BCAFC86

Reaction score
So, based on Kandersson's San Marino Challenge (http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...narios/147542-great-san-marino-challenge.html) which I have tried (and am still trying to this day), I wanted something similar but even more challenging at club level.

The Andorra Challenge

View attachment 441245
FC Andorra play in the fifth tier of Spanish Football or the Divisiones Regionales de Futbol as it is known. So unlike the San Marino challenge where 2 promotions will see you compete in Serie A, with FC Andorra you will need 4 promotions to reach La Liga. An interesting quirk about FC Andorra is that the whole squad when you begin the game are Andorran. Signing players will be tough and the first couple of promotions will be very hard as there are so many regional divisions that in some cases only the league winner is promoted making the Spanish lower leagues a very tough challenge.

That leads me onto the National Team. The National team is arguably of a better standard than San Marino with many players for Andorra being at Semi-Professional clubs in the Spanish league system (including your own), however dont get too carried away as they have only won 3 games in their entire history and their last goal in a competitive match was scored in 2010. Their leading all time goalscorer is centre back, Ildefons Lima with 7 goals, he starts the game at FC Andorra and should be one of your key players.

Goals for FC Andorra:
Win Promotion from the Primera Catalana
Win Promotion from the Tercana Division
Win Promotion from the Segunda Division B
Win Promotion from the Liga Adelante
Win La Liga
Win the Copa Del Rey
Qualify for either the Europa League or the Champions League
Win the Europa League
Win the Champions League
Win the European Super Cup
Sell a player for over 20 million

Goals for Andorra NT:
Win a friendly match
Get your first point in a WC or Euro Qualifying campaign
Win a competitive match
Become ranked in the top 50 in the world rankings
Become the top ranked nation in the world
Qualify for the European Championship
Qualify for the World Cup
Win the European Championship
Win the World Cup
Have a player win the golden boot at a World Cup
Beat Ildefons Lima's record of 7 international goals

Database to use as put together by Death Ball (FC Andorra are in the Primera Catalana G2): http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...anish-activated-spanish-complete-project.html

Rules:
There arent really any rules here, you may want to manage both club and country from the start to give yourself the best chance and to get yourself familiar with the whole setup.
You will need to load all players based in Andorra and of Andorran nationality and I would recommend loading all players based in Spain to maximise your number of transfer targets. Apart from that load any nations you would like.

Notes and facts:
- With a stadium capacity of just 899, this really adds to the challenge as upgrading the youth facilities to create better regens for the NT wont be your only priority with spare cash, you will need to upgrade the stadium too!
- You are predicted to win the Primera Catalana G2 in your first season so you better hit the ground running ;)

Here is your home for years to come:

Good luck, give it a go and let us know how your doing.

always wanted to try this but very afraid the number of players/divisions are to much for my rubbish pc... those regional divisions are insane!

need to give it a go at some point though!

Sounds interesting, I wanted to try the San Marino challenge at some point, as I have given up all too often. Maybe this is the motivation I need for a similar challenge, and I will focus on getting Vauxhall to the Premier League later on. As kandersson stated above, will these extra database additions be too much? Because my PC is also very rubbish. I need 7 books to keep my laptop on to prevent it from overheating.

Excellent idea mate. In early October in 2013 and the club side are top of the league. 7 wins and a defeat from my first 8 games! On the national front - Lost to Moldova 3-2 in a friendly, lost 1-0 to Turkey in the Euros and a 2-0 defeat to Holland but then I drew 1-1 with Estonia :)

Kandersson/The False Nine - The PC issue could come into play, I guess it depends how many other leagues you want to load. From that database I didn't load anything lower than level 5 in Spain. But I did load leagues from about 12 other countries...mainly for the future when I can sign players from these countries (at the moment only Spanish based players will consider me). There are 102,000 players loaded on mine and it runs like normal. You could try just loading the Spanish system at first and then maybe adding new leagues to join later on in your career if the CPU can handle it?

WhitleyBayFC -Excellent progress! Due to xmas I haven't had much time on it yet but hoping to have a good go this week before Im back at work on the 2nd.

Dwellyn - Look forward to seeing your progress if you do :)

Looks and sounds interesting, will definitely have to give this a go sometime. Great work!

I did the san marino challenge last year. This one looks as though its going to be a lot more challenging on the club front. The San Marino club team has a better infrastructure and a higher division as well as having a lower standard top flight i.e. no Barca/Real.

Downloading it now, will most likely give it a go.

FC Andorra won the Primera Catalana Grupo 2 but as you see from the screenshot it was quite close. Ildefons Lima decided he didn't want to sign a new contract but I managed to tie Joan Carles Toscano to a new contract.

Balaguer are also running me close. I have just hit Christmas of my first season and Im 2nd in the table, 3 points behind Balaguer who I beat 4-2 a couple of games ago. I haven't lost yet this season but have drawn a few. Balaguer have only lost once...to me.

Xavi Sanchez has just got injured for 3 months, that's a huge blow in central midfield.

Toscano is class but earns far too much. Did he take a paycut for you?

David Canet and Marko Lukic have been 2 superb signings at CB so I wouldn't mind losing Lima at his age.

Alex Roca, Sebas Gomez and Ludovic Clemente have all taken paycuts for next season.

National Team

Terrible except for a 1-1 WC Qualifying point at home to Estonia. Also beat San Marino 1-0 in a friendly after a Toscano goal but then lost 4-0 to Myanmar just 4 days later!!

The hardest thing I have found so far is finding good players as you're limited to only having 6 over the age of 23. Should help develop Andorran youngsters. Yeah, I think I got Toscano down to about ?800 a week. I got given 3k for wages for promotion so it helps a lot. On the plus side, the U19 side are topping their league as well but no wonderkids or hot prospects in amongst them.

With the National Side, I can't believe the lack of wide players who can play on either wing. Also only 6 goalkeepers in the national pool. Managed a 0-0 draw away in Ireland in a friendly but then lost 3-1 away to Azerbaijan in the Euro Qualifiers.

Yeah I managed to sign Bacary Mendes (previously of Barca), Sergio Gonzalez (previously of Zaragoza) and Mazuecos who is a regen, these 3 guys are vital to my youngster rule.

I managed to get the board to agree to a Parent Club and one of the recommendations was Barcelona so managed to get one kid from them on loan for the season.

That's brilliant, nice one, that could be a huge help to you especially when you get to the 2nd or 3rd tier and can loan some really good players off them.

Im currently looking to sign some younger players and hoping Balaguer slip up. 3 points adrift in Mid-February

End of January sees me sitting top of the league by a point. Only 5 points separate the top 5 though so it's very close. Toscano has been in great form with 17 goals in 16 games but he has broken his foot and is now out for 4-5 months. It's a devastating blow, but hoping some of the other players can step it up now.

With the National team, we suffered a 4-2 defeat to Montenegro in the Euro Qualifiers before getting a point away to Macedonia with a battling 3-3 draw. We then beat Gibraltar 3-0 in a friendly and then a 0-0 draw in Lithuania in another friendly. Most pleasing is no heavy beatings and scoring quite a few goals. We have England coming up though...

Season 1 - Going into the last game of the season I was 2 points behind Balaguer. I hadnt lost a game all season. Last game of the season was against Balaguer at home. The winner takes the title. An uneventful match and its 0-0 with 10 minutes left, I decide to throw the kitchen sink and end up conceding in the 91st minute to lose 0-1. Balaguer win the title. I finish 2nd and have to go into the playoffs. Fingers crossed.

National Team are ranked 198th after a 1-1 draw with Eritea. Got a friendly vs the Faroe Islands next.

I came out top of the Spanish 3rd Division Group 5 at the end of the 2nd season (104 points from 46 games; 2nd and 3rd place finished on 99 and 4th place on 95). However, as there are so many Groups, I had to go into the play-offs beating Alcorcon 'B' 3-2 (3 shots on target to 12) and then beat Llagostera who had finished 3rd in my group.

The National Side are ranked 171st in the world. Lost a qualifier 3-2 in Finland, then 3-1 in a friendly to Greece, England then beat me 2-0 before I gained another point in the qualifiers with a 3-3 draw at home to Azerbaijan. I may be bottom of the group but after 6 games, I've got 2 points and scored 11 goals, whilst conceding 18.

Won the playoffs. Emphatically beat Binefar 4-0 in the semi final and then beat a team (i forget their name but it began with C) on penalties in the final. My god we made hard work of it though. I got a man sent off after 30 minutes and then a player injured in extra time when Id made all my changes so we finished the game with 9 men but eventually won on penalties.

Now Im sorting the squad ready for the new season in the Tercana.

F.C. Andorra

Season:
2013-2014 (Season 1)

League: Spanish Primera Catalana Grupo 2
Final Position: 1st
Cups: n/a
Average Attendance: 507
Biggest Win: 6-0 (vs Tarrega (Home), Spanish Primera Catalana Grupo 2, 18th January 2014)
Biggest Defeat: 2-3 (vs Martinenc (Away), Spanish Primera Catalana Grupo 2, 1st February 2014)
Top Goalscorer: 30 - Ernest
Most Assists: 19 - Xavi Sanchez
Highest Average Rating: 7.82 (30 apps) - Josep Manel Ayala
Fans Player of the Year: Josep Manel Ayala

View attachment 428482View attachment 428481

Andorra (National Team)

Year:
World Ranking: 186th

Cups: FIFA World Cup UEFA Qualifying Section Group 4
Final Position: 6th
Biggest Win: 2-0 (vs Kazakhstan (Away), Friendly, 15th November 2013)
Biggest Defeat: 0-6 (vs Romania (Away), FIFA World Cup UEFA Qualifying Section Group 4, 11th October 2013)
Top Goalscorer: 2 - Ildefons Lima
Most Assists: 3 - Marc Pujol
Highest Average Rating: 7.47 (3 apps) - Ferran Pol

View attachment 428480View attachment 428479View attachment 428478View attachment 428477

Last edited:
F.C. Andorra

Season:
2014-2015 (Season 2)

League: Tercera Division Grupo V - Cataluna
Final Position: 1st (Promoted through Promotion Playoffs)
Cups: n/a
Average Attendance: 666
Biggest Win: 7-0 (vs Europa (Home), Tercera Division Grupo V - Cataluna, 2nd May 2015)
Biggest Defeat: 0-2 (vs Figueres (Home), Tercera Division Grupo V - Cataluna, 13th December 2014)
Top Goalscorer: 37 - Javier Zubillaga
Most Assists: 18 - Xavi Sanchez
Highest Average Rating: 7.49 (45 apps) - Javier Zubillaga
Fans Player of the Year: Javier Zubillaga

View attachment 423854View attachment 423853

Andorra (National Team)

Year:
World Ranking: 201st

Cups: UEFA European Championship Qualification Group C
Final Position: n/a (Still in Progress)
Biggest Win: 4-1 (vs Gibraltar (Away), Friendly, 5th September 2014)
Biggest Defeat: 0-5 (vs Georgia (Away), UEFA European Championship Qualification Group C, 14th October 2014)
Top Goalscorer: 2 - Xavier Andorra
Most Assists: 1 - Marc
Highest Average Rating: 7.15 (4 apps) - Xavier Andorra

View attachment 423852View attachment 423851View attachment 423850