selene72

Reaction score
Heya,

i just have a couple of questions about this game.

Im kinda new to the game, so here some things i would like to know. These are more of the things that frustrate me in this game.

1. The Repetition

So my second manager starts in Sparta Prague (i aim to get to the top clubs) the season is fine i win qualify for champs and so on. The problem starts later, i get some money sign some players win in friendlies but when the season starts my team just sucks. I mean really sucks, just draws and loses, not even talking bout champ qualifiers.
This is ok, so they are outta form maybe im doin something wrong so i resign when i get offer from Zenit.
Zenit has a lot of money, good team but after some 6 rounds, finds itself at lower mid of table. At the end of the season i manage to make it to the second place. Then again i get some money, buy players, wind friendlies aaaaand when the season comes i cant win sh*t. The teams i used to beat 4-0 or so now draw with me or win. So i am like well not again, maybe im doin something bad, so i resign.
I get offer from AS Roma.
They have no money they are 16th after 6 rounds and this s where i start. Again i manage to get them to a very nice 4th place, get money, buy some players, win friendlies aaaaand boooom. And i am like "again" ? I never buy a lot of new players just 2 max 3 and i dont put them in main 11 insta. So i am like well ok. I apply for Arsenal and well i get the gig.
Same thing all over again bla,bla,bla,bla,bla win Premier, win FA (arsenal was not even in EURO cup so nothing there). Get some money just buy one def back aaaaaand boooom. Again.
I mean this really makes my wonder if the game is trying to simulate some Ups and Downs in football. I understand this but its aaaaaall the same every league. I am in superb form for the season and then just drop to zero. I mean i won over United in the community shield 3:1 and three weeks later in the season i lose 4:1 and then start losing everything, draw with leicaster and loose to norwich.
Does anybody else have this kind of problem? It really makes me wanna quit the game.

2. The Repetition

Oh yeah, right. Every season is the same. Every season when i get to the top of the league at some point the second team goes on heavenly winning streak just to make my game a bit harder. And sometimes its really ridiculous. I mean in russian premier league it was some underdog team who maneged to get to second place in the mid season and then just didnt lose ANYTHING. 20 games straight. It was always Plzen for Prague, This team in Russia and Liverpool in England. Always, they just pick up this superform and dont EVER lose.

3. The Matches

How often did you win/lose 1:0 ? This is possibly the most common result in football but in this game its like one time in the whole season. Also 0:0 seems almost impossible. And what is wrong with the shots on target. I mean my avg shots on target is like 20 in match (just my team)- (kinda lot huh?). And my avg score is somewhere close to 3:1. Superman goalkeepers? Also what i learned in this game is that one on one the goalkeeper wins 90% of time.

There are many more issues but i think this is enough. I just want to know if anybody is having similar problems.

Without going through each point ....yes at times I could agree.

I think all your doing is not changing your tactics. You seem to do well so it's worth just adjust what you have.

If you only buy a few players it's not a squad issue but some FMers say the game gets used to your tactics. So just tweak them to keep it guessing without re-building your squad.

It is practice in taking a squad year after year. Again other Fmers say that it's hard to keep at a club for loads of seasons and keep winning

tell me about it, ill give you a situation that I was in with my arsenal save, it was near the end of the the season ( about 30 league games in and I was top by like 12 points ) suddenly I loose like the next 5 league games and man utd overtake me and then last game of sewaon I lost to wigan 3.1 and ended up coming 3rd !

anyway, the champions league final against bayern munich and I was winning 2-0 and in the last 5 minutes we decided to concede 3 goals when we were controlling the match!

tbh I just think fm dont like certain people!

Without going through each point ....yes at times I could agree.

I think all your doing is not changing your tactics. You seem to do well so it's worth just adjust what you have.

If you only buy a few players it's not a squad issue but some FMers say the game gets used to your tactics. So just tweak them to keep it guessing without re-building your squad.

It is practice in taking a squad year after year. Again other Fmers say that it's hard to keep at a club for loads of seasons and keep winning

tbh mate i know i posted but i cant make tactics, im just no good so i will try to tweak tactics and see if it makes me a better fmer

I have been playing it 3 years. It's only the last year I have tried to make tactics. Download some and tweak from there.

I have been playing it 3 years. It's only the last year I have tried to make tactics. Download some and tweak from there.

well I´ve always been doin my own tactics. I never scout the net for this things like training, wonderkids, tactics, transfers and so on.
Its like playing call of duty where you only reload and let the others do everything else. If i know who to sign, what should i train, which tacticts to employ then well.... everything has been decided for me and did nothing :D

Back to the topic now again.... i tried to stay with Arsenal, 8th round - Huddersfield (last team 2draws 6loses) wins against me 2:0. This is not even close to reallity. I tried, just to see where the catch is, setitng my reserves team against them and i lost again 2:0. ITs not even about form, it feels like the matches are mostly decided .

Carlos Fierro is a legend player can be signed for 1.3 million and he's a wonderkid who will scores for fun. Don't worry about his rubbish stats...Give him play time and he'll be unstoppable!

You could try and do 4-2-3-1 tatic wingers or inside forward with a duty to attack. Your striker could be poacher...Make sure your striker got a good stats of Pace and Acceleration.
Your midfielders have lots of different roles, if you want to find out what their best role are. All you need to do is, click your player then report then on your left screen, your assistant manager will tell you what role suit them best :)

I hope I helped you bit!