AN UNFORGETTABLE JOURNEY THROUGH ITALY

• Thread starter Thread starter sesc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 7K
The Winter transfer Window

Sesc Hawk was very busy during the transfer window as he planned to strengthen the squad with a lot of short listed players that included:

Davide Astori (CB)-Cagliari
Massimo Volta (CB)-Sampdoria
Angelo Ogbonna (CB)-Torino
Antonio Candreva (CM)-on loan at Lazio from Casena
Filipo Porcari (DM)- Novara
Marco Parolo (CM)- Casena
Hernan Bernadelo (DM)-Almeria
Allesio Pasquale Viola (ST)-Reggina

Sesc Hawk during a press conference " I believe we are a bit short in centre mid field and at the back, we are trying to renew some contracts but some players are unlikely to extend contracts which means we need back up. We are looking for the right player for the club. the fans have to be realistic and understand that we are not at the best of financial situations so there will be no kind of crazy money business"

The Atalanta board are willing to supply only around 3M to strengthen the squad and it looks like Sesc Hawk really has to go for a bargain.

Transfer Analysis

INS

. Davide Astori
( Free transfer, will join at the end of the season ) - Cagliari
View attachment 230783

. Antonio Candreva ( Free transfer, will join at the end of the season ) - Casena

View attachment 230784

. Filipo Porcari ( 3M co-ownership deal, will play at Atalanta ) - Novara

View attachment 230785

. Alessio Pasquale Viola ( 250K co-ownership deal, will play at Reggina )- Reggina

View attachment 230786

OUTS

.Michele Ferri
( Free transfer, will join AlbinoLeffe at the end of the season )

OUT OF CONTRACTS ​at the end of the seaosn

.Giorgio Frezzollini
.Simone Tribocchi
.Fabio Caserta

Transfer reactions

The fans were praising Hawk after it was announced in the official website that the club have signed both Davide Astori and Antonio Candreva for free. The Nerazzurri faithful are very excited to see the guys in action in black and blue next season.

The signing of Filipo Porcari was a little bit of a cool deal amongst the fans and it is yet to see how he performs and is he good enough to be offered a full deal at Atalanta. Although Sesc Hawk has admitted that he has full trust in Porcari to do well.

Hawk, on his new signings " I think signing player with the calibre of Astori and Candreva for free was a fantastic opportunity for us and i did not want to let it go. After a lot of negotioations we did manage to convince them to sign for the club. We are doing very well in the league at the money and we want to keep going. We want to build a strong team for next season so we signed them both but we really should;t dwell on that too much. Lets focus on the season. As for Filipo Porcari, i believe he will turn out to be a very good capture for us. He has been in the italian league all his life, he knows how it is payed here, he is no stranger to the tough tackling game. We needed to strengthen the mid field and i think he ll do a very god job as a defensive mid fielder for the rest of the season. Plus, he can shoot from range, that is some thing i;m looking forward to."

When asked about Viola, hawk replied " He is a tremendous talent, I think he has the potential to be one of the best strikers in the league. But there is along way to go. If he does good enough for Reggina this season, we might consider to buy him for full coming season as we have some players leaving at the end of the season."

Back