An introduction from me to you.

Passenaccio

Reaction score
Hi Everyone.

Just thought an introduction would be a nice and pleasant way to ease myself in on this site.

Why the name Passenaccio. Basically what some were calling how Spain played in the last euro's. They had evolved playing the traditional Tiki-Taka and made it more a defensive passing game.

I have like most played the FM series for many years. I have also played football as a professional for a few years but had to recently retire due to a hip injury. I have had a couple of matches in top flight football but played mainly at League 1 and League 2 level. I don't really want to dwell too much on it as I don't want to come across as someone who has been there and done it and boast about it and I will not be saying what clubs I have performed with. Due to my injury and having more time on my hands is one reason why I can join such sites for playing football manager.

I hope to be around the forums alot especially seeing a fans view of football more. I can be opinionated but if you have been involved in the game at League level then you have seen far more on the inside of clubs than most fans ever get to see. I am not saying fans know nothing at all but there are alot of things they say and judge on players and managers that are just not correct. Roy Hodgson for example has been criticised by fans but what they do not know is how knowledgeable someone like Roy Hodgson is and how he works. Liverpool fans are very critical of him but then again that is for another debate about what they don't know.

I am now studying how analytics are being used in football and what part of the data correlated can be used to help transform football. From the days of Charles Reep to current managers like Roberto Martinez who is a big pioneer on football analytics. If anyone else wants to learn more then the book The Numbers Game is a great starting point.

That's it for now and hope to see some of you on the boards.

Last edited: