Druggan

Reaction score
Hey FM-Base, and welcome to the story with 3 A's for a title ;).

The team chosen is Annan Athletic as the title says from the Scottish Third Division. My overall aims is just to get them into the Premier League and I'm not too bothered how long this takes.

Basically, I have done quite a few stories in my time here mostly from FM 09 however never actually done one from FM 10. This is also the first time that I will be taking the challenge of a Scottish 3rd division team on FM 10 not all together.

So in this first post I have included 5 screenshots one shows the aim that I have chosen which is Consolidation just incase my first season attempt doesn't go well so I don't get sacked if I'm like 7th place ;).

The second is my best player which is David ***. And the others is my Custom made Tactic which I made for this game and I just wanna see how it goes, if it works well I'll upload it up on this site. Another two screenies have been included just to show you guys some of the training schedules I have made I also made some special ones that I like to put some players into for like 1 month every say 5 months, it's basically just intensive set peice, or shooting just for say.

I promise the rest of the posts will not have this much lengthy detail! lols sorry just thought I would get everything out of the way ASAP.

Good luck mate.Try and get players on loan from SPL teams like Tom Hateley from Motherwell

Mon the 'Well!!!!!!!

END OF PRE-SEASON UPDATE

I made 4 signings of my own during this time and it is the only 4 that I will make due to my lack of funds and the fact that I am now happy with my line-up.
(There was one more signing from my new parent club Kilmarnock)

I have a feeder club now Threave Rovers. I loaned out Alan Inglis to them because he is useless.

Signings:

Ross Hepburn - A speedy striker at this level who used to play for Celtic, funnily enough I signed this player for Annan Athletic in my FM 09 story and he turned out to be an incredible signing if anyone who followed that story can remember.

John Maisano - He is actually a really good player, very happy with this signing.

David Worrell - I needed a good right back and he fits the bill well.

Gerry McLauchlan - A good young centre back which I wanted because he is strong and good in the air at this level.

Gavin Brown - The player sent on loan from Kilmarnock doesn't impress me and I probably wont use him at all...

Pre-Season Fixtures:

Annan Athletic V Portadown: 5 : 0 (Muirhead, Hepburn, Jardine, Storey and Spence)

Annan Athletic V Newry: 4 : 3 (***, L. Sloan, Hepburn, Bell)

Annan Athletic V Newcastle United: 2 : 5 (Story, Muir)

The Newcastle United match made me £20,000 from the fixture so I was happy enough to take this heavy defeat and was very happy that we actually scored.

All screenshots at the bottom of this post.

Good luck mate.Try and get players on loan from SPL teams like Tom Hateley from Motherwell

Mon the 'Well!!!!!!!

Thanks for the good luck, but I have no chance of getting Hateley :p I might be getting Luca Santonocito on loan though, who would be great.

Good luck mate, will follow :D

Thanks mate, hope you enjoy

Good luck, scottish lower league always appealed to me

Good luck with this one...some tips that have taken my Edionburgh Uni side to the brink of the SPL:

James Keatings (Celtic) loan - striker will get 15-20 goals in lower leagues
Mark Whatley (Raith) loan - Solid CM
Emilio Bottiglieri - LB (Free)
Luca Santonocito (Celtic) loan - Quality player at LM or CM
Greg Ross (Dunfermline) - could try to get him on loan but get him on a free at the end of season one (pre contract in Jan 2010), he is top notch at RB or RM in the second or third division

Also - Maisano and McLauchlan who you have already signed will be absolute stars in that league, I had them both previously in my team

- - August Update - -

I made one last addition to my Annan squad in Goalkeeper Neil Duffy for free he is a lot better than my two current goalkeepers.

I'm very happy with the performance of my team over August.

- - Results - -

Inverness Caledonian Thistle V Annan Athletic: 4 : 3 (Jack, ***, MacBeth)
Was really impressed with this performance because they destroyed us at the beginning 4 : 0 up and we came right back, just couldn't get the equaliser.

Annan Athletic V Stranraer: 3 : 0 (Hepburn, ***, Townsley)
Very Happy, all that has to be said.

Annan Athletic V Albion Rovers: 1 : 1 (Hepburn)
Won 4 : 2 in penalties! woop woop.

East Stirlingshire V Annan Athletic: 1 : 0
They were the best team, plain and simple.

Annan Athletic V Forfar Athletic: 3 : 1 (Jack, Hepburn, Nielson)
Nielson scored an absolute screamer from the edge of the box.

Elgin City V Annan Athletic: 1 : 3 (***, Jack, Hepburn)
Was really happy with this performance and as you can see Hepburn is a recurring name on the goal scoring field!

I'm second in the league as shown in the screenshot, very happy, Livingston I expect to finish in top spot, I would be happy in the top 5 nevermind in 2nd by the end of the season.

EDIT: I won in penalties against Albion Rovers and I forgot to include that Fixture! lols

Last edited:
- - September Update - -

Done well winning 3 out of 4 games.

Results:

Annan Athletic V Albion Rovers: 2 : 1 (Jack, ***)
Didn't play too badly, Jack was good.

Annan Athletic V Livingston: 0 : 1 League Challenge Cup
Was quite downhearted because we defended really well and stopped them from countering all the way through the game but a corner and Stevie Tosh just had to go in unfortunately.

Berwick Rangers V Annan Athletic: 1 : 4 ( Hepburn X2, Maisano, McLauchlin)
Loved this results because Berwick are our rivals and we destroyed them...

Queens Park V Annan Athletic: 1 : 2 (Hepburn X2)

Hepburn is in extreme goalscoring form, have provided a screenshot of the player stats for our league, Hepburn is top goalscorer.
Interestingly we also have the top tackler although our defensive record isn't the best for our league position.

we also have player of the month for last month and this month with screenshots below.