reganator

Reaction score
NOTE: I am using Chris22's end of season update.

bbc.png

Ancelotti turns his back on Chelsea

Carlo_Ancelotti_718490a.jpg

Ancelotti yesterday waving goodbye to Chelsea fans at Chelsea Football Club

Tonight, Chelsea confirmed the exit of Carlo Ancelotti, BBC Sport understands. Sources gathered that the decision was mutual between the clubs board and the ex-manager of Chelsea, and AC Milan. Ancelotti failed to gain any success at the club, but brought in a number of players for any new manager that is to take up the job. We at BBC are yet to understand the reasoning behind the early exit of the Italian, but there is speculative knowledge being spread around the country that him and Abramovich had a negative understanding of one another.

Bookies immediately began to take in bets for the next manager of the South-West London team, providing a shortlist for Abramovich before he could grab a pen and paper himself. Over at Bet365, the shortlist is as follows,

Josep Guardiola - 8/1
Guus Hiddink - 12/1
Gianfranco Zola - 17/1
Roberto Di Matteo - 17/1
Ruud Gullit - 25/1
Mark Hughes - 26/1
Dennis Wise - 40/1
Peter Bonetti - 50/1
Other - 100/1

Online debate: Who's on their way in?
Discuss who you think will be set as the new manager of Chelsea. If other, state who you think!

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

bbc.png

Chelsea appoint an outsider

Roman-Abramovich.jpg

Abramovich during the meeting on 7/July/2009.

Yesterday, Chelsea fans were in shock when an outsider was appointed manager of the club by Roman Abramovich. Abramovich shortlisted a number of potential managers, from Barcelona manager, Josep Guardiola, former stand-in manager, Guus Hiddink also was named in the running, along with former Chelsea legends, Gianfranco Zola, Roberto Di Matteo, Mark Hughes, Dennis Wise and Peter Bonetti, the former Chelsea number #1 who is yet to gain any managerial experience. The day before yesterday, Abramovich's agent announced that there were a few outsiders in case the shortlister's were not able to agree contracts or Roman preferred someone else. Today, the announcement of Stuart Regan, one of the outsiders, given the odds of 100/1 to be appointed put pen-to-paper with Roman Abramovich on a 2 year deal.

Stuart Regan had little words to say yesterday, but BBC sources gathered,

Stuart Regan said:
I am delighted to have signed a contract today with such a well supported club, with high expectations and with such a massive history. I believe Chelsea is the best team in the world, but that could be my bias side talking. The youth set-up is of such a high standard, and that is one thing I look forward to looking at. The current staff and squad is the main reason why I came here. With such a large list of high calibre players, and world class talent at the club, life at Chelsea looks like it could be sensational. I just hope to win over the fans in the coming months, and grab two hands on as many cups as possible.

Last edited:
Good luck with this mate! nice style, ill follow. Check out mine too please mate.

Good luck with this mate! nice style, ill follow. Check out mine too please mate.

Cheers mate, thanks. I will do.

July update within an hour or so.

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:20 PM ----------

Chelsea duo depart as first transfers happen
Today, Chelsea announced the departure of 2 players from the club. Deco was the first to leave, joining Aston Villa for a fee of £3.2m after just one year at the club.

"I felt to let Deco leave the club was the right decision for his career. For his career to keep cycling, and for him to keep first team football, it was the only decision for him. I wish him all the best of luck in the future" Stuart Regan told the club's website.

Jose Bosingwa left a day after, joinging Sampdoria in Serie A of Italy. The Portugese right wing-back signed for Chelsea for a fee of £17m, when Jose Mourinho signed him during his reign. Regan managed to offload the pacey wing-back for a £7m.

Sources understand that Regan wanted to offload as many as he could due to the newly enforced rules in the Premier League regarding the number of players older than 21 in the squad, as well as there being too much competition for position at right-back.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Chelsea hammer FC Timisoara
Result: FC Timisoara 1 - 4 Chelsea (pre-season)
Scorers: Di Santo, Sturridge, Bruma, Lampard.

Match report:
Chelsea enjoyed near total domination over a distinctly average FC Timisoara side at Dan Paltinisanu this evening. Enthusiastic young Argentine, France Di Santo gave Chelsea the lead with a powerful effort outside the box in the 13th minute. Striker Daniel Sturridge doubled Chelsea's lead with a placed shot just after 17 minutes.

Alongisde John Terry, today sat Jeffery Bruma, 18, who's smart run in the box from a corner led to a firm diving header from indisde the six-yard box in the 55th minute to extend the Blues' lead to 3 - 0. Striker Lukas Magera pulled one back for FC Timisoara after 57 minutes with a close range header, but Frank Lampard made it 4 - 1 from the spot fter Timisoara's Contra conded a penalty late on.

Attendance: 14591

Chelsea rise to see off De Kielse Ratten
Result: Germinal Beerschot 0 - 1 Chelsea (pre-season)
Scorers: Malouda.

Chelsea produced a solid performance to beat G. Beerschot Antwerpen at Olympisch Stadion (Kiel). Winger Florent Malouda finished off smart move by a young, and inexperienced Chelsea side, giving the Blues the lead with his placed shot in the 38th minute. The match wasn't that all exciting to be honest, with a total of 12 shots, 5 from Germinal, 7 from Chelsea, with only one clear-cut chance. Despite that, the match was remarkable for the number of fouls committed by Germinal Beerschot, who seemed more concerned with disrupting the flow of the game than playing it.

Attendance: 11527

Chelsea wrap up ex-Bayern keeper, Rensing
Today new Chelsea manager made his first signing of his reign with out-of-contract goalkeeper Michael Rensing becoming the 4th first-team goalkeeper at the club. Regan, who signed a 2 year contract as Chelsea manager 14 days ago had let 2 men go from the squad; Jose Bosingwa to Sampdoria and Deco to Aston Villa, but hadn't brought anyone in until now.

"I am happy to have signed Michael, a new goalkeeper does always cause speculation regarding who is number 1, but Petr, Michael himself, Rossy Turnbull and Hilario all know that Petr is Chelsea's number #1, but it is always good to have backup as being a goalkeeper is a dangerous job" said Stuart Regan.

Ross Turnbull is currently set to be loaned out to Middlesbrough, where Chelsea recently signed him from on a free. Petr Cech is currently out until late August with an injured calf muscle, missing the beginning of the season, including the Community Shield against Man Utd. Finally, academy developed Rhys Taylor is also set to join Everton for an undisclosed fee.

"Rhys Taylor was always a young man that I saw potential in. I believe he will achieve a high standard in his career and rise to become number #1 at Everton eventually."

Confident performance from The Blues
Result: Club Deportivo Estudiantes Tecos 2 - 4 Chelsea (pre-season)
Scorers: Sturridge (x2), Kakuta, Gokhan Tore.

Anefficient performance by an extremely young 23-man Chelsea squad which saw them confidently overcome a lacklustre Estudiantes Tecos 4 - 2 at Estadio Galeria de la UAG. Two smart one-on-one finish by Daniel Sturridge helped Chelsea to victory with immense pace and precision.

Striker Sturridge fave Chelsea the lead with a placed shot in the 12th minute. Estudiantes Tecos' equaliser came through Roberto Gutierrez as he seized on new Chelsea goalie Michael Rensing's mistake to score a well executed finish. Sturridge put the away side in front again after 26 minutes with a placed shot. Kakuta stunned the home fans with a curling shot from 25 yards out in the 42nd minute to extend the lead further. Experienced striker Bruno Mariono gave the Estudiantes Tecos fans a glimmer of hope just before half time with a real poacher's effort. Chelsea wrapped it up when promising Turkish winger Gokhan Tore, brought on at half time, stunned the home fans yet again, concluding the day with a powerful effort. Chelsea's young guns showed they have a chance in this seasons squad, with all scorers being the age of 20 and under.

Attendance: 12478

Regan fields Youth & Reserves in easy victory
Result: Bradford 0 - 4 Chelsea XI (pre-season)
Scorers: Sinclair, Phillip, Sampayo, Mettemo (OG).

In a stunning performance, Chelsea XI demolished Bradford City 4 - 0 in the pre-season match at Valley Parade.

Explosive winger Scott Sinclair got Chelsea off to a flyer by scoring a good header from just inside the six-yard box on 7 minutes. Young striker, Adam Phillip doubled Chelsea's lead with a close range effort on 15 minutes. Sampayo scored with a powerful effort in the 26th minute to extend the lead further. The last goal of the game came from experienced centre-back Lucien Mettomo whose 58th minute blunder caused an own-goal, which will undoubtedly cause him some embarrassment and grief from fellow team-mates and fans.

Attendance: 14804

---------- Post added at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

bbc.png

Man City fans excited by the prospect of Chelsea duo

Ashley-Cole-001.jpg

The Chelsea and English duo celebrating a win.

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini's interest in signing Chelsea's defensive English duo, John Terry and Ashley Cole has really got fans drooling at the prospect.

The 28-year-old central defender is seen as a perfect addition to the Man City squad and the fans are praising Mancini's vision and good judgement to want to bring such a player to the club.

Cole, who is also 28 is seen as a great addition to the squad in Manchester but would have to fight off positional challenges from newly signed Kolarov and ex-Chelsea team-mate Wayne Bridge.

Stuart Regan stated his thoughts when caught up at Chelsea's training ground in Cobham,

Stuart Regan said:
For one, I think the way Man City are handling things are out of order. The club have attempted to approach each player without the authority of Chelsea and I believe they should be warned that neither player will be sold at any price.

The amount of money Man City can gain may be of an unlimited amount, but to sign these 2 would have to be their whole bank balance. I'm not saying they are for sale, because they are not. Cole has 4 years remaining, keeping him here til 2014, and John is here until 2015. They are both first-team players here, and I have no intention of letting them go. John spoke to me today, and told me that this speculation is just mind-games due to his past with Wayne Bridge, the Man City left back.

Last edited:
i thought ancelotti had actually been sacked :O anyway good luck mate :)

August update tomorrow around 10PM, possibly September & October too.

Keep it up mate gonna be a keen reader

I posted this and my laptop shut down without me saving the game :mad: but I'll redo the pre season and transfer news again tomorrow :/ GUTTED!

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 AM ----------

Due to my laptop shutting down, and without saving the game, I will be requesting to close this, and beginning a new thread - with chelsea, using chris22's end of summer update. Apologies.

If I can (have time), I will provide the link to the new story thread.