Status
Not open for further replies.

Grenwald

Reaction score
Im new to the forum, and thought I would make my 1st post a story, as many of you know, Leeds United FC are no longer the force they were. With there current rise to the spotlight with the win of Man U, and earning a replay against Tottenham, I saw this as an oppertunity to take Leeds back to where they belong, the Premier League.
Any advice/constructive critism of my efforts is welcomed, enjoy all
thanks for reading, Grenwald

No they aint a force you hit the nail on the head there.....Good luck matey.....Hopefully you can win the champions league within 5 seasons (I've seen it done)

Will be following. :)
I'm managing Leeds also, i have signed Kikin Fonseca.
And Cameron Jerome, Ritchie De Laet, Tom Soares and the Portsmouth Goalkeeper, forgot his name, on loan.. But all with be available for loan. I'd recommend them, you will need another goalkeeper, try the Portsmouth one. Good luck :)

As new manager of LUFC, I decided first of all, to reinforce the squad a little bit. Although I have a respectable budget of £1,000,000 I have decided to try and source as many players as possible from free transfers.
I managed to pick up a few of these so far, I decided that the left back position was most in need of reinforcement, and found Michael Ball to fill this role. I also signed Sol Campbell to bolster the back line, as despite his age, he is still a useful player, especially for league 1.
For the midfield, I found 2 players, Andy Van de Meyde, again on a free transfer, and Carl Robinson for £50k. from Toronto FC
To partner either Beccio or Beckford upfront, I found a gem of a player, again on a free Ivan Kaviedes.
Leaving Elland road, I have Casper Ankergren agreeing terms with his former club, for a fee of £60K, and am currently looking for another keeper, hopefully to start ahead of Shane Higgs, before the season begins...

Last edited:
Good stuff. I'll be posting from time to time. :)

Get Begovic on loan for a keeper, top class. Good luck

Will be following. :)
and the Portsmouth Goalkeeper, forgot his name, on loan.. But all with be available for loan. I'd recommend them, you will need another goalkeeper, try the Portsmouth one. Good luck :)

i think that it might be begovic

anyway good luck with this, i will follow

Its the end of August now, and the transfer window is closed...
To provide backup/competition for Shane Higgs I signed Mark Howard, although No-where as good as begovic, Portsmouth were demanding £1mil as a loan fee, so I signed Howard or £425k.
I also managed to pick up 26 year old Ze Rui on yet another free transfer, who looks a very promising left winger...
All these free transfers demanded fairly high wages, so to cope with this, I sold Andy Robinson for £150k, who I thought wasnt a great player, especially for £7000 a week!! I also sold Ben parker for £180k, as I think I already have enough decent cover for LB, and finally sold Grella for £130K, as with Kaviedes, Beckford, Beccio and Somma, didnt see the point in keeping him around.

My Preseason warm up games went very well, especially the 3-2 win over Tottenham (Hopefully the real LUFC can beat them in the replay next week!) Although, with the exception of my win over Preston in the cup, August has been a dissapointing month, with only 7 points from 5 games... Partly, I can blame this on a congested fixture list leaving my players tired, and picking up some key injuries, with Doyle missing most of August (but he is know back in training), Kilkenny and Beckford both expected to be out until the end of September, Naylor being out until mid-september.
Hopefully, Autumn will bring me a bit more luck, and a few better results...

Thanks again for reading, Gren
PS: Daz, I will try and keep this updated atleast every other day, depending on how busy my real life gets, will depend on how much I can include in these updates though.

Andy Van Der Meyde really underperformed for my Leeds squad, never seemed to get going to be honest, not pacey enough maybe. Perhaps you will have better luck with him.

Good luck with the career.

jan mucha

ive got him in my leeds game currently in my 2nd season, bought him in my 1st conceded just 20 goals all season and i played with just 3 defenders, the guy is quality goalkeeper, international for Slovakia as well

Status
Not open for further replies.