Animated Images

beefster

Reaction score
What's the deal with animated images I tried to upload one as my profile pic, but it says I'm not authorised, do you need a certain rank to upload gifs as I see others have them?

i dont know the only thing i can think of is that maybe your gif was to big and may have slowed down other users internet. Other members gif pics are'nt anything massive hope im close to being right

This is the what I wanted to use it's only 35k so not massive. ;)

thats a good gif oh well if my theory of it being to big isnt right im all out of ideas

it is too big

Seans wide, max of 20kb

when I tryed to upload an animated avatar, it said they weren't aloud to be animated.

Gregor said:
it is too big

Seans wide, max of 20kb

for profile pic it should work

"Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 400 by 200 pixels or 640.0 KB (whichever is smaller)"

so mine should work. :(

well im glad i was right. does it really matter all that much i like your pic at the moment. personally i dont like moving pics like gregors but then agains gregors pic would make more sense if i knew who the man in it was

Karl Pilkington is a ledge but that avatar is ******* annoying.

Animated Avatars are now allowed for regular members and the file size is now 200kb.

Happy?

Does this mean i can have my avatar?.....

34804402677.gif

Redders said:
Does this mean i can have my avatar?.....

34804402677.gif

If you want to look like an idiot, then yes :p

Sean said:
Animated Avatars are now allowed for regular members and the file size is now 200kb.

Happy?
What is a "regular member"?

People who arn't Admins or Moderators :)

Sean said:

Happy?

I was never not happy, I was just wondering about it, thanks though. ;)