ramkeshdy

Reaction score
Hi fellows FM's,

I have downloaded many tactics from this site using them to gain an understanding of how different tactics work (style of play) but i have decided to start creating my own tactics but i have had some difficulty so i was wondering if you guys could give me a few of your tips? Basically how you analyse a game and and how this affects tactical desicions. Also how you analyse the opposition to make desicions to exploit there weaknesses or to tackle the strengths.

I was just hoping i could take some of your advice to help me tweak my tactics by looking at the game and seeing where im going wrong!

Also i'm not sure if there is a similar thread, but if there is i apologise :)

Thanks

Ollie

I think you mean adapting tactics according to the opposition right? I usually appoint one of my scouts with the best tactical knowledge to provide a scouting report of the opposition a few days before games. When they provide you with the report, there is plenty of information that you could use to exploit them. For example, do they have a poor right back? If your wingers are good then consider focusing your passing down the left to exploit him.

You can also find info on opponents formations too. For example if they are playing with a 4-2-3-1 with a good attacking midfielder then consider playing a defensive midfielder to nullify the threat.

Personally, with away games, I take pitch size into account. You can find this by going on the opponents club info page. If their pitch is big then consider playing more direct with 2 up front. If it is small then consider trying to play shorter. Most of it is common sense really, just find out where the opposition could be weak and try to exploit it.

I think you mean adapting tactics according to the opposition right? I usually appoint one of my scouts with the best tactical knowledge to provide a scouting report of the opposition a few days before games. When they provide you with the report, there is plenty of information that you could use to exploit them. For example, do they have a poor right back? If your wingers are good then consider focusing your passing down the left to exploit him.

You can also find info on opponents formations too. For example if they are playing with a 4-2-3-1 with a good attacking midfielder then consider playing a defensive midfielder to nullify the threat.

Personally, with away games, I take pitch size into account. You can find this by going on the opponents club info page. If their pitch is big then consider playing more direct with 2 up front. If it is small then consider trying to play shorter. Most of it is common sense really, just find out where the opposition could be weak and try to exploit it.

Cheers mate i was more thinking in-game though! i just wanted some tips on how your guys analyse a game. For example if your team is getting overun or being dominated in a certain area of the pitch, i wanted to know what you guys tend to do like tactical changes to defuse these threats :)

Also i alwways come across people saying some tactics can be tweaked to make them even better, how do you know what tweaks to make? like if u use the tactic a few times in a game you can notice areas that need tweaking, so i just really wanted to get some feedback from you guys on how you approach this!

Funny enough i have actually just created a tactic, that i have been doing amazing with. Im a porto and i have won every game in the cups and league (played 8 games) beating sporting, braga and benfica all away! I have only lost two games to bayern in a freindly 4-2 and 3-1 to barca in the super cup although i had 10 men after my cm got injured and i had no subs left and it was 1-1 at that point and i was dominating :/ I may upload it but i plan to use it for a few seasons and with another club. Its the most promosing tactic ive made and its thanks the thebetterhalf who has inspired me to base my tactics around touchline shouts and my team plays football better than if you try to use the sliders :)