Anderson Blow

oneunited

Reaction score
Anderson out for up to two months

Manchester United midfielder Anderson could be out for up to two months with a knee injury he suffered in his side's narrow FA Cup victory over Crawley Town on Saturday.

Anderson came off at half time at Old Trafford and scans have revealed he has damaged ligaments which could require surgery. Even if he does not need an operation he is expected to be sidelined until mid-April.

andersonmufc_275x155.jpg

The news comes as a blow for Sir Alex Ferguson given injury-stricken Owen Hargreaves has failed to complete his return to central midfield this season.

Ferguson must now rely on Darren Fletcher, Michael Carrick and veteran Paul Scholes to cover that area as the fixtures stack up as United fight for silverware on three fronts.

Carrick could be the main beneficiary of Anderson's woe as he pushes for a more significant role in the team. Before flying out with the squad to France for United's Champions League last-16 first leg tie against Marseillie, he spoke of the buzz he gets from being involved in Europe's top club competition.

"The buzz you get with the Champions League is something that no other competition brings,'' Carrick said. "It was strange watching Tottenham and Arsenal last week and not being involved. We have had to wait an extra week but we are ready for it.''

United will be coming across an old boy in Gabriel Heinze, who spent three seasons at Old Trafford before an acrimonious departure in 2007, when the Red Devils refused to allow the Argentina full-back to join Liverpool. Heinze eventually left for Real Madrid instead, moving on to Marseille two years later, since when he has become a key member of their defence. Whether the 32-year-old can contain former team-mate Wayne Rooney is another matter.

Rooney might have been in a bad mood during his second-half contribution to Saturday's narrow FA Cup win over non-league Crawley, but seven days previously he had scored what has been hailed as one of the best goals Old Trafford has ever seen. As a top-level professional, performing an overhead kick should be nothing special to Carrick. However, even he was staggered by the manner Rooney took his chance.

anderson3_1831511c.jpg

"I felt shock and surprise because it was completely out of the blue,'' said the 29-year-old. "But at the same time there was pure elation. I was standing on the touchline about to come on and thought of doing a (Jose) Mourinho down the line. Straight away you knew you'd witnessed something special.

"It's an instinctive thing. The ball was delivered in the right way for the overhead kick and was the perfect height for him to get up there and volley it. But it's one thing seeing it, quite another being able to do it. The power and direction he got behind it were incredible.''

Source :D

Of only the title had Pamela at the beginning and job at the end... Sorry, bored.

On topic, is he really that much of a loss to united? never rated him

On FM he is yes, irl, poo. He's made two assists all season.

he been absolutely phenomenal
your joking right,ive never rated him since he signed for united i dont think it would be a big loss
i was thinking fergie must have seen something in him and that he would get better but ive not seen any signs of this,cant see him lasting long at united,he's got good pace but thats about it,hardly scores either

He's definitely shown quality, I just think Man United always seemed to have a certain standard of player and he might not be it.

Though to be fair that standard was shot when they signed Michael Owen...

your joking right,ive never rated him since he signed for united i dont think it would be a big loss
i was thinking fergie must have seen something in him and that he would get better but ive not seen any signs of this,cant see him lasting long at united,he's got good pace but thats about it,hardly scores either
you dont watch him much then... he has definitely got better, and has a big future at united

He's been better this season then he has been previous seasons, and with only 3 good CM's in the squad, it is a bit of a blow for united. Imagine if Carrick, Fletcher or Scholes also got injured, then we'd have to rely on the inconsistency of Gibson :(

Then you don't tend to watch united, because Anderson hardly has any pace at all.
And I think he's improved dramatically, I think people seeing him as an attacking midfielder is wrong, cause I see him more as a workhorse and a good tackler and keeper of possession. He is a loss in my eyes, the fact that Carrick is playing pathetic is not going to help either.

Of only the title had Pamela at the beginning and job at the end... Sorry, bored.

On topic, is he really that much of a loss to united? never rated him

On FM he is yes, irl, poo. He's made two assists all season.

Maybe you should watch more before commenting on him. He was excellent when he got few run of games. It is all about carrying momentum. He was our best midfielder in the most games he played. You dont need to Score or assist to be rated as good player. *Check Iniesta*.

For a CM he has gooddribbling ability, and his driving runs were excellent. He will be missed for sure as apart from Scholes, he is our only midfielder who looked creating something..

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

Then you don't tend to watch united, because Anderson hardly has any pace at all.
And I think he's improved dramatically, I think people seeing him as an attacking midfielder is wrong, cause I see him more as a workhorse and a good tackler and keeper of possession. He is a loss in my eyes, the fact that Carrick is playing pathetic is not going to help either.

Maybe you shoud watch more United matches. Anderson has excellent pace and he is very quick. And Carrick is not pathetic. One of our reliable CMs and much better than Fletcher this season.

He has improved from earlier and he has shown better form in United than before. He just needs more time, more training and more matches. I'm sure he can be a star player once he gets that.

Won't be that bad, hasn't played well recently anyway

I dont rate him much.
But this season he showed improvments, and we could "profit" if he continiues to play like this season.

You probably still think that Lucas is ***** though don't you?

Him and Anderson have improved massively and have come on leaps and bounds.

You seriously want me to go and compare Iniesta and Anderson? Trust me mate, that's a comparison that won't end in your favour!

But seeing as you asked:
Anderson has played a bit part in united's title ambitions this season, scoring 0 goals and making 2 assists in 12 appearances. Iniesta, once back from injury, and after scoring the winning goal in the world cup final, has been his usual integral part in the Barca team, scoring 7 goals and making 3 assists in 24 appearances.

I have seen united play plenty of times this season, Berbatov (when he's interested) and Nani have been your real stars this season, definitely not Anderson.

You seriously want me to go and compare Iniesta and Anderson? Trust me mate, that's a comparison that won't end in your favour!

But seeing as you asked:
Anderson has played a bit part in united's title ambitions this season, scoring 0 goals and making 2 assists in 12 appearances. Iniesta, once back from injury, and after scoring the winning goal in the world cup final, has been his usual integral part in the Barca team, scoring 7 goals and making 3 assists in 24 appearances.

I have seen united play plenty of times this season, Berbatov (when he's interested) and Nani have been your real stars this season, definitely not Anderson.

He wasn't comparing them, he said you don't need to be assisting loads to be playing well, a-la Iniesta for Barca. Anderson has been very good this season, he's a big blow.

Dont try to start an argument,
All i said was

You dont need to Score or assist to be rated as good player. *Check Iniesta*

Where did i compare Anderson and Iniesta.

You dont need to score or Assist to play well. There are many midfielders who are key for the team but you wont find their name on score sheet or assist chart.

If you have watched United this season, you would have known what Anderson brings to our midfield.

stewartgardner Stewart Gardner
SAF says anderson knee inj not as bad as reported. Out for 2 weeks. Giggs fit for sat. Rio and evans fit for chelsea.

Stewart Gardner is the official Manchester United TV Commentator. Anderson's only out for 2 weeks, not 2 months.