Ancelotti writes off title hopes

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti writes off his side's chances of retaining the Premier League title.

More...

Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti writes off his side's chances of retaining the Premier League title.

More...

Now for us it is difficult to think that we can come back and fight for the Premier League title," said Ancelotti, whose side take on Fulham on Monday

"The gap is very big, we have to be honest," admitted Ancelotti.
"The most important thing is to reach fourth place in the table to maintain Chelsea in the Champions League and we have to fight with the other teams.
"It is better for us to take it game by game in the Premier League but we have to reach fourth place as a minimum."

He didnt rule it out as BBC said thats from the link the BBC gave

Bang on Calum. Sloppy and pre-emptive journalism from the BBC. I expect better.

Never rulled it out he just said the priority now is to aim for the top 4. Right in a way as it takes abit of pressure off the lads.

BBC, stop posting **** pal.

Unfortunately, I've come to expect this from the BBC now. It's turning into the rags you see in the shops day in day out.

Unfortunately, I've come to expect this from the BBC now. It's turning into the rags you see in the shops day in day out.
the bbc is so poor these days.

Bigger news is that David Luiz will start his first game on Monday. The lad really looks like a talent. I will go on record now and say if Ramires plays Chelsea will win. Also looks as if he will stick with the Anelka, Drogba and Torres combo upfront.

The BBC should be banned for mis-leading titles!

Want my verdict? Ancelotti won't be chelsea manager come the end of the season.

I think that they will finish 4th or 3rd, but not really challenging for the title. They have class, but the whole team is not on form.