Status
Not open for further replies.

Death Ball

Reaction score
Just as in FM05 I always conceded a goal when I was thinking on making subs or tactical changes, just thought it, it could be a case of rotten luck. But there's something that is starting to get to my nerves. And more so than lately every opponent fields a striker that checks.

95% times the preview says the opposition player X is on a goal drought, he scores. I'm in a point I'm in the verge of taking the <10% that my striker on goal drought scores roll to determine if I'll allow him to score and start reloading until he doesn't (regardless of winning or losing, mind you). A goal drought should be an indicator of player in low form, not in beast mode, damnit. When it's my player, the chances seem to be around <10%.

Conversely, 95% of the times the preview says a goalkeeper (this time it happens both ways) is on a clear sheet run that team concedes at least a goal.

Are those events something that you guys are finding too or it's just that my luck is rotten in that regard?.

Just as in FM05 I always conceded a goal when I was thinking on making subs or tactical changes, just thought it, it could be a case of rotten luck. But there's something that is starting to get to my nerves. And more so than lately every opponent fields a striker that checks.

95% times the preview says the opposition player X is on a goal drought, he scores. I'm in a point I'm in the verge of taking the <10% that my striker on goal drought scores roll to determine if I'll allow him to score and start reloading until he doesn't (regardless of winning or losing, mind you). A goal drought should be an indicator of player in low form, not in beast mode, damnit. When it's my player, the chances seem to be around <10%.

Conversely, 95% of the times the preview says a goalkeeper (this time it happens both ways) is on a clear sheet run that team concedes at least a goal.

Are those events something that you guys are finding too or it's just that my luck is rotten in that regard?.

1.) to me, it seems like you get punished for waiting just those few minutes too long to make your subs, changes in strategy.

2.) Well, if a striker is scoring against you, he is either on goal drought or he is not. Just think about all those times players score against you WITHOUT that message coming up. I also think that it's not actually 95 % of the time those players score against you.

So, I would say that it's selective memory along with some poor luck.

I feel you.

Since FM09 I seem to have terrible luck with conceding wonder goals and goals of the season.

Just 2 days ago my goalkeeper let in a free kick from the half way line.

Yea, the game should be called 'rotten luck' stinky match engine Football Manager 2013.
Last poxy game I had was at home Vs Man Utd, 6 mins in they score 2 mins later evra sent off, 20 mins later they score again.
Their goals where some pinball ping-pong bounce off three players several ricochets later own goal type ****, their players pounce on the most unlickly of chances move faster than I've ever seen players move in FM13 and score 2 goals from 3 shots at goal.

ROTTEN GAME.

(we drew 2-2 by scoring in the 90th minute and again in the 92nd) happy with the score line but the game was B/S

As membes just could not keep on topic, this thread has turned into a frustration/the game sucks thread. Next time, just keep on topic and people can actually get help.

Thread closed as it will just escalate from here. Just use the pinned frustration thread .If the game is all bad as you make it out to be, I really don't see why you still keep playing it.

( post NOT directed towards you Death Ball)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.