GeorgeMiles6

Reaction score
Andy Carroll

hello, i have recently bought Andy Carroll for liverpool and i have to say he has been good,

but he has set up many goals but hasnt scored many :(

just wondering what is the best ways I can take advantage of his aerial ability, this might be quite obvious but everything i try there isnt any balls coming to him...

Thanks xx:)

Last edited:
Oh and his name is Andy Carroll not Carrol ;)

I would urge you to focus his training on finishing and composure, and he is not good as a lone striker , have him alongside someone , and do float crosses, and set him as primary target man, and ball to head.

For corners, do far post, and stick caroll on attack far post, on free kick do best header.

I have Carrol at Leicester and he asn't scored that many either, but has a lot of assists, whereas the season before he only had 1 assist and a lot of goals. I have a feeling it's down to him playing as a lone striker, I play him as part of a two-man strike-force with Simon ***, maybe if he was a lone striker he would bag more goals? Just my theory.

I would urge you to focus his training on finishing and composure, and he is not good as a lone striker , have him alongside someone , and do float crosses, and set him as primary target man, and ball to head.

For corners, do far post, and stick caroll on attack far post, on free kick do best header.

When I played him at Man City as a lone striker he was quality?

His stats are way off in FM11 it has to be said, and that is even before the data lock pre-season.

For a start his finishing is better than 13, probably 15. His technique is also better than a 13, as is his composure, and most definatley his work rate/team work is superior to most players. He's minimum of 18 in those areas. Also stamina could be higher, as could his decisions. Just watching his goals for newcastle and his general play last season informs these changes, not the fact that he has scored 8 goals in the league already.

If Carroll was playing in a team that had better midfielders/crossers/creative players, he'd be in Drogba territory within a few years, and he would score alot of goals.

thanks guys, will tell you what happens x

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

I have Carrol at Leicester and he asn't scored that many either, but has a lot of assists, whereas the season before he only had 1 assist and a lot of goals. I have a feeling it's down to him playing as a lone striker, I play him as part of a two-man strike-force with Simon ***, maybe if he was a lone striker he would bag more goals? Just my theory.

yeah maybe ahaha thanks