Andy Burton Suspended for sexist comment.

Puddz

Reaction score
A third Sky Sports presenter was suspended today for making inappropriate marks about female football official Sian Massey.

Touchline reporter Andy Burton will take no part in the broadcaster's coverage of the Carling Cup semi-finals this week, according to reports.

And a third tape emerged showing Andy Gray making a sexist remark.

Suspended Andy Burton had joked that Miss Massey, 25, was a ‘bit of a looker’ before last Saturday’s game between Liverpool and Wolves

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-suspended-sexist-comments.html#ixzz1C3jWbcv6

This is getting rather silly now I think. He basically said she was good looking, and he gets suspended for it.

What do you all think?

I think that everyone is taking it all too seriously...

This whole thing is being blown out of proportion.

For saying 'She's a bit of a looker'?

For Christ sake.

To be fair, I would.

Better than saying she was a dog

Everything is being exaggerrated here, people need to calm down

Dunno if there was a previous topic on this. But the other two got suspended for saying (not on air, but still it was recorded) that people should explain the rules of offside to her and that it's called linesmen for a reason. I guess we need to get used to women in football. But i doubt they will ever get inside the lines in men-football.

At least the three sky presenters aren't showing pictures of here personal life to the public :S

Got to say she is a looker. Quite tidy. Anyway she did a god job and regardless of gender should be allowed to carry on with her job. Comments were tongue-in-cheek, lets move on.

P.S Karen Brady, purr.

Being taken way to seriously people should be aloud opinions.. its freedom of speech right?

just forget about the whole thing and carry on

was starting to snowball, now its fast becoming an avalanche

Everybody claimed about babel being treated unfairly XD If anything hes complimenting her ? I mean if I close my eyes and imagine a women lines"man" so to speak I would either imagine a very sexy female with the referee top painted on XD and if not a big brute of a russian warrior with a hairy mole on the face. People are just being stupid football is becoming a joke nowadays.

He hasn't been suspended, just stood down for the game tomorrow night.

Last edited:
This one is a bit silly. If he said something detrimental about her abilities because shes female, fair enough. But to say "she's a bit of a looker",is a wee bit OTT. Its part of everyday conversation for both males AND females, so why punish someone when they are commenting on someone who looks attractive,and is not questioning their abilities? This segment on the long running saga is def OTT

keys and grays comments were over the line i think but if complementing a female is sexist we are all screwed, i dont know what tone he said it in but prob on sky aswell i have heard the female presenters talking about footy players like that, at the moment there seems to be double standards.
women in football is somthing here to stay esp on the offcials side, as i said in a previous post i have no problems with that its only if we got mix genderd professional football that i would have a problem with it