Ancelotti worried by Chelsea form

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44
  • Views Views 3K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti says his team showed a fear-factor in the 1-1 draw against Everton as they fail to end their winless streak in the Premier League.

More...

Ancelotti finally woke up,
their form is terrible when compared to start of the season,
even Zilina could defeat them

Ancelotti finally woke up,
their form is terrible when compared to start of the season,
even Zilina could defeat them

What a stupid comment as we beat them in both games!!!

Yer its been poor and its apparent how much we miss Lampard as the driving force in our midfield. The defence looked solid against Everton which is a possitive but the attack and midfield needs alot of work this week. Looking for a much better performance and result although it will be so tough away against the yids. UTC!!!

Ancelotti should be worried. We don't necessarily miss any players, but something has changed.
The players injured are people we've been without for a long time, for example Lampard, and we've coped without them.

With Spurs, United and Arsenal coming up the team really need to get their act together. We can't beat Spurs on form let alone when we're playing terrible, and United will steam roller us the way we're playing now.

We have to get at least 7 points from these three games, and have to BEAT United.

Ancelotti should be worried. We don't necessarily miss any players, but something has changed.
The players injured are people we've been without for a long time, for example Lampard, and we've coped without them.

With Spurs, United and Arsenal coming up the team really need to get their act together. We can't beat Spurs on form let alone when we're playing terrible, and United will steam roller us the way we're playing now.

We have to get at least 7 points from these three games, and have to BEAT United.

We are missing Lampard mate and ill tell you why. Lamps keeps hold of the ball by playing good solid passes, pass and move etc etc and we haven't dominated a game since the 1st half against Blackpool which was Lampards first game out injured.

Listen, you've been banging on about Lampard for far, far too long now. Your one excuse is the absence of Lampard. The champions of England should not be so utterly reliant on one player if that is the case.

Is your squad really so bad that when you suffer the loss of one important first team player, your entire title challenge starts falling apart? Every other top team has someone similar to their first teamer that can step in. If Arsenal lose Sagna, Clichy, Fabregas, they have Eboue, Gibbs and Rosicky/Nasri/Wilshere/Ramsey. If United lose Evra, Berbatov, Valencia, they have Fabio, Hernandez, Nani. Even Spurs: Kranjcar for Modric, Pav for Crouch, etc. etc.

Honestly, if Chelsea's problems are all to do with Lampard's absence, you're in big big trouble. Being so reliant on a 32 year old central midfielder is really not a good thing.

Looks like Chelsea miss Lampard more than we miss Gerrard :)

Listen, you've been banging on about Lampard for far, far too long now. Your one excuse is the absence of Lampard. The champions of England should not be so utterly reliant on one player if that is the case.

Is your squad really so bad that when you suffer the loss of one important first team player, your entire title challenge starts falling apart? Every other top team has someone similar to their first teamer that can step in. If Arsenal lose Sagna, Clichy, Fabregas, they have Eboue, Gibbs and Rosicky/Nasri/Wilshere/Ramsey. If United lose Evra, Berbatov, Valencia, they have Fabio, Hernandez, Nani. Even Spurs: Kranjcar for Modric, Pav for Crouch, etc. etc.

Honestly, if Chelsea's problems are all to do with Lampard's absence, you're in big big trouble. Being so reliant on a 32 year old central midfielder is really not a good thing.

Any team no matter what back-up players you have would miss a player as Lampard. I posted a week or so ago how many goals him and Drogba have assisted for each other in the last 5 years and its staggering. When you are used to having somthing so frequently year after year its much more difficult when you do actually lose that man.

---------- Post added at 01:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 AM ----------

Looks like Chelsea miss Lampard more than we miss Gerrard :)

If you never had Stevie G you could very well be in League 1 lol.

Any team no matter what back-up players you have would miss a player as Lampard. I posted a week or so ago how many goals him and Drogba have assisted for each other in the last 5 years and its staggering. When you are used to having somthing so frequently year after year its much more difficult when you do actually lose that man.

Yes, and I'm not denying you would miss him. But missing him to this much, HUGE extent? As Ben posted above, that's far worse than Liverpool's reliance on Gerrard. Fair enough, miss a key player, but unless you lose a whole bunch of first-teamers you have little to complain about. If you miss Lampard this much, then it's your fault for not buying better backup or building a team less one-dimensional.

Yes, and I'm not denying you would miss him. But missing him to this much, HUGE extent? As Ben posted above, that's far worse than Liverpool's reliance on Gerrard. Fair enough, miss a key player, but unless you lose a whole bunch of first-teamers you have little to complain about. If you miss Lampard this much, then it's your fault for not buying better backup or building a team less one-dimensional.

Lampard and Drogba have been the 2 players we have relied on the most in terms of goals for the best part of 5 years now and Lampard is injured and Drogba is unfit and has been for a while. Im not saying the bad form is 100% on Lampard being out by im pretty confident in saying if Lampard had been fit for this season im pretty sure we wouldnt have dropped as many points as we have.

I don't know how you can say you're missing Lampard when he's been out all season. It's only recently that Chelsea have been struggling, and it's down to the fact that Malouda and Drogba haven't been firing. Also, take Essien out of any team and there are massive boots to fill. He's your best player imo. Stop blaming it on the absence of Lampard!

I don't know how you can say you're missing Lampard when he's been out all season. It's only recently that Chelsea have been struggling, and it's down to the fact that Malouda and Drogba haven't been firing. Also, take Essien out of any team and there are massive boots to fill. He's your best player imo. Stop blaming it on the absence of Lampard!

Chelsea are best when we dominate the game and the last time we dominated a game was the first half against Blackpool which was the first game Lampard missed. All the games before then Chelsea were tearing teams appart because Lampard's pin-point passing makes sure the team keeps hold of the ball. Also Lampard moves the ball forward which is key because that helps create more goal scoring chances. Im not blaiming it fully on the Lampard injury at all im just saying its a massive factor.

If you never had Stevie G you could very well be in League 1 lol.

We're playing as well without him as we were with him. It gives the other players more freedom without him, it isn't just give the ball to Gerrard all the time. Don't get me wrong, he's the 2nd best Liverpool player ever but no way would we be in a lower division without him.

We're playing as well without him as we were with him. It gives the other players more freedom without him, it isn't just give the ball to Gerrard all the time. Don't get me wrong, he's the 2nd best Liverpool player ever but no way would we be in a lower division without him.

I know i was joking mate lol, Stevie G is a magnificent footballer.

Chelsea are best when we dominate the game and the last time we dominated a game was the first half against Blackpool which was the first game Lampard missed. All the games before then Chelsea were tearing teams appart because Lampard's pin-point passing makes sure the team keeps hold of the ball. Also Lampard moves the ball forward which is key because that helps create more goal scoring chances. Im not blaiming it fully on the Lampard injury at all im just saying its a massive factor.

Obviously, any team would miss Lampard, but it's how a team deals with injuries that inevitably wins them the league - it has been for the last few years. He is in his 30's so your going to have to replace him soon (queue the Josh Meachran :wub:)

Obviously, any team would miss Lampard, but it's how a team deals with injuries that inevitably wins them the league - it has been for the last few years. He is in his 30's so your going to have to replace him soon (queue the Josh Meachran :wub:)

Yer and i think thats what Chelsea want in the long run slowly edge McEachran in to replace Lampard. But im not 100% sure because McEachran is a totally different player to Lampard, i know its early days and i know he hasen't been great so far but i think Ramires is more in the Lampard role.

I totally agree with your first point about its how you deal with the injurys but my point is that we have had him fit for 9years now and this is the first time we have really been without him so its new.

The fact is, we haven't lost one player, we've been missing two of our best players for a while now, and that's still a problem for all clubs isn't it. A worst fear clause, where two brilliant players get injured for a club, ie. Vidic and Ferdinand, Fabregas and Nasri etc. etc.
The reason Chelsea our struggling with Terry and Lampard missing is our strength in depth. We have one of the smallest, if not THE smallest squads in the league, we effectively have 18 first team players, all the rest youth/reserves.

We don't miss Lampard. We haven't noticed his absence until about a month ago. We coped without him, there is no reason why we can't do this until he's back.

Saying this, he's our only creative midfielder, and we need to sign another in January.

The fact is, we haven't lost one player, we've been missing two of our best players for a while now, and that's still a problem for all clubs isn't it. A worst fear clause, where two brilliant players get injured for a club, ie. Vidic and Ferdinand, Fabregas and Nasri etc. etc.
The reason Chelsea our struggling with Terry and Lampard missing is our strength in depth. We have one of the smallest, if not THE smallest squads in the league, we effectively have 18 first team players, all the rest youth/reserves.

We've been coping without Rooney and Valencia pretty much all season. They were our best players last season with the goals they both scored and assisted. Yet we're still top of the league. Last season we had 1 fit defender for about a month, and we still only missed out on the title by 1 point.

Back