Vaggi

Reaction score
Help choosing between Poli or Verrati for deep lying playmaker ..
I manage Dortmund.

i already got poli ( 25 years old now) and he quite solid.. averaging about 7.2 per season but he is not as much of a creative mc or scorer.. i got a decent offer for him about 30 milions from barca.. and i can get younger verratti (at the age of 22)that is more of an assist-machine and more attacking generally at the price of 12million.. (Content at playing in PSG so he is looking for a move..).
So what you people think ?

Last edited:
i'd sell Poli on if you're not that impressed with him, grab Verratti and take your 18m profit

i'd sell Poli on if you're not that impressed with him, grab Verratti and take your 18m profit

I was thinking the same thing ..but will Verratti come up and play superb on top lvl( champions league or rivalry matches vs bayern etc?- i am Dortmund..
Or will he be another decent player like Poli was the past 3-4 years ..
I really need an odd player that can make the difference in tough matches with a pass, an assist or an unpredictable goal) where Poli was just ok averaging 7.0-7.2 but never won me any top game with his ability ..

Last edited:
Poli is the man for me.
Maybe also Yohan Cabaye? not as much flair as Verratti but a little more solid.

I was thinking the same thing ..but will Verratti come up and play superb on top lvl( champions league or rivalry matches vs bayern etc?- i am Dortmund..
Or will he be another decent player like Poli was the past 3-4 years ..
I really need an odd player that can make the difference in tough matches with a pass, an assist or an unpredictable goal) where Poli was just ok averaging 7.0-7.2 but never won me any top game with his ability ..

Well Poli is definitely a player who can cut it at the top level but maybe not for your system..? I do rate Verratti higher than Poli and he certainly could win the match with an assist but really those aren't the players I would be looking to win the match for you. Think Xavi or Xabi Alonso or Pirlo or Lucas at Liverpool, they rarely rarely win a match in the last minute of a game, however they are the ones who control the match for your team, retaining possession, smart decisive passes, controlling tempo, and finally feeding the ball to the match winners. While all of those players do have match winning assists or sometimes wonder goals its the way the set up the whole match that makes them so valuable. Just like how for Dortmund in real life Sahin didn't really win them a lot of matches on his own but he set up Gotze or Lewandowski or the rest, and he continually recycled possession and found them over and over again letting them do the damage.

Short answer, yeah Verratti should do the business but he will still be confined to his role.

If you want a more match winning attacking central mid I would go for someone like Eriksen. Also Gotze or Gundogan should do incredibly at that (if you still have them??)

Well I do have gotze and gundogan.
Gotze is my main AML inside forward though while gundo is my starter in DLP position i search a good replacement as Verratti ..
So u suggest Verratti over Poli in DLP role ?
Also forgot to mention the other mc is BWM that is more defensive oriented ..

Well I do have gotze and gundogan.
Gotze is my main AML inside forward though while gundo is my starter in DLP position i search a good replacement as Verratti ..
So u suggest Verratti over Poli in DLP role ?
Also forgot to mention the other mc is BWM that is more defensive oriented ..

Reus on the right? what happened to Grosskreutz and blaszczykowski? they are pretty solid there.

if i were i would still try to move Poli and get Verratti to replace him. If you are intent on keeping Gotze on the left he can play there with Gundogan in the middle and Verratti and Bender (or whoeever) behind the front 4. if you want to move Gotze to the middle and find a winger I would look for a left footed RAM and swap Gundogan to the DLP role and Reus to LAM, then you wouldn't need Verratti unless you want him for depth.

Reus on the right? what happened to Grosskreutz and blaszczykowski? they are pretty solid there.

if i were i would still try to move Poli and get Verratti to replace him. If you are intent on keeping Gotze on the left he can play there with Gundogan in the middle and Verratti and Bender (or whoeever) behind the front 4. if you want to move Gotze to the middle and find a winger I would look for a left footed RAM and swap Gundogan to the DLP role and Reus to LAM, then you wouldn't need Verratti unless you want him for depth.
Oh mate thanks for your analysis !
Really appreciate it !
I have sold Grosskreutz and blaszczykowski already.
Well yes I have Reus on AMR inside forward and his replacement there is Leitner!
He is incredible there and has developed pretty good as winger. He is solid and helped a lot in tough matches as well.
on the left i play with gotze starter and as a substitute i have bought schurrle (right footed too with inside forward role ).

Totally I am pretty happy with my wingers!
So I guess I get Verratti after we agree on his role in my team over Poli hehe.
Playing him next to bender behind top 4 ! :)
Ofc he will play behind gundo in that spot until he develops enough.( still 22 currently in my save but with really good stats).
Maybe he can take gundo place in the near future we will see :p

Last edited:
IMO it would look best like this

----------Lewandowski-------
---Schurrle---Gotze---Reus---
------Gundogan---Bender-----

but it will still be great the way you run it! Leitner and Bittencourt are beasts as well though Leitner i think ends up better as a DLP and Bittencourt can play all 3 AM spots.

IMO it would look best like this

----------Lewandowski-------
---Schurrle---Gotze---Reus---
------Gundogan---Bender-----

but it will still be great the way you run it! Leitner and Bittencourt are beasts as well though Leitner i think ends up better as a DLP and Bittencourt can play all 3 AM spots.

Actually my team right now 4rth season in:
---------Fierro( sub: ademilson)-------
---Gotze (Schurrle)---Dzagoev(Bittencourt)---Reus(Leitner)---

------Gundogan(Verrati) ---Bender(Karra)-----
Defenders = Santon left(Shaw) , Corchia right (Zimmerman)
CBs: Hummels(Kirchhoff) , Zouma(Doria),
GK: Ter stegen(Areola)

That's it :p

PS: Had to sold Lewa and Subi too, to bring glory and cash to the team heh. ( Got almost 60m euros of them ..).

Last edited:
have a look to see how albin ekdal and dennis praet have devolped could be very good and save you alot of money and cheaper wages

have a look to see how albin ekdal and dennis praet have devolped could be very good and save you alot of money and cheaper wages

Sure thing mate .
Just checked them both haven't developed at the point Verrati is at the momment ..
Lower stats overall.So I stick with Verratti ;) thanks

Last edited:
Poli is more of a ball winning mid/box-to-box mid, he's not that creative, so if you want to use creative mid, Verratti is better option.

Poli is more of a ball winning mid/box-to-box mid, he's not that creative, so if you want to use creative mid, Verratti is better option.

Excactly what I thought !
:)