ZeCarlos

Reaction score
An Assurance of Victory

Chapter I - Introduction

The snow gently began to fall again as I desperately searched for my keys hidden somewhere within my blazer pocket - planting layer upon layer on the now out of sight pavement. As the door crashed open and I stumbled through, I was embraced by the indoor warmth of my apartment block. The temperature outside was roughly -4°C and had barely reached zero for the past week. The weather experts were puzzled as to how this could happen while others perfected their end-of-the-world theories on worsening weather conditions. From my point of view, I didn't really care how this could happen, I just knew it was ****** cold for mid-February.

As I clattered through my apartment door, I immediately laid my briefcase on the kitchen workbench and looked out of the window - Central London was certainly struggling to keep up with these 'extreme' weather conditions. I caught glimpse of a businessman slipping in the snow as another nearly stumbled while trying to help his colleague from the floor. I took off my blazer and shoes - hanging the blazer on a rail which stood above my small shoe space which was now laughably occupied by my only pair of shoes. The black tiled floor was stone cold on my feet. I loosened my tie and hung it alongside my deep-charcoal coloured blazer before taking a seat on my lavish couch and turning on the TV which sat in parallel to me. As I flicked through the channel's, I quickly established that not much interesting was being broadcast - no change there, then. I made my way to the well-equipped kitchen and flicked on the kettle in anticipation of a lovely 'cuppa' coffee.

My life may seem pretty ordinary - yet I have more to me than you will ever understand... more than I will probably ever understand. As a 29-year-old with no past playing experience, I appear to be insignificant within the football world. However, having been tutored by greats such as Jose Mourinho, Josep Guardiola, Carlo Ancelotti and Marcelo Bielsa over the past eight years - I may play a bigger part in things than first understood. I may in the future, anyway. Eight years spent following four great managers around on the training field only adds to one's knowledge. In that period, I have taken charge of the Athletic Bilbao U19 squad for a very successful year while Jose Mourinho personally asked me to lead Inter Milan U19's for a brief spell before I decided I would gain a bigger understanding by personally observing the man on a full-time basis. My name is Jason Mann - a name which will hopefully come of more importance over the next few years as I attempt to make my early ventures into first-team management.

I'm planning to keep the updates in this story fairly short and therefore increasing the frequency - although I would like to stick to a written style (an idea of fuelledbypassion's). Let me know what you all think through comments etc. Feedback is greatly appreciated.

Nice to see a real narrative story again, and a well written one at that! The description is very good mate, I'll be interested to see where this goes. Take your time with updates as quality>quantity but I hope you can stick with it and not lose interest. One of my biggest problems has always been finding the balance between writing and playing the game, and I tended to do the latter far too much. Good luck and keep it up.

Oh, and Kris inspired me to write in this style, I consider him the pioneer :)

Nice to see a real narrative story again, and a well written one at that! The description is very good mate, I'll be interested to see where this goes. Take your time with updates as quality>quantity but I hope you can stick with it and not lose interest. One of my biggest problems has always been finding the balance between writing and playing the game, and I tended to do the latter far too much. Good luck and keep it up.

Oh, and Kris inspired me to write in this style, I consider him the pioneer :)

Thanks for your comment! It's very much appreciated! Agreed - I've always found it too hard to find a balance between writing and playing the game but hopefully with shorter updates I may be able to keep up. Keep checking back for more updates :)