AN UNFORGETTABLE JOURNEY THROUGH ITALY

• Thread starter Thread starter sesc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 7K

sesc

Reaction score
Hey guys, this is my first story, since I'm new at this please ignore my mistakes. Let me first introduce myself. I'm Shadman, 21. I'm relatively new with the fm series. Just started playing from fm11. But this game is no longer a game for me, its part of my life. I just love it. I have played in almost all the top leagues like BPL, La liga, Serie A, Bundes liga, Dutch Eridivisie and the English Championship. Recently, i feel a little bored since I've played so much and I want to keep things interesting. So, I decided to write my own story. Hopefully this will trigger more interest into the game. I have read quite a few stories here and loved a lot of them. The most interesting are the ones involving big clubs like Arsenal, Manchester UTD, Ajax and some well-known clubs like Fulham, Middlesborough etc. I have decided to go a little unique and start a journey through Italy in the Seria A with Atalanta B.C. A newly promoted club, involving match-fixing scandals from last season and not in the best of financial situations. Let see how I cope with the situation and possibly avoid relegation next season with already 6 points deducted in the league. Hopefully some of you out there will follow my story and give me feed backs. I ll update every month ( definitely game time). Here goes ......

View attachment 230436Atalanta Bergamasca Calcio, commonly known as just Atalanta, Atalanta Bergamo or the abbreviation Atalanta BC, is an Italian football club based in Bergamo, Lombardy.They are nicknamed the Nerazzurri and the orobici. Atalanta play in blue-and-black vertically striped shirts, black shorts and black socks.
The club stadium is the 26,638 seater Atleti Azzurri d'Italia. In Italy, Atalanta is sometimes called Regina delle provinciali(queen of the provincial clubs) to mark the fact that the club is historically one of the best among non-metropolitan ones.

The Match-fixing Scandal

View attachment 230456

Match-fixing: Atalanta docked 6 points
Doni's ban upheld, Manfredini cleared

Milano, 20 August 2011

The FIGC's Federal Court has given its verdict on the appeals made against the match-fixing sentences. Ascoli's 6-point penalty in Serie B confirmed, 3-point reduction for Benevento. Ex-Ravenna president Fabbri and Lega Pro club Spezia cleared. But it's not over yet: the next step for appeals is the Italian Court of Arbitration for Sport (TNAS)

.View attachment 230458

The 2011 Italianfootball scandal emerged on 1June 2011 after a number of football-related figures were arrested, or madeunder official scrutiny, by Italian police for alleged match-fixing. Thelist included also well-known figures as former Italian international footballer Giuseppe Signori, as well as former Serie Aplayers Mauro Bressan, Stefano Bettariniand Atalanta veteranstriker Cristiano Doni.Thegroup was accused of having fixed a wide range of Serie B, Lega Pro PrimaDivisione and Lega Pro SecondaDivisione.
The inquiry started following a denounce from Lega Pro PrimaDivisione club Cremonese, led by internal suspects involvingfirst team goalkeeper Marco Paoloni, who was successively sold to Benevento inJanuary 2011.

Last edited:
Managerial Issues

View attachment 230461

Following the match-fixing scandals, Stefano Colantuono has been sacked as manager of Atalanta B.C by club Chairman Antonio Percassi despite the club having clinched promotion from Seria B. Percassi admitted Colantuono was a good manager and a great professional, but this decision was best for the club due to the unrest with the fans. With club captain Cristiano Doni handed a 3 and a half year ban, it seems like everything is going wrong with the club and it will take a miraculous overturn to keep the club in the Seria A next season. High profile managers have already declined to accept the job at Atalanta B.C, and now its down to the Chairman to appoint someone who can change the luck of the club.

The Start Of A New Era

Antonio Pescassi has today announced the appointment of virtually an unknown name in Sesc Hawk as the new manager of the club. Hawk, 40 year old Italian, has previously worked with Pescassi in his company as Divisional manager. Having great interest in the beautiful game and a coaching badge from an Italian sports institution, Chairman Percassi got enticed and handed over the tough job to Hawk. Although the fans are definitely confused with the situation, the Chairman gave Hawk full backing of the board members and expects him to capsize the luck of the club and everything that’s going around.

A Screenshot of Sesc Hawk's appointment

Last edited:
thnx mate.. appreciate the encouragement .

Great Pre-season

All the rumours of the club going to dumps were inevident as Atalanta had a great pre-season notching up 5 wins and 2 draws plating 7 friendly matches, scoring total of 19 goals and conceding only 4. New manager Sesc Hawk was delighted with the clubs progress but he insists that they have a long hard season ahead and doing well in pre-season wont mean anything if they fail to perform during the coming season. All the players look motivated and cant wait enough to feature in the first match of the season.

Impressive performances

New manager Sesc Hawk is delighted in the way some of the players performed during the pre-season. This includes Centre-back Andrea Masiello, Keeper Andrea Consigli, winger Giacomo Bonaventura, forward Guido Marilungo, on loan centre-midfielder Luca Cigarini and clubs new member Maximiliano Moralez ( playmaker ). Leonardo Pettinari, wide midfielder, who was bound to leave the club was given new hopes by Hawk and he utilized it fully scoring 4 goals during the friendly matches while Matias Ezequiel Schelotto's impressive run in acquired him a new contract upto 2016. Hawk will definitely look up to these players in the coming season to make their mark and attain a successful season.

New Club Captain

After the match-fixing scandals involving former club captain Cristiano Doni, Hawk must choose wisely so that the fate is not repeated. Vice-captain Manfredini was also involved in the raptures which turned down his hopes of captaincy. Hence, Sesc Hawk chose Andrea Masiello as the new club captain and Andrea Consigli as the his second man.

Andrea Masiello on being assigned a more important role " Its a great honour provided by the boss, I will do my all to ensure that the club keeps its reputation at the highest level and hope that my team mates give me that support so that I can do my job more easily. Hoping for a fantastic upcoming season. "

View attachment 230545

Managerial Debut

Sesc Hawk made his debut as Atalanata B.C. boss with a fantastic victory over Sampdoria where the Nerazzuris outclassed a poor Sampdoria side 3-0. Three headers from new captain Masiello, Manfredini and Bonaventura meant Atalanta were cruising to Italian Cup Third Qualifying round victory.

Hawk, " I really couldn't ask for anything more than that. The players were fantastic on the field. They showed great determination to win and thats exactly what i want. On top of that, a 3-0 victory in a my debut pleases me even more."

View attachment 230546

Last edited:
Start of the league campaign

Not a match played yet the league, and ATALANTA B.C are already bottom of the table with -6 points.

Undefeated month of September

Fantastic start by Atalanta in the league which was much needed due to their 6 points deduction. 10 points from a possible 12 means that they r now on 4 points and lying 13th in the table. Brilliant performances from Guido Marilungo and Andrea Masiello secured 3 wins and 1 draw.

GENOA 0-0 ATALANTA

First away game of the season for Atalanta proved to be a bore draw. Although Sesc Hawk was pleased with the clean sheet he insisted that the team must perform better attacking wise if they are to turn their luck around. A little defensive 4-5-1 formation meant things needed to be changed for the following games.

View attachment 230554

ATALANTA 3-1 PALERMO

A match that Palermo was favourites to win due to their sheer attacking poweress with the likes of Abel Hernandez in the side. But things were very different during the match where Atalanta dominated both the halves and Guido Marilung oscored a brace while captain Masiello added a third. Palermo scored a late consolation through a controversial penalty decision. In the end, it was Atalanta clearly the better team.

View attachment 230555

LECCE 1-2 ATALANTA

A tight match where Lecce took the lead through a mistake by Atalanta keeper Consigli, scoring an own goal as he mis-judged the flight of the ball during a corner. But Atalanata puta alot of pressure on Lecce and it paid dividends as they turned the game around once again with the likes of Marilungo and Masiello on the scoring sheet.

View attachment 230556

ATALANTA 1-0 NOVARA

A hard fought match which was decided virtually at the final seconds when once again Marilungo took advantage of a defensive mistake and finished calmly in stoppage time. This wrapped up the month of September for Atalanta as Marilungo stepped up to ensure the victories along with good performancesd from Cigarini and Masiello.

View attachment 230557

Sesc Hawk, ' I'm absolutely delighted with how played over the last month. It wasn't easy at all. There were tough opponents adn we did very well to ****** 10 points out of the possible 12. We would like to keep going and keep our feet on ground just for now. '

Hawk is yet to lose a single match as manager of Atalanta.

Injury crisis

Thomas Manfredini is suffering from knee tendonitis and will miss upto 5 months. This was followed by an injury to Federico Peluso during the match against Novara who is also likely to miss around 3 weeks. This means Atalanta will b without any real left back options and they will have to cope with other players to take that postion. Will this prove to be a major set back for the high flying Atalanta side is still to tell with tough upcoming fixtures against Roma, Udinese, Parma, Inter and Bologna to play next month.

View attachment 230558

View attachment 230559

Inconsistent October

October did not prove to be as good as September for the Nerrazuris as they got only 8 points from a possible 15, with 2 wins 2 draws and their first loss of the season. After having played 9 matches they are currently 10th in the league which could have been upto 4th in the league if not for the 6 points deduction. Pundits predicted them to lie somewhere near the relegation zone but Atalanta are proving every body wrong with solid displays on the pitch.

ROMA 3-1 ATALANTA

A tough fixture already was worsened by an early red card for defensive mid fielder Carlos Carmona which drastically changed the match. Roma scored just after the banishment of the player and it stayed 1-0 at half time. Brighi then scored from range against his parent club and equalized for Atalanata but Roma were way too strong and eventually the match ended 3-1 to Roma. this meant that Atalanta lost their first match of the season and new manager Sesc Hawk suffered his first defeat against the men from Rome.

View attachment 230656

ATALANTA 2-1 UDINESE

A fantastic come back by Dea as they overturned a goal deficit by Udinese to ****** all 3 points at home. An early own goal put the away team front, but great character was shown by Atalanta as they scord tow second half goals to ensure victory. Leonardo Petinari and youngstar Manolo Gabbiadinni were on the score sheet.

View attachment 230653
PARMA 1-1 ATALANTA

A lack of concentration at the back meant Atalanta gave away their tough earned lead at the dying minutes of the game. Okaka equalised for Parma in the 86th minute and the points were shared. Atalanta were favouries to win the tie but Parma played well to take the point.
View attachment 230657

ATALANTA 2-1 INTER

Perhaps the most shocking result of the month as Inter, title favorites, were beaten by a very determined Atalanta side. Atalanta are yet to drop a single point at home this season as they won all 4 home games. Looks like Atleti Azzurri d'italia is becoming a fortress for the club. Guido Marilungo once again showed his class in front of the goal as he scored his 5th of the season and Cigarini converted a penalty that won the game for the Nerazzuris.

View attachment 230654

BOLOGNA 1-1 ATALANTA

After their famous victory againts Inter, pundits were predicting Atalanta to notch another win against Bologna, but they were wrongly proved as they dominated msot of the match and got a lead near the half time. After a hard tough battle in midfield Atalanta were finally awarded wit an opprtunity which their in form striker gladly put away to gain a point.

View attachment 230655

Rising Star and brilliant forward partnership

19 year old Manolo Gabbiaddini has been good form as he leads the Atalanta lines along side Marilungo in attack. Being played as the target man up front, he has been crucial in supporting attacking movements while his striking partner Mailungo has been in blistering scoring form. The partnership between these two looks very promising in this early part of the season. Gabbiaddini has been given a chance by Hawk this season after poor performances from veteran striker Tribocchi and promising striker Ardemagni, although the latter looks better. Manolo took this opportunity and grasped it with both arms as he looks to cement his position in the starting line up.View attachment 230672

View attachment 230673

Balanced November

Two wins and two losses during the month of november saw Atalanta crush out of the Italian cup and also suffering their first home defeat of the season. On the other hand 6 points were also attained for their step up to the league.

ATALANTA 1-2 CAGLIARI

First match of the month saw Atalanta lose their undefeated streak at home as they lose out to a strong Cagliari side who are doing well in the league this term. Although Atalanta were expected to win, it was a surprises home defeat as Cagliari showed more determination and won the match at the end.

View attachment 230769

SIENA 0-1 ATALANTA

A tough loss was followed by a hard earned win for Atalanta as they just managed to grab the win late in the match through a penalty converted by on loan midfielder Cigarini in the 85th minute. there were two sending offs in the match, one for each team as Peluso got sent off for the 2nd time in the season.

View attachment 230770

ATALANTA 2-3 GENOA

two back to back losses at home for the Nerrazurris but this time it was a fantastic effort by the players, they showed tremendous character as they came back from a 2 goal deficit at half time through Gabbiadini and Marilungo, but Genoa were the eventual winners as they scored a late late goal to grab the victory. Sesc Hawk later revealed that he was proud of the way that his side fought against a good Genoa side. But the defeat meant that they got knocked out of the Italian cup.
View attachment 230772

ATALANTA 2-0 NAPOLI

A solid effort by the Atalanta side as they beat rivals Napoli quite comfortably 2-0 although having played a make shift defense line up due to injuries to Masiello and suspension to Peluso. Strikers Gabbiadinni and Ardemagni scored for the home team as the fans cheered them on to a clean sheet and a well deserved victory.

View attachment 230771

Fantastic December

December proved out to be the best month of the season for Atalanta as they won all 4 matches. Brighi, Cigarini and Marilungo were the scorers during the month as they collected 12 essential points. The team did fantastically well without their Captain Masiello at the back and playing with a make shift defense proved the strength of their squad.

CHIEVO 0-1 ATALANTA

A lucky win for the Nerazzurris as a brilliant strike from on loan midfielder Brighi meant they got all 3 points. Cheivo were the far better side but were poor upfront and Atalanta took of advantage of that situation and got lucky win against good,on the day, Cheivo.

View attachment 230776

ATALANTA 2-0 CATANIA

A solid performance at home saw Marilungo keep his scoring run going and Cigarini with his fantastic form as they beat Catania comfortably. This made 3 clean sheets in a row and the Atalanta defense must be credited to do so well without key player at the back.

View attachment 230777
FIORENTIANA 2-3 ATALANTA

This was one of the nerve racking matches of the month as Fiorentina gave away the lead twice to lose at the end against a avery determined Atalanta side. A fantastic Hat-trick from Argentine Max Moralez without he likes of Marilngo and Gabbiadinni in the side through suspension really lifted the Atalanta players and specially manager Sesc Hawk was ecstatic about the hat-trick. Fiorentina's poor run in the league continued as they couldn't even manage a point at home.

View attachment 230778

ATALANTA 1-0 CASENA

Another solid performance at home along side a clean sheet saw Atalanta beat close league rivals Casena. Marilungo was once again the peak of the players as he got another goal to seal the victory.

View attachment 230779

A fantastic month for the Nerazzurris with brilliant performances from Marilungo. Although it would hard for Andrea Consigli if he is not appreciated for his efforts at the line. He was fantastic through out the month and certainly one of the best keepers in the league at the moment.

Last edited:
Back