Anelka and Malouda unavailable?

Zidave

Reaction score
I am about to play my 4th pre-season friendly with Chelsea.
Anelka and Malouda are showing as being banned for 19 & 2 international matches respectively due to their World Cup exploits but are unavailable for me as Chelsea.
Their statuses are Suspended. WTF?

Is this a bug as it was not in the demo?!?

Probably a glitch, they were suspended by Laurent Blanc, but should still be available for Chelsea. Seems a bit odd.

I am about to play my 4th pre-season friendly with Chelsea.
Anelka and Malouda are showing as being banned for 19 & 2 international matches respectively due to their World Cup exploits but are unavailable for me as Chelsea.
Their statuses are Suspended. WTF?

Is this a bug as it was not in the demo?!?
do they have an international game just before your friendly? seems very strange :S

if you goto fixtures and click the info thing about your first league game. it should say team news? at the side of Chelsea it'll say if anyone will be injured or suspended then. I was having a nosey round the game and seen it at a scottish team and did that and they was suspended for international not league games.

if you goto fixtures and click the info thing about your first league game. it should say team news? at the side of Chelsea it'll say if anyone will be injured or suspended then. I was having a nosey round the game and seen it at a scottish team and did that and they was suspended for international not league games.

Yes mate checked that and they are not showing as suspended in team news or Squad status.
Only when you go to select the team for the match itself.
Must be a bug hopefully they will be available for competitive games otherwise will have to sell Anelka.

Same glitch for Arsenal except Diaby, Sagna, Clichy and Squillaci all have just the one, hopefully this will resolve itself after the first international break.

How can we fix this ?! Are important players for Chelsea and Arsenal, is not like we can ignore this...

yeh the band lifts after the first international game, as far as I can tell that is for everyone; not just those serving a one match ban. Basically (although still rather annoyingly) this only means that these players miss out on pre-season as the first international match is before any competitive club games (at least in England that is).

Yes I had them "available" for the charity shield totally unfit and needing match practice.
I thought Anelka was going to be unavailable for me for the 19 game ban at 1 point!
Cheers for the responses everyone!!

I edited the problem and is gone, at edit you go to the name of the player and at ban. You see there for Anelka 19 matches ban but no specificate for what, and you but in that first field "International" and there you go. Same for all players (Malouda...)...

I edited the problem and is gone, at edit you go to the name of the player and at ban. You see there for Anelka 19 matches ban but no specificate for what, and you but in that first field "International" and there you go. Same for all players (Malouda...)...
With a fix that simple I'm surprised the oversight was made in the first place.