Reaction score
Started a Man United save, Anderson is currently transfer listed and in the reserves. With a value of only about £5 million, the fact that he's still relatively young, and because players like Scholes and Carrick aren't viable long-term midfielders, I feel like I should take him off the transfer list.

However, he's done very little since joining United, and I might be able to ****** £10 million out of him, which could go towards clearing the debt. The other problem is he wouldn't fit to well with the system I'm trying to implement.

I'm going to play a 4-2-3-1 with 2 defensive minded midfielders in the centre. Anderson can't tackle and has poor positional bearings. He can play attacking midfield, but I already have Rooney, Kagawa, Powell, Nani, Young, Giggs, maybe even Petrucci who can play in that sort of area.

In your opinions, is the best thing to get rid of Anderson for as much as I can, and write his time at United off as a failure, risking him reaching his peak at the wrong time? Or should I hold onto him, give us another option in the centre, assess how he develops in the next year, and decide the following summer? Thoughts anyone?

I had a Newcastle U save a few months back (before my laptop's demise), in which I bought Anderson and he turned into one of my star midfielders. I generally found he performed best (as in match ratings) when played as a DLP next to a ball winner (like Tiote). Admittedly, he wasn't being surrounded by MU quality players, but I was fighting in the Champ's leagues spots for a couple of consecutive seasons.

I know this doesn't really help you :D But I think £5m for MU is hardly a drop in the ocean so unless you have a major desire to sell I personally wouldn't bother. Although he was getting a lot of games for me at NU so that could a big difference.

I wish I could have recovered that save file :(

I had a Newcastle U save a few months back (before my laptop's demise), in which I bought Anderson and he turned into one of my star midfielders. I generally found he performed best (as in match ratings) when played as a DLP next to a ball winner (like Tiote). Admittedly, he wasn't being surrounded by MU quality players, but I was fighting in the Champ's leagues spots for a couple of consecutive seasons.

I know this doesn't really help you :D But I think £5m for MU is hardly a drop in the ocean so unless you have a major desire to sell I personally wouldn't bother. Although he was getting a lot of games for me at NU so that could a big difference.

I wish I could have recovered that save file :(

Ok thanks, the only problem is players like Carrick, Cleverley and Scholes will be given a deep-lying playmaker role. I don't really want another so I'd probably employ him as box-to-box midfielder because of his energy. Although, maybe he could do well with the DLP role in cup matches, alongside Darren Fletcher as ball winner.

Could you also tell us how much you signed him for? Not sure where to set the asking price if I decide to keep him on the transfer list.

I don't have the save file anymore to double check, but I *think* it was only in the region of £5m.

Ok thanks mate. For the record so far I've done some great business I reckon. I've taken Raikan's advice and offered out Ashley Young for £20 million, Arsenal got him amazingly. Laughing all the way to the bank!

Then I put in a bid for Fellaini of £10 million plus Anderson, which was accepted. So happy about Fellaini because he'll just dominate play.

So so far my dealings have resulted in the loss of average players in Young and Anderson, the gain of a top player like Fellaini and a £10 million net profit. Call that a good day's work!

Fellaini cost me £25m on my Madrid save, you have had a bargain there. Best player in my team by far.

Ok thanks mate. For the record so far I've done some great business I reckon. I've taken Raikan's advice and offered out Ashley Young for £20 million, Arsenal got him amazingly. Laughing all the way to the bank!

Then I put in a bid for Fellaini of £10 million plus Anderson, which was accepted. So happy about Fellaini because he'll just dominate play.

So so far my dealings have resulted in the loss of average players in Young and Anderson, the gain of a top player like Fellaini and a £10 million net profit. Call that a good day's work!

If u r playing with the Old Update......... ie - with Default Database, then this cant be called good day's work...
My Dealings in the Old update were as follows...
Offer Young for 27m. Arsenal Comes in for him
Offer 25m + 2m after 50 games for Bale. Its Accepted Wages 100k Max
Offer 2m + Anderson for Fellaini. Its Accepted Wages 90k Max
Optional Transfers
If Sandro becomes unsettled bcos of Bale leaving, Talk to Press declaring interest and Next Day he is Transfer Listed at 15.25m
After Sandro is Signed and is in the Man Utd Squad, Offer Cleverley for 20m. Spurs come in for Him.
And This all things work as i have done this quite a few times when i was starting my Champions League Challenge

try get Will hughes in for the future but id keep Anderson

signed anderson for spurs and palyed as a box to box midfielder to link the pla and he has done great job always averaging 7.50

If u r playing with the Old Update......... ie - with Default Database, then this cant be called good day's work...
My Dealings in the Old update were as follows...
Offer Young for 27m. Arsenal Comes in for him
Offer 25m + 2m after 50 games for Bale. Its Accepted Wages 100k Max
Offer 2m + Anderson for Fellaini. Its Accepted Wages 90k Max
Optional Transfers
If Sandro becomes unsettled bcos of Bale leaving, Talk to Press declaring interest and Next Day he is Transfer Listed at 15.25m
After Sandro is Signed and is in the Man Utd Squad, Offer Cleverley for 20m. Spurs come in for Him.
And This all things work as i have done this quite a few times when i was starting my Champions League Challenge

Screenshot please