recram

Reaction score
Hi guys, this is my first time uploading tactics, giving something back to the community aha.

This is my honest attempt at reproducing Carlo Ancelotti's 4-3-3 system of 2013-2014 that won La Decima for Real Madrid.

For those of you managing a TOP team who wants an overload tactic that creates LOTS of clear cut chances, LOTS of goals, uses PACE on the counter attack, play FAST, DIRECT football, OUTSCORE the opposition, doesn't mind conceding the odd goal or two, PLEASE READ ON.
Those of you who want 40 clean sheets in a row, DON'T READ ON.
Those of you who want possession football, DON'T READ ON.
Those of you who want perfection, DON'T READ ON.

The tactic:
Key features:

The front 3 of my 4-3-3 is made up of 2 STR and 1 AMR. The left sided striker moves out to the left channel to receive the ball, takes on the fullback one v one, cuts inside onto his right and shoots for goal.

The AMR hugs the touchline, can run from deep with the ball to the byline and cross, or run into the space behind the fullback to receive a through-pass, for a one v one with the keeper.

The right sided striker stays central, picks the ball deep and releases the two guys either side of him, left or right.

Counter attacks are aplenty, the AMR and left sided STR are the main outlets because of their dribbling and pace.

The left sided centre midfielder covers the space on the left side to provide balance, so defensively the left fullback doesn't get outnumbered.

Corners: the right centre-back chips in with 7-10 goals from corners.

View attachment 321084

Now the players:

GK: any good one (Casillas, Hart).

DR/DL: Mainly defensive, so high tackling, marking, heading, stamina are a must. Pace, crossing are nice bonuses (Rafael, Criscito, Papastathopoulos).

DC: Again tackling, marking, heading, anticipation, concentration all important (Galeano, Pepe).

DM: The Deep-lying Playmaker, needs first touch, passing, composure. Defensively, he can break up play and starts the counter attacking move, so good tackling, marking, strength are good bonuses (Alonso, Sahin, Khedira, Gago).

RCM: Creative midfielder/playmaker, so high passing, first touch, technique (Pastore, Xavi, Modric).

LCM: Box-to-box midfielder, needs stamina, pace, passing, first touch (Fletcher, Khedira, De Rossi).

AMR: Winger, high dribbling, pace, crossing are a must. For a more balanced goals:assists ratio, good finishing, long shot and composure are bonuses. Ideally right footed (Walcott, Hazard, Nani)

STCL: "Ronaldo position," needs high finishing, pace, off the ball, dribbling (Neymar, Pato, Ronaldo...duh)

STCR: Number 9 striker, needs finishing, composure, pace, technique (Benzema, Babacar, Sanogo).

Other conditions:

View attachment 321083

5-Star coaching (I have 4.5-Star Coaching)
Top training facilities
Training Schedule: I use Raikan's Training Schedule
Match Preparation: Team Blend, Very High Workload (Around 3 months till Fluid)
Opposition Instructions: Set by assistant
Team talks: At home, "Expect to win." Away from home, "Relax, result will come."/"Enjoy the game." Winning at halftime, "Encourage"/"Pleased." Losing at halftime, "Disappointed."

Results:

I have used this tactic for 3.5 years with Real Madrid, won the lot (La Liga, Champions League, Copa Del Rey). 1st season: 149 goals, 2nd season: 135 goals, 3rd season: 127 goals. Currently halfway through 4th season, played 17, scored 63.
Top Scorer: Ishak Belfodil (70, 42, 56 goals for seasons 1, 2, 3)
You will notice from the fixtures that I won 6-0, 4-2, 7-3, 5-1, 4-0, 3-0, this tactic is about outscoring the opponent. A minimum of 3 clear cut chances are created every game.
Defensively, the odd goal or two conceded will come from crosses/corners/set pieces.

View attachment 321082View attachment 321081View attachment 321080View attachment 321079View attachment 321093View attachment 321092View attachment 321091View attachment 321090View attachment 321089View attachment 321088View attachment 321087View attachment 321086

The latter 3 screenshots of my players make up my front 3. AMR: Paulo, STCL: Wes Gray, STCR: Juan Jose Ferrer. All regens.

Feel free to try it out and give feedback. I'd love to know if it works with lower league teams or not.

I would like to give credit to the following, JP Woody, Mr Hough, Raikan and various others I haven't mentioned, for providing their ideas and influencing mine. This is what playing Football Manager is all about!

Enjoy!

Download: View attachment 321078

Last edited:
good OP and looks good. I wouldnt use it, as i dont play with big teams, so it prob wouldnt work. Unless you think it could work for smaller teams? i may try it
im just amazed that someone else is still playing fm11. Thought i was the only one lol

Last edited:
Ha same, just can't get into the new FM games, it's fun going back to my 2025 save.

Does the tactic work with smaller teams? Well the way I presented it in my OP, given the right players with the right stats, yes it does work. But as a plug and play tactic? It's not the way I play, so it depends. Give it 15 games or so, with good team blend, then we'll see.