength in defending, passing movement, attacking through the middle/wings - whatever. Once I have done that, I will move onto the next and you can comment and give feedback.
They will most likely come with shortlists of players that will benefit, tactical templates, pictures of it actually in action on the pitch and more if I can think of it. You can post your thoughts and ideas of what I could do, such as if you were watching a match between Arsenal and another club, and you spotted something that I could try to replicate on FM. Please do not PM me about how this and that does not work for you, or how it's **** - it's supposed to be realistic, not an insta-win tactic thread.
So now that I have covered nearly everything, below will be where I will update the OP with upcoming tactics, projects or things that I would like to introduce in an article on this thread:
- The 'modern Series: An article series that introduces the way modern-day players play, with their movement on and off the ball, passing, creating and influence on the team. The series will include 'how-to's' in re-creating modern day depictions in tactics and styles of play - ongoing.
- The 'How-to' Series: An article series that looks at common problems in Football Manager for those who are left scratching their heads in trying to achieve a certain aspect in their tactics or player instructions. This series delves into that - ongoing.
- Retro. Tactics: Taking blasts from the past into formations that were once the rulers of the roost, domestically, continentally and internationally. But also into the teams of the 20th and 21st Century. - TBD.
- LL(L)M Series: Having a look into second, third and possibly non-league football in England and maybe around the continent, as is still king of the roost in being the easiest formation to deploy. - TBD.
- The Stretford End Project: In the frameworks. - TBA.
- Projete 'o Selecao': In the frameworks. - TBA.
- F.C.B - The Roles: Looking at the roles and duties of the common F.C. Barcelona eleven that has made them one of the most fearsome clubs in the world, as well as the best. From the goal keeper to the centre forward - all eleven players that include Gerard Pique, Carles Puyol, Xavi, Andres Iniesta and Lionel Messi himself will be analysed, broken down and further disassembled to create the penultimate, realistic Barcelona. - In progress.
This isn't a story, nor is it a guide - it's a thread dedicated to replicating the styles and tactics of the modern game and implying it into Football Manager with as much authenticity and realism as possible. Any questions can be posted on the thread, with suggestions as to any possible series.
"If you fail, try and try again." "Success is imminent with effort."
* NEW * Thread Rules
* NEW * Web Browsing and Imagery
'modern Centre Forward
'modern Second Striker
'modern Target Man
Tactics, 2010-11 season:
F.C.B - The Roles:
Vicente Del Bosque
How-to: Play (decently) successful possession football
How-to: Create promising and effective counter-attacks
Training regimes, shortlists and tactical templates:
'modern Centre Forward: Training regime and tactical templates
'modern Fullback: Recommended players shortlist and training regime
Stretford End Project:
2010-11 Manchester United Database [Preliminary]
2010-11 Manchester United Database [v. 1.1]
2011-12 Club Kit Changes [As of 09.06.2011]
Real competition names [fixed database file]
2007-08 Manchester United database
How Liverpool should play from now until May
Why Brazil are still tactical innovators of the modern game since the early 1950's
Pablo Piatti: A "poor man's Messi"
Marko Arnautovic: Zlatan's Clone?
The Modern 4-4-2 (posted by Mike.)
Recreating the Imminent/Hypothetical Chelsea Diamond (posted by Frankie)
Amateur Attempt at a 'False Nine' (posted by Donkarlito)
Creating the Central Winger (posted by LGFIRE)
The False 10 (posted by mvp93)
'modern Germany Tactic (posted by LGFIRE)
How Argentina should play (posted by SS19)
The Box-to-Box Playmaker (EduinJBL)