MaximumPower

Reaction score
Once my laptop is returned, I will be starting this save. I am posting some background on this save before it starts

MANAGER PROFILE

View attachment 366563

Manager Name - Karl Pilkington
Nationality - England
Date of Birth - 23rd of September 1972

I am using Karl Pilkington as my manager seeing as the title is An Idiot Abroad. I am going to start at Greek club Aris FC. Their profile will be in the next post.

Thoughts?

I hope you use some of Karl's mannerisms in your story!

You're setting the bar high using Karl as your manager, going to be lots of expectation for tons of chuckles just like from his programmes, podcasts and even books. If you pull it off it'll be amazing and one of the best on here. Good luck! Will be following.

You're setting the bar high using Karl as your manager, going to be lots of expectation for tons of chuckles just like from his programmes, podcasts and even books. If you pull it off it'll be amazing and one of the best on here. Good luck! Will be following.
Thanks! Hope it can be the best

Aris FC - Who the **** are they?

View attachment 366695

Aris Football Club (Greek: Π.Α.Ε. Άρης) is a major Greek football club based in the city of Thessaloniki, Macedonia. Formed in 1914, the club was a founding member of Macedonian Football Clubs Association as well as the Hellenic Football Federation. Aris plays in the Superleague Greece, the top tier of the Greek professional football system. The colors of the team are yellow and black, reminiscent of Byzantium, and the club is named after Ares, the god of war, whose image is portrayed on the club logo as depicted in the Ludovisi Ares. Nicknamed God of War and the Yellows, Aris have been champions of Greece three times, and have won the Greek Cup once. The club is a part of the Greek sports club Aris Thessaloniki.
Aris remains undefeated at home in European competitions since 1968,[2] maintaining thus a quite extraordinary record given that teams of the calibre of Atletico Madrid, Manchester City, Roma and Benfica have failed to win in Thessaloniki. Aris fans are widely known for their passionate and spectacular support.

Yeah, I copied that off Wikipedia. I have no clue whatsoever it means. I only got into the football management for the money, money seems to be very useful nowadays. Well, this is all I now about the club. Bit wierd innit? I know that the club's colour is 'reminiscint' of Byzantium (I think that was a ship on Dr Who) yet I have no idea who the **** play for the clubs. I'm doomed.

Apparently the stadium is named after some former player, think it might be nice if I got a stadium named after me. Think it be alright to see Pilkington Place, or Karl Park. Also, apparently we've never lost at home in Europe, I'll go into my first European home game and lose 3-1. That would be worth a fiver. So yeah, I'm managing Arees FC or something. It all sounds Greek to me.​

This story will officially start on the 23rd of July, if anyone has any ideas for any updates before the start don't hesitate to suggest them