ILoveLamp

Reaction score
Following on from my Liechtenstein story I've started up an Andorran one to fulfil the small nation challenge.

Unlike Vadiz, Andorran sides can qualify for the UCL which is vital for the prize money to improve training and youth facilities and progress the whole nation.

Instant result and 14 league games a season so should fly through seasons until FM16 is released.

Off we go..

View attachment 219368

FC Santa Coloma

View attachment 219367
View attachment 219366

Andorran League

View attachment 219365

Plenty of room for progress.

Hi...You can also try Andorra the club who plays to Lower categories of Spain I think is easier and the money more..Anyway good luck!!

Hi...You can also try Andorra the club who plays to Lower categories of Spain I think is easier and the money more..Anyway good luck!!

It requires either tinkering with the editor since the club plays on regional level (two tiers below the lowest division available by default) or downloading an editor data that enables the full Spanish football pyramid.

So you finally started this huh... Santa Coloma is a pretty sensible choice since is one of Andorra's most solid squads so far.
I wish you good luck with this challenge and I'll be sure to check it out to see how it goes every now and then ^^

It requires either tinkering with the editor since the club plays on regional level (two tiers below the lowest division available by default) or downloading an editor data that enables the full Spanish football pyramid.

Er... so does playing in the Andorran league...!?

Er... so does playing in the Andorran league...!?

Allow me to elaborate then:

1-> Lamp started a challenge in the Andorran league.
2-> Sheriff asked Lamp why he chose an Andorran league team over F.C. Andorra (A team who plays in Primera Catalana, which is Catalonia's first regional tier and Spain's fifth national tier).
3-> I explained to him why Lamp chose starting on Andorra rather than in Spain with F.C.Andorra.

And now for your point...

Yes... Andorran league is an editor data aswell... But...

A) The Andorran league is fully functional while I've yet to see a full Spanish on fully functional AND accurate so far (most of Spain's expansions that go beyond Third Division have the promotion system botched and is difficult to implement realistic groups when a huge amount of teams aren't even in the database).
B) A save in Andorra will advance more smoothly that one with Spain's fifth tier (due to amount of groups and teams said tier has...37 groups and the one above First Regional has 18 groups).
C) Lamp has stated that in order to progress further he needs to play Champions League football and it's way faster and easier by starting on Andorra's top flight than on Spain's fifth tier.

Now that everything is more clear (or so I hope), it would be time to focus and enjoy on Lamp's struggles to put Andorran football on top of the world ^^

Last edited:
Yes but if you think about it, he will make five or six years to get into the CL groups..?By then logically he will promote to first category and the money prize of spanish liga are much more than andorran premier....Even spanish 2 division has more and is easier to get into the group stage through the spanish liga qualification places...This is my thought...

I've seen challenges with FC Andorra starting from Spain's fifth tier (as a matter of fact I can link you to one if you don't mind it being in Spanish) and you're making it sound way easier than it actually is.
Getting a Spain's third tier professional (or semi-professional even) team to European football in less than 5 years is doable with relative ease (I've done it myself...quite a few times), getting an amateur team with obscure reputation, little to no money and with a stadium that can't be expanded due to they sharing it with almost 60% of Andorran teams to European football in less than 10 years... would prove one heck of an ordeal.

While I see where are you trying to explain and it might have its advantages on the long run, is pretty much impractical in a scenario that pretty much requires immediate money to prosper... Besides, starting with F.C. Andorra would also hinder his job as a national squad manager... Since it exists the risks of having multiple Spaniard regens thrown into the mix (since FC Andorra despite being an Andorran squad plays in Spain's league system) instead of having 100% Andorran regens like Santa Coloma, Principat, Lusitanos, Sant Julià, Ordino would have.

But anyway... Your proposal would make an interesting challenge, I hope you don't mind if I consider doing so once FM2k16 comes out.

.P.S.: Accept my apologies for derailing your thread so much, Lamp.