Augustin1979

Reaction score
Just wanted to share what I'm playing with as it gives me great results while trying to use a more wide style of play than what's been the case for most tactics in FM17. This won't be a super-elaborate OP, just wanted to share as it probably is the tactic I'm having the most fun with.

The formation is a pretty well known setup this year. My focus have been to try and involve my wide players more to get a lot of crosses in the box. (In one of my games with Man Utd I've been using Leon Bailey and Osmane Dembele as WB's)
One of the things I like best with this is that the WB's are playing like wingers, while the tactic still being defensively solid.

Screenshots are from my current game, 1st season. The tactic has not been tested on smaller clubs. This is also not my first savegame with this tactic, so I'm pretty confident this tactic really works(for bigger clubs at least)
My results so far this season. As you can see I've played a lot of friendlies in order to get the tactic fluid.

After the tactic is fluid I have def.positioning as default, but I change it to att. movements for my home games.

Individual training I use (not saying this is the best):

GK - Sweeper keeper
DC - Ball playing defender
WB - Complete wingback
DM - Half back (for promising young players I use Roaming playmaker DM, additional focus tackling)
MC - Roaming playmaker
AM - Shadow striker
ST - Complete forward

These are the OI's I use. Not really sure how important this is, but I'm still using them. NB: for every game I manually set "Closing Down" - "Always" on my opposition teams wide offensive players (Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet)

MORE INFO:

• This is a set of 3 tactics(attacking/standard/counter) I use Counter for hard away games or to hold on to a lead. Attacking is for home games where you are the clear favourite. FOr everything else I use the Standard version.
  • The DM should be a player with good passing, and attributes that would fit for a ball playing defender as his role is halfback. This means he will operate as a DC at times. (players I've used in this position: Matic, Ajer, Thiago Maia, Fosu-mensah)
  • As mentioned, if you want to you can get wingers and retrain them to WB(training: complete wingback)
  • As always, fast/pacey DC's are preferred
  • WBR takes corners from right side, WBL takes corners from left
  • Your MC with best long shot attributes should play at MCR
  • When one of my players get a yellow card, I change his PI to "ease off tackles"
  • That's it..... Will add more bulletpoints here if I have any more info.
DOWNLOAD:

Standard:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/y9l47d7xzb7785n/ANDURIL_STD_6792CC92-BBD1-4D70-A06A-CB6AE0DE7B25.fmf

Counter:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/56059ftb70mdbpu/ANDURIL_CNTR_E144AD02-E50E-442A-8E11-9B5550258128.fmf

Attacking:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/m3hlevvzl0d56kw/ANDURIL_ATT_980B0DA7-1B77-449A-805A-D665B9328283.fmf

Last edited:
OP updated with correct tactics. Accidentally uploaded tactics with wrong corner setup. Tactics and info about corner takers now correct.

Thanks for the share.
Your tactic seems to be solid, i'll give a test

Only a small sample size but in 10 games with this, 1st season as Man Utd I have won every game.

Loving this tactic. Works (as in I win pretty much every match) with every team ive tried it with so far. Will post screens

Will give it a go with Derby County, will post screens soon :)