craiigman

Reaction score
So I made a BIG mistake. I let my Director of Football negotiate with Schurrle. I know I could have said no and negotiated myself and got a much better deal. But I had loads of money at the time and I guess Wenger went crazy..

DpgsvLr.png

So yeah. Now if he'd been playing amazing, I'd have been like "fine, £50M, forget the fee, we've got a great player." However..

vCg1PTH.png

He's playing like ****.

klSxmVt.png

Yeah it's that bad.

I can't work it out with him. Maybe because he's still new and settling in? But I've got Podolski and Mertesacker for friends :p But no I've had my focus on Team Cohesion since he arrived, I play him in IF (S)/ IF (A). His preferred position.

Here are the two formations I've tried with him:

oj4xL1Q.png
QIFJJPt.png

When I look at analysis he's just not involved really. Not many passes, his shooting is woeful at best. Heck had I signed him for £20M I'd be ******. But £50M for him and this is his return.. Not happy so far.

What can I do to improve his game?

Download FMRTE13. Swap him with Bernard or something, LOL :p

I would be more patient. He is not yet to settle and if I am not misstaken, he cant speak English

I would be more patient. He is not yet to settle and if I am not misstaken, he cant speak English

Hmm I guess. But that transfer fee! Maybe I should have gone for someone else lol

Will keep him for at least another season, he done a little better towards the end. Is there anyway to get him to learn English quicker/ blend with the squad quicker?

Weird thing is though, I keep getting that young CB Musacchio is struggling because of the language barrier, but he's averaged just under 7.5 all season. I guess maybe the transfer price is having an effect of Schurrle as well. Is that something that could happen?

Hmm I guess. But that transfer fee! Maybe I should have gone for someone else lol

Will keep him for at least another season, he done a little better towards the end. Is there anyway to get him to learn English quicker/ blend with the squad quicker?

Weird thing is though, I keep getting that young CB Musacchio is struggling because of the language barrier, but he's averaged just under 7.5 all season. I guess maybe the transfer price is having an effect of Schurrle as well. Is that something that could happen?

That will be down to that DCs get higher ratings in the game. I your AMR/L ges isolated due to not being gelled, not being able to use his anticipation, off the ball etc, he will get low ratings. Your DC on the other hand won't get isolated from the play as he is a DC so he is actually given the chance to use his skills ( heading, marking etc) and if scoring from corners, his ratings shoots from the roof.

Schurrle definitely takes time to settle, and his long range shooting can be troublesome, especially in a support role, so I would suggest helping him unlearn that.

But i've watched Schurrle (from an AML-IF-A position/role), absolutely dominate the PL. So its doable. just give him time.