AdamAfc

Reaction score

View attachment 437714

This story will be about my journey in taking Anderlecht from Champions League nobodies to winners of the competition. As I didn't want the story to take forever I added a twist. I decided that I'd give myself a 75 million starting budget to fall under the story of the club being taken over by a billionaire made by oil money.
I understand that this could put people off but please give this a read as I haven't made any silly transfers and that is the only boost that I will be giving myself.

Of course the Belgian League will be easy to win but my main goal is European glory and then once I have won it with Anderlecht I will look to move clubs and carry on with this quest to win the competition.

Anyway enough of the boring bit. I am currently in October so I will give you guys those updates today or tomorrow and I really hope you give this a read! Of course I will show you my transfers and Pre-Season games as an
introduction. Thank you!

Last edited:
Pre-Season and Transfers

So, First of all I will talk about my summer signings and also the summer departures.

Transfers in

Samba Diakite- 1.7 million-
I saw him transfer listed by Qpr so I decided that he was of a good enough standard to play the role of Ball Winning Midfielder and for that amount of money I can't really go wrong.

Nicolas Gaitan- 7 Million-
This man is good enough to play in the Champions League for most teams so this was a great coup for us. He was available but I nabbed him early enough before any other teams became interested. This was our biggest transfer and smashed our record by almost 3 million. He's still young so I could certainly sell him on for profit if I felt it necessary.

Eduardo- 3.9 Million- An experienced striker who will hopefully nab some important goals. Won't be a starter but will be useful as a short-term option.

John Mensah- Free- We were short in defensive numbers so I decided to pick up Mensah as cover for my main Centre Backs. His experience and ability will help us in the league as well as in Europe.

William Gallas- Free- Same reasons as Mensah really but the part that really enticed me to sign Gallas was his ability to play anywhere in the back four as well as his European experience.

Richairo Zivkovic- 575K- A well known player who is chased by Europe's top clubs so I decided to go for him as soon as I got the job and luckily I got my man. Will probably not be a starter but who knows.

Guillermo Sotelo- Loan- I signed this Argentinian full back as a back up to my main left back and hopefully if he performs well I will be able to sign him next summer

Jordi Gomez- 925K- He was offered to me twice but I was unsure about this decision. On deadline day I went ahead with it as he suits my tactics and is technically one of the best players at the club. My only concerns are his fitness and consistency but if he doesn't perform I will have no qualms about selling him.

A lot of youth players left the club either on loan or on a free and the only player I received money for was
Davy Roef to Kortrijk for 30K.

Pre-Season:

Vaduz 0-1 Anderlecht
Eduardo (7)

Not much to say about this game as it was completely meaningless but nice to see Eduardo score.

Super Cup:

Anderlecht 2-1 Genk
Laszlo Koteles Own Goal (16)
Guillame Gillet Own Goal (38)
Nicolas Gaitan (59)

Nice to win against our rivals and to also gain my first piece of silverware. A poor game really as shown by the two own goals but that man Nicolas Gaitan starting to pay back some of his fee with an important goal.

Friendly:

TP Mazembe 0-5
Anderlecht
John Mensah (36)
Andy Najar (50)
Eduardo (59)
Cheikhou Kouyate (62)
Elis Koulibaly (86)

An easy meaningless win before the new season.

Starting Line-Up:

View attachment 437674
I also have a more Defensive 4-5-1 as well as a 4-4-2 but this one above will be my main tactic.

August Results

So we start our league campaign this month. I will also tell you my Champions League Group now otherwise I will forget!!

Real Madrid
Schalke
Manchester City
Anderlecht

I think that's the hardest group we could've got but of course this is a project in it's early stages and we will just try our best.

League:

Anderlecht 4-0 Zulte Waregem
Karel D'Haene Own Goal (15)
Davy De Fauw Own Goal (70

Olafur Skulason Sent Off (71)
Frank Acheampong (76)
Richairo Zivkovic (83)

A great start to our season and hopefully we keep this up. Strange to see another pair of own goals but I'll take them as long as we're picking up points!

Cercle Brugge 0-3 Anderlecht
Matias Suarez (3)
Aleksandar Mitrovic (10)
Nicolas Gaitan (56)

A good away win and if I'm honest the game was done after 10 minutes so we took it easy and never looked like we would be pegged back.

Anderlecht 1-0 Waasland- Beveren
Massimo Bruno (52)

Not a good enough performance but we got the points. The only player who performed well was Bruno who is a very bright prospect of ours.

Mons 1-1 Anderlecht
Aleksandar Mitrovic Missed Penalty (27)
Aleksandar Mitrovic (54)

Pieter Jan-Monteyne (66)

A bad game for us and especially for Mitrovic even though he scored. Games like these should be won even though we are away from home.

KV Kortrijk 0-3 Anderlecht
Matias Suarez (43)
Guillame Gillet Penalty (66)
Richairo Zivkovic (74)

Much better than last time and Good to see some different goalscorers.

A nice month that sees us top of the league which is what I would have expected. I will update either later tonight or tomorrow! Thanks for following this and let me know how it's been so far!!

Will follow this mate! Like stories when it involves takeovers, like you said as long as it's not silly money! Good luck!

Will follow this mate! Like stories when it involves takeovers, like you said as long as it's not silly money! Good luck!

Thanks mate and that's the only money I'm going to add so the rest will be from the board.

September

Let's hope we can carry on our form from now and really open up a gap in the league allowing us to concentrate on Europe.

Anderlecht 2-0 OH Leuven
Massimo Bruno (5, 32)
Samba Diakite Sent Off

A good performance by Bruno once again but Diakite getting sent off was a negative. I did worry about Diakite's disciplinary record but hopefully this won't be a regular occurence.

Champions League:

Anderlecht 2-0 Schalke
Dennis Praet (18)
Cheikhou Kouyate (42)

Really pleased with this by the lads a wonderful performance. Even better news that Madrid and City drew 0-0 so we have a nice base to build upon!

Lokeren 0-2
Anderlecht
Bram Nuytinck (33)
Eduardo (82)

A nice away win to keep us top of the league and good to see Eduardo score even though his chances have been limited.

Belgian Cup:

Anderlecht 4-0 Oudenaarde
Matias Suarez Penalty (30) Penalty (42) Penalty (85)
Massimo Bruno (87)

Three Suarez penalties in one game was enough to see them off. An amazing amount of penalties in one game that showed just how bad they were compared to us.

Genk 0-2
Anderlecht
Massimo Bruno (12)
William Gallas (50)

A good win away against our main rivals in this title race and we really do look a class above the rest in this league.

We've had a great month and hopefully October can be even better but I will post those updates when I have finished. Thanks for following and I will add screenshots after this month when I have caught up with my game!

October

A tough run of fixtures this month but we done much better than I would have expected. One massive problem seems to be Mitrovic's poor form, really have no idea why he's playing so badly but he's only young so hopefully he will grab some goals.

Champions League:
Man City 0-1 Anderlecht
Cheikhou Kouyate (59)

WOW! Never expected a win against this City side but we went to the Etihad and Kouyate grabbed a goal from a corner. The defence and our Goalkeeper were outstanding today.

Anderlecht 3-1 Club Brugge
William Gallas (40)
Dennis Praet (45)
Nicolas Gaitan (48)
Mohammed Tchite (52)

A nice win at home capped by a beautiful Dennis Praet free kick.

KV Mechelen 0-0 Anderlecht
Samba Diakite Sent Off (68)
Antonio Ghomsy Sent Off (90)

A shocking game that we really need to be winning.

Champions League:
Real Madrid 1-0
Anderlecht
Sergio Ramos Sent Off (48)
Gareth Bale (70)

So unlucky but the boys were great and we have Madrid at home in a couple of weeks so hopefully we can grab a point or three.

Anderlecht 1-0 Charleroi
Eduardo (40)

A scrappy win but we were very tired after the Madrid game and I'm pleased we got the points.

League Table:
View attachment 436965

Champions League Group:
View attachment 436964

Mitrovic:
View attachment 436963
He's got the attributes but look at his Appearances/Goals. I play him as an Advanced Forward or Target Man but he just isn't doing it.

A good month overall and I will update when I can, Thanks guys!

November

A great month in the Champions League for us! Anderlecht and Man City progress whilst Real Madrid and Schalke are out!!

AA Gent 1-1 Anderlecht
Christophe Lepoint (69)
Frank Acheampong (87)

Lucky to grab a point but they're not a bad team so a point away from home isn't too bad

Champions League:
Anderlecht 3-2 Real Madrid
Aleksandar Mitrovic (4)
Nicolas Gaitan (10)
Gareth Bale (13)
Cristiano Ronaldo (Pen 39)
Guillam Gillet (Pen 47)

My proudest moment so far as a manager and we defended extremely well. A wonderful start to the match helped us hugely and even when it was 2-2 we could have bottled it but we fought on and achieved this!

Anderlecht 2-1 Lierse
Nicolas Gaitan (14)
William Gallas (17)

Hernan Losada (94)

An easy win but we lost concentration in added time and conceded but we got the points which is all that matters.

Oostende 0-5 Anderlecht
William Gallas (4)
Nicolas Gaitan (10)
Luka Milivojevic (71)
Matias Suarez (74)
Naby Sarr Own Goal (76)

We finished well and blew Oostende away, Great performance.

Champions League:

Schalke 0-1 Anderlecht
Aleksandar Mitrovic (20)

We arew through thanks to great defending and clinical finishing! Wonderful performance by us and they never really had a clear cut chance!

League Table:
View attachment 435374

Champions League Table
View attachment 435373

A quality month but I'm still concerned about our lack of a clinical striker, Mitrovic has something like 4 goals in 18 games.

Hi guys just letting you all know that my laptop broke and im currently setting up a new one so hope to keep this save going, thanks

Why would you give yourself 75m if you are then going to buy the sort of players (except perhaps Gaitan) you could ve bought anyway?!