An Idea/Challenge for Lower League Club + tips?

nicharit

Reaction score
I have never ever tried LLM before and I am very interested in entering this very hard but satisfying challenge. However, taking over a club I have no idea about and just taking them to the top is not my piece of cake.

However, after a long thought, I decided to do something different (not sure if it had been attempted)

I will basically create a club at a town where one of the big clubs England is at (preferably Manchester as there is both Manchester City and Utd) and my ambition is to gain bragging rights on both of them by beating them. Also I like the idea of creating a club as there would be no story and I would start everything from scratch, building my own history in the progress.

However, I would like to ask all of you LLM experts out there...

Would it really be difficult to achieve that? I think I definitely have the patience to cope with unsuccessful seasons or bad form as I know this will take around 20 years in the game to complete but I'm just thinking is it realistic enough?

Would you recommend me browsing through the forum to find which players to buy or should I try and find the players in the game myself to make it more realistic? :)

And finally...... would this challenge really appeal to you?

I haven't bought Football Manager 2011 yet so I think it may be quite nice to have a crack at something quite hard and challenging XD

Sutton United playing and trying to get them to the prem im in my first season and need a tactic shud be doable.I got some good players but need a tactic to bring it together.
2 good strikers for very low leagues are laslandes and fofana.

It would be great. Awesome, actually. Imagine your created team beating Manchester United at the FA Cup XD

Sutton United playing and trying to get them to the prem im in my first season and need a tactic shud be doable.I got some good players but need a tactic to bring it together.
How did you get the Ryman League?

Thanks to all your reply.

I will look into Laslandes and Fofana when I start my game. Hopefully they will make life in the lower leagues much easier :p

If you made story of it it'd be class

Cheers. I considered doing this actually. But school work and exams are really bugging me a lot so I may do it in the summer. look out for it (H)

It would be great. Awesome, actually. Imagine your created team beating Manchester United at the FA Cup

I know, can't imagine the face of the Manchester United fans when I managed to beat them XD

If you are really keen on doing it, check out the clubs that have youth academies like AFC Telford or Southport (2010 version) as once you start getting them upgrades you'll have decent picks (not always though...). Also check for stadium capacity (Bath in BSS has one of the largest for conference I think) since that will help you get $$$. Also, look at the stickied posts in LLM to get max money during pre-season and stuff.
If you choose an even lower league than conference, I have no info on that, nor do I know if you keep upgrading youth facilities if you'll get academy or not.
Good luck!

Last edited:
Created Manchester AFC (with players from FC United of Manchester), put them into the Blue Square Bet Northern Division and off I go.

Game Objective: Achieve bragging rights over Manchester United and City :$

Completed one season of the game already though. Please to say that the team is moving closer to the Premier League after finishing 3rd and eventually winning the play-offs. Hopefully this is the first promotion of many.

View attachment 137390
View attachment 137391
View attachment 137392

Bring on the Blue Square Bet Premier (H)