Filipino

Reaction score
What's the difference between these 2 roles, if my player has high stamina should he be set as defensive midfielder

Got this of the internet hope it helps

Here are some examples of players irl who play in these roles:

Essien/De Rossi/Toure = defensive midfielder (they protect the back 4, but somtimes get forward making late runs and support the attack)

De Jong = anchor man (all he does is sit in front of back 4, never getting forward and always playin simple short passes)

Fletcher - ball winning midfielder (he is a centre mid, but 1 who presses the midfielder constantly, doesnt really sit in front of back 4, but gives opponents no time on the ball)

Mascherano is an anchor man in real life, hes always in front of the back 4 and rarely gets forward. A ball winning midfielder doesnt provide much protection for the back 4, he just tries to win the ball back.

The Anchor man is totally defence orientated,he will sit in front of the back 4 and break things up,then give it simple to a team mate.

A Defensive midfielder has a bit more technique and will look to be more creative and get forward now and again.

Danny, can you give a link to all that stuff?

All that stuff.?

Its there it was on a forum and that is it all nothing else just the guys asking the same things this guys did.

Hi I manage Panathinaikos( the best team in Greece ). What is the best role for Giberto Silva?

Lorik Cana is a great D.Mid you should try as it not expensive player

So if he's a good passer and creative he would excel at defensive midfielder role? If he has good anticipation and positioning he should be anchor man? thanks

I play Mascherano as a Ball Winning MC at home and an Anchor Man DMC away or holding a lead late.

Another great anchorman which people haven't heard as much about is Anthony Annan. Try him out, he's got all the right stats for a premier league anchor man and he hisn't too expensive (I got him for £6.75million in the second season with newcastle).

Another great anchorman which people haven't heard as much about is Anthony Annan. Try him out, he's got all the right stats for a premier league anchor man and he hisn't too expensive (I got him for £6.75million in the second season with newcastle).

Great shout man I bought him before for my Toon side, what formation do you play, if I play a ball winning midfielder next to a more attacking midfielder does that mean my defence will be exposed as neither of the CMs are protecting

My def Mid is Toulalan(dmc) and box to box is Wilson Palacios(mc) at Athletico and I'm not happy with their form.Can you suggent anything for a good performance?( I also have Ignacio Camacho)