Andrea Poli

Ben

I am a biased ****.
Reaction score

2/3 months back I was watching Italy U-21's again Russia's U-21's. Not really taking much notice tbh, until I heard Alan Dzagoev's name. Switched my focus to the game and Andrea Poli (who I had not heard much about, obviously a bit from FM) was quality. He was Italy's focus and although he played just in-front of the defence, he controlled the game. His passing was something like 98.4%, many of them being long passes.

The media have taken notice of the young lad, who plays for Sampdoria, and it is no surprise Juventus, Inter and other top teams have scouted and inquired about him. He has been compared to both Andrea Pirlo and Xabi Alonso although I reckon he is more like Xavi, he does sit deeper though. He is still only 21 and Prandelli has been considering calling him up to Italy's senior squad.

Poli started his career at his hometown club, Treviso. Sampdoria completed a joint-ownership deal in 2007 after he had made only 4 appearances for Treviso. In the 2008/9 season he went to Serie B side, Sassuolo on loan for the season. There he got 32 games and scored 5 goals, he also won Sassuolo's player of the season award. He rejoined Sampdoria for the 2009/10 season and has since appeared 31 times for the Serie A club.

He has also played 13 times for Italy's under-21 team, scoring once.

After the 09/10 season it is reported at least 3 clubs made inquiries for the player (one of them being Juve) however Sampdoria rejected all offers as they see Poli as a key member of the team. Poli has said he would consider a move, Juve are thought to be the favourites to sign him however Poli has said he admires Steven Gerrard and would love to play in the same team as him.

Keep an eye out for him ;)

dont u mean until i heard poli`s name instead or dzagoev of was poli markin him

dont u mean until i heard poli`s name instead or dzagoev of was poli markin him

No, I had heard a lot about Dzagoev, and when the commentator mentioned him I started to take notice. Poli outshone Dzagoev though.

I've heard about Andrea Poli. Great prospect.

Obviously, I've only heard of him on FM, and not in real-life, but I know that he has alot of potential to reminisce, if not be better than Pirlo. Has been tracked by a number of clubs in the past and, if nurtured right, he should become a top player.

Think he should stay in Italy, generally with a European-vying club before he goes to bigger clubs, such as Juventus and Inter. There, he'll find it hard to break into the squad with the likes of Zanetti, Cambiasso and Stankovic playing deep, despite their average age.

Good player.

View attachment 111405

Just searched him on FM.

This is him from early 2019, playing for Spanish outfit Real Sociedad.

His creativity stats raaape.

Last edited:
Signed him on my Liverpool story, looks a good player