Ancelotti 'lucky' to retain role

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti admits he is "lucky" to still have a job after his team's run of one win in eight league matches.

More...

Yeah I agree he is (A)
Still they will turn it around their to good not to!

Who would of thought after he was top after 5 games with a massive goal difference it would come to this

He's lucky to have his life too, ruining my fantasy football for this season :'(

Unfortunately it shows what football has become if he feels he is lucky.

Either the crazy russian is starting to mellow or he's got 5 assassins circling Ancelotti's house if he loses tonight.

Either the crazy russian is starting to mellow or he's got 5 assassins circling Ancelotti's house if he loses tonight.

Might invite him to his office for some polonium tea...

don't worry ancelotti, hodgson is luckier than you :)

Unfortunately it shows what football has become if he feels he is lucky.
it would have been a joke if he had been fired. Roman needs to keep teh faith and probabaly open the chequebook

it would have been a joke if he had been fired. Roman needs to keep teh faith and probabaly open the chequebook
Agreed. Not like they have the youngest squad anymore, they're all getting older and more injury prone and having less impact in games.

It'd help if they made a big signing in January, someone who'll make a real difference.

We would be stupid to get rid of Ancelotti, Roman needs to realise its the stuff he does off the pitch that is effecting our form on the pitch.

For all you proper football fans, if you remember about 16-17 years ago I THINK it was if Ferguson didn't win his next game he was going to get sacked, then they went and beat boro 1-0 I think to save his ****, now look at him ... can't go on sacking managers, the guys done a great job. Just need to give him and the players time to turn it around.

I know it would be stupid if they would sack him but a lot of managers probably would have been sacked.

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

For all you proper football fans, if you remember about 16-17 years ago I THINK it was if Ferguson didn't win his next game he was going to get sacked, then they went and beat boro 1-0 I think to save his ****, now look at him ... can't go on sacking managers, the guys done a great job. Just need to give him and the players time to turn it around.

we beat forest thanks to mark robbins goal and he wasn't getting sacked - http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/bobby-charlton-denies-alex-ferguson-faced-sack-2162314.html

We would be stupid to get rid of Ancelotti, Roman needs to realise its the stuff he does off the pitch that is effecting our form on the pitch.
its his own meddling that has closed up the title race. while it wasnt the only factor, the loss of wilkins clearly had an effect

To be fair, it wasn't just him. Loss of a few key players to injury proved extremely costly.

its his own meddling that has closed up the title race. while it wasnt the only factor, the loss of wilkins clearly had an effect

Yer totally agree but its a catch 22 situation. Roman is running the club like a business which is the only way he knows how and why should he dout that as look how wealthy he is now. But i feel you can't run a club like a business so like i said its hard to have a go at Roman when we take a step back and realise what he has done to the club.

The departure of Wilkins was on the cards when we got knocked out the Champions League to Inter Milan last season, Roman wasen't happy as he wanted to win the competition and didn't like losing against Jose and had a go at Carlo and the players and Wilkins being a Chelsea fan stepped in and stood up to him. Like i said a while ago we haven't dominated a game since the first half against Blackpool at the end of September which just isen't good enough. I personly would blame Roman, the yes men who know nothing about football around him, the players, the unfortunate injurys and lastly Carlo for this slump.

He really shouldn't be sacked so good thing he hasn't been

Ancelotti is lucky

Anyone would die to be chelsea manager wouldnt they??