Another Emulation of Sir Alex Ferguson!

AldoKemp-1

Reaction score
*Made a mistake on SAF d.o.b and forgot to change day from 11th to 31st*

After reading W4NKERS story of Emulating Sir Alex Ferguson I had decided I was going to start my own emulation of the genius who is Sir Alex. Recently I've found it hard to stick in at a game and motivate myself to play it, especially with a 6 month old kid keeping me busy I don't always get time to play so I will update as much as possible but be patient please. I will be doing it in 6 monthly updates rather than the constant month to month updates which I don't have time for anyway, Hopefully people will like my seasons ahead and give me feedback and any help/ideas they wish to offer.SO the obvious rules apply I cannot accept any job offers no matter how tempting other than, St Mirren, Aberdeen, Scotland & Manchester United.

During each update I will provide screenshots of the League Table, Game Status, Fixture List & Player Ratings. The tactics I am using are downloaded and not created by myself, The tactic is a 4-1-2-3 which I am hoping will bring me much success. I also have Raikan007's Perfect 443 in back up as well as a 4-1-4-1 formation.

I have made my manager SAF obviously, With a professional footballer reputation, Let the journey begin...

East Stirlingshire

So the first stage has begun, and after many rejected loan signings, I had aquired my players for the season and hopefully one of my future clubs (Aberdeen) as a parent club to bring in players on loan for the following seasons I hope. The team are tipped for 10th bottom of the third division, The team has an average Age of 20 years old so a fairly young team to nurture and make my own.

6 Transfers In: - Tommy Tejan-Sie, Jake Inglis, Simon Dunne, Tommy Amos, Stephen Stirling & Fergus Bell. (All Free Transfers)

Challenge Cup 1st Round
East Stirlingshire 3 - 0 Clyde - T.Amos(3)

League Cup 1st Round
East Stirlingshire 3 - 1 Queen of the South - T.Amos, F.Bell(2)
Annan 0 - 1 East Stirling - D.Gibson

Challenge Cup 2nd Round
Arbroath 4 - 2 East Stirling - Gibson,Gillespie

East Stirling 4 - 0 Peterhead - Gibson(2),Bell,Sheerin

East Stirling 2 - 0 Clyde - Frances,Gibson

League Cup 2nd Round
Kilmarnock 2 - 3 East Stirling - Gibson,Amos,Sheerin

Berwick 0 - 3 East Stirling - Frances,Bell,Thomson(Og)

East Stirling 3 - 0 Alloa - Amos(2),Bell

Elgin 4 - 0 East Stirling

Stranraer 3 - 0 East Stirling

League Cup 3rd Round
Rangers 3 - 2 East Stirling - AET - Amos(2)

Queens Park 1 - 1 East Stirling - Amos

East Stirling 2 - 1 Annan - Bell,Gillespie

Scottish Cup 2nd Round
Kelso Utd 0 - 2 East Stirling - Horner, Lurinsky

East Stirling 1 - 0 Montrose - Frances

Peterhead 1 - 0 East Stirling

Clyde 2 - 0 East Stirling

Airdrie Utd 2 - 0 East Stirling

East Stirling 4 - 0 Berwick - Gibson(2),Lurinsky, Tejan-Sie

Alloa 0 - 6 East Stirling - Gibson(4),Chisolm, Doyle(Og)

East Stirling 2 - 2 Elgin City - Bell,Gibson

East Stirling 1 - 0 Queens Park - Parry(Og)

Stranraer 1 - 4 East Stirling - Horner, Gibson,Canning(Og),Amos

Montrose 2 - 7 East Stirling - Gibson(4),Lurinsky,Horner(2)

New Year Review: The team started off tipped 10th in the 3rd division, Alex Ferguson took over bringing in 6 players on free transfers and implemented an attacking style to defy the media and reach at most mid table. Come January East Stirling sit top of the league 6 points clear!

Having caused a number of upsets in the cups by beating Queen of the South and Kilmarnock before losing to Rangers at Ibrox 3-2 after extra time losing a 90th min goal to take the tie into extra time. East Stirling had to play the remainder of extra time with 9 men due to a red card and injury, Whilst Rangers played part of the game with 10 men also.

Highlights so far: Beating Kilmarnock, Playing & Almost beating Rangers, Beating Rivals Alloa 6-0 at their ground & beating Montrose 7-2 at their ground also.

Last edited:
The second half of the season

Transfers In:
Jordan Collins(Free), Jack Neagle(Free), Jordan Brown(Free), Keenan Gracey(Free)

Annan 0 - 2 East Stirling - Amos, O'Connell

East Stirling 3 - 0 Peterhead - Gibson(2), Horner

East Stirling 2 - 0 Clyde - Gibson(2)

Berwick 2 - 2 East Stirling - Gibson, Tejan-Sie

East Stirling 2 - 1 Alloa - Gibson(2)

Elgin 0 - 2 East Stirling - Gibson, Stirling

Queens Park 0 - 4 East Stirling - Amos, Sheerin, Gibson(2)

East Stirling 3 - 0 Stranraer - Gibson(2), Canning(Og)

East Stirling 3 - 2 Montrose - Gibson(3)

East Stirling 1 - 1 Annan - Horner
*Playoff place secured*

Peterhead 3 - 0 East Stirling

Clyde 1 - 6 East Stirling - Gibson(5), Amos

East Stirling 1 - 1 Berwick - Amos

East Stirling Crowned Third Division Champions.

East Stirling 3 - 1 Elgin City - Amos, Bell, Gibson

Alloa 1 - 1 East Stirling - Gibson

Stranraer 5 - 2 East Stirling - Devlin, Stirling

East Stirling 0 - 0 Queens Park

Montrose 2 - 4 East Stirling - Bell, Gibson(3)

Media Prediction: 10th
Final Position: 1st
Challenge Cup: Lost 2-4 Vs Arbroath 2nd round
League Cup: Lost 2-3 Vs Rangers 3rd Round
Scottish Cup: Lost 0-2 Vs Airdrie 3rd round
Manager of the year: Alex Ferguson
Player of the year: Dominico Gibson
Top Goalscorer: Dominico Gibson (41)

Ferguson: "I'm absolutely delighted and shocked, I knew I would defy the media in finishing above 10th but to actually win the league and be promoted is fantastic, The squad average age is 20 and we stormed the league with ease earning some massive wins on the way. Alot of the credit is heading towards Dominico Gibson and rightly so however although the whole team deserves credit in their own way as we couldn't have done it without everyone I believe Stephen Stirling deserves some standout applause as he was the architect in many of the goals scored. I am looking forward to the new season pressing on in the 2nd division were im confident we can compete after some performances against 2nd,1st and SPL teams this season."

Unfortunately for me St Mirren & Man Utd done well so their jobs are safe, Aberdeen's manager Craig Brown was under pressure for a while but has survived in the mean time, So I will be sticking with East Stirling for the mean time hopefully bringing more glory to the club. I was linked with the dunfermline job but nothing came of it but its good to know i'm being noticed so lets see what happens next season...
please like/comment if you are enjoying the season or following thanks.

cheers, really didn't expect it. expecting more 2nd season so probably get hammered lol.

won't be an update for a few days, back at work so playing fm is minimal only playing like 5 games a night if even that but I will get one done asap.

Update should be on tomorrow made some good progress tonight.

Season 2, Division 2

The new season is beginning and the 2nd division is where East Stirling are after an unexpected promotion in the first season under rookie manager Alex Ferguson who led his team to an incredible feat and some thrilling matches. Ferguson determined to stay up in the 2nd division brought in 10 players on free transfers whilst losing 7 on frees not including loan signings.

Transfers In: David Gold, Rhys Devlin, Nikki Ahamed, James Comley, Charlie Reece, Jordan Elfverson, Pierre-Antoine Martini, Greg Hartley, Ross McKinnon & Gordon ****.

Transfers Out: Simon Dunne, Alex Lurinsky, Jordan Collins, Steven Jackson, Craig Scott, Andrew Gibson, Jake Fitzgerald.

"I'm pleased with the players I have got including Rhys Devlin who was on loan and had a fantastic season with us last season so to bring him as our own player is good news, Some other players have played against us whilst my scouts have brought the rest to me and I trust and am delighted with the progress so far." Statement from Ferguson.

Challenge Cup 1st Round

Stirling 4 - 1 East Stirling - Brown

League Cup 1st Round
East Stirling 3 - 2 Ayr - Chisolm, Elfverson(2)

Albion Rovers 2 - 2 East Stirling - Gibson, Elfverson

East Stirling 0 - 0 East Fife - Gibson(SO)

Cowdenbeath 0 - 2 East Stirling - Elfverson(2)

Scottish League Cup 2nd Round
Inverness 3 - 1 East Stirling - Tuffey(Og)

East Stirling 4 - 3 Dumbarton - Devlin, Elfverson(2), Gibson

Stenhousemuir 2 - 3 East Stirling - Comley, Gibson, Elfverson

East Stirling 5 - 1 Airdrie Utd - Elfverson, Comley, Frances, Gibson, Amos

*Elfverson Sent off 40mins*

Forfar 1 - 0 East Stirling

*First Defeat in 7 Games*

East Stirling 3 - 0 Stirling - Gibson, Bell, Comley

East Stirling 3 - 1 Albion Rovers - Elfverson, Chisolm(2)

Ayr 1 - 2 East Stirling - Elfverson(2)

*East Stirling to play Brechin away in Scottish Cup 3rd round*

East Fife 1 - 1 East Stirling - Elfverson

East Stirling 5 - 3 Cowdenbeath - Gibson(3), Bell(2)

Dumbarton 0 - 5 East Stirling - Gibson(3), Elfverson(2)

East Stirling 3 - 1 Stenhousemuir - Gibson, Stirling, Bell

Airdrie Utd 1 - 1 East Stirling - Stallard(Og)

Scottish Cup 3rd Round
Brechin 1 - 3 East Stirling - Bell, Elfverson(2)

*Drawn to Falkirk in 4th Round*

East Stirling 2 - 0 Forfar - Bell, Elfverson

East Stirling 1 - 0 Ayr - Chisolm

Stirling 0 - 1 East Stirling - Elfverson

Albion Rovers 0 - 2 East Stirling - Elfverson(2)

East Stirling 0 - 2 East Fife

Cowdenbeath 2 - 1 East Stirling - Gibson

Things were looking good, Just promoted to division 2 and sitting top of the league at the new year. Unfortunatey out of the challenge cup which Buckie Thistle won! and also out of the league cup with a defeat against Inverness. St Mirren and Aberdeen are both slipping up and the Aberdeen managers job is currently under pressure and St Mirren had sacked their manager and I applied for the job however after St Mirren being flattered by my interest they chose Stuart McCall to take over instead leaving me quite annoyed. Looks like i'll need to try with Aberdeen if their man gets sacked. (See Pictures)

"Obviously the St Mirren job is a bigger job and one I would have liked to take on in my career however it was not to be and I will continue my time here in the shire as I am thoroughly enjoying iy here anyway, I would like to thank the fans for understanding why I wanted the St Mirren job as it was a chance in the SPL."

January 2013 - 2nd half of the season.

Transfers In: Bob Malcolm (Free), Jake Cassidy (Free)

After the news of St Mirren hiring McCall I got my head down and carried on with my job, We had lost 2 in a row so I had to turn things around and battle for the promotion we weren't planning to battle for. The players had accepted my job application and were all glad I stayed and are now determined to move this club further up the ladder in scottish football.

East Stirling 2 - 0 Dumbarton - Stirling, Chisolm

Scottish Cup 4th Round
Falkirk 1 - 0 East Stirling

Stenhousemuir 0 - 5 East Stirling - Elfverson(2), Gibson(2), Chisolm

Forfar 1 - 3 East Stirling - Chisolm(2), Elfverson

*McKinnon Sent Off*

*Wellington (Forfar) Sent Off*

East Stirling 2 - 1 Airdrie Utd - Elfverson(2)

East Stirling 1 - 2 Stirling - Nugent(Og)

Ayr 3 - 2 East Stirling - Gibson(2)

East Stirling 2 - 0 Albion Rovers - Elfverson, Comley

East Fife 2 - 3 East Stirling - Elfverson(2), Chisolm

East Stirling 1 - 1 Cowdenbeath - Elfverson

*East Stirling secure play-off spot*

Dumbarton 1 - 3 East Stirling - Elfverson(3)

Stenhousemuir 0 - 2 East Stirling - Chisolm, Amos

*East Stirling Crowned Division League 2 Champions*

Airdrie Utd 2 - 2 East Stirling - Bell, White

East Stirling 2 - 1 Forfar - Elfverson, Murray(Og)

Stirling 1 - 1 East Stirling - Allison(Og)

East Stirling 1 - 0 Ayr - Gibson

Division two ends as Ferguson leads East Stirling to back to back promotions taking the club to the 1st division losing only 5 matches during the entire season, Ferguson failed to get the St Mirren job and has recently declared interest in the Aberdeen job and is hopeful of being an SPL manager next season if not will be taking on the 1st division with his young and talented squad.

"The lads, board and fans understand I'm ambitious, My ambition have taking us this far with 2 league titles and back to back promotions unexpectedly. I am commited to East Stirling but if a bigger job comes available I would strongly consider it and like to test myself at a new level." Statement from Ferguson.

League Position: 1st Place

Challenge Cup: Lost 4-1 Vs Stirling in 1st round

League Cup: Lost 3-1 Vs Inverness in 2nd Round

Scottish Cup: Lost 1-0 Vs Falkirk in 4th Round

Awards

Division 2 Player of the Year: Jordan Elfverson (East Stirling)

Division 2 Manager of the Year: Alex Ferguson (East Stirling)

Alex Ferguson Announced as Aberdeen Manager

23 Months in charge of East Stirling have come to an end leaving on a high after back to back promotions, Aberdeen finished 11th in the SPL and Ferguson will be looking to restore the clubs confidence and reputation. Ferguson apologised to East Stirling and thanked everyone involved at the club for their support and help and wished them all the success in the future.

Alex Ferguson Career:

East Stirling: 2011-2013
Aberdeen: 2013-Current

You skipped over St. Mirren?

Im not copying his exact career i'm trying to emulate his success, however only allowed to go teams he has managed, I don't need to go St Mirren, or take over Scotland at anypoint it just depends where the save takes me within the jobs he has been in.

tricky task ahead with no money with Aberdeen, Is anyone actually following ?

Season 3, Job 2

Aberdeen

The task at Aberdeen was the biggest and by far trickiest for Ferguson, Walking out of a job a hero with little pressure into a job with pressure to perform and a depleted squad with very little funds to build this task was surely going to be a tough one to ensure safety in the SPL and any chance of a challenge for the top half seems doubtful as the situation stands. Ferguson has never paid for a player in East Stirling and it looks like he will be looking for more free and loan players this season as Aberdeen are struggling with debt.​

"Aberdeen are a great club, Yes at the moment are struggling and will most likely continue to struggle until the funds improve. I have confidence in my ability and will hopefully make this club great again" - Ferguson

Transfers In: Jak Alnwick (Loan), Mehdi Abeid (Loan), Mats Daehli (Loan), Derek Soutar (Free), Stewart Murdoch (Free), Alberto Massacci (Free), Sean McGinty (Free), Charni Ekangamene (Free), Steef Nieuwendaal (Free)

Transfers Out: Seid Khiter (150k), Langfield, Mackie, Osbourne & many others all on free transfers.

"The pre-season games went well giving the team a chance to get used to my style of play and to gel together with the new boys. If we are to be Successful we need to all work together and prove we can be successful with very little money." - Fergusons Pre-match Statement.

St Mirren 3 - 0 Aberdeen​

Aberdeen 5 - 0 Dunfermline - Vernon, Chalali(2), Fyvie, Megginson​

Motherwell 1 - 1 Aberdeen - Megginson​

Aberdeen 3 - 2 Ross County - Vernon, Megginson(2)​

Hibernian 3 - 1 Aberdeen - Fyvie​

Scottish League Cup 2nd Round​

Airdrie Utd 0 - 3 Aberdeen - Vernon(2), Megginson​

*Joshua King joins Aberdeen for free*​

Aberdeen 0 - 5 Rangers​

Aberdeen 5 - 1 Dundee Utd - Chalali(4), Fallon​

Kilmarnock 3 - 3 Aberdeen - Chalil(2), Abeid

Scottish League Cup 3rd Round​

Hibernian 2 - 3 Aberdeen - Shaughnessy, Vernon(2)​

Hearts 1 - 4 Aberdeen - Vernon(Pen)(2), Hughes, Chalali

Aberdeen 1 - 2 Inverness - Chalali​

Aberdeen 2 - 4 Celtic - Chalali(2)

Aberdeen 2 - 1 St Mirren - Shaughnessy, Megginson​

Scottish League Cup Qtr Final​

Aberdeen 3 - 1 Falkirk - Turnbull(Og), Megginson, Shaughnessy​

Dunfermline 2 - 2 Aberdeen - Chalali(2)​

Aberdeen 3 - 0 Motherwell - Chalali(3)​

Ross County 1 - 2 Aberdeen - Abeid, Chalali

Aberdeen 2 - 0 Hibernian - Bakx, Vernon

Rangers 4 - 2 Aberdeen - Chalali(2)​

Dundee United 0 - 2 Aberdeen - Chalali, Bakx​

Aberdeen 0 - 0 Kilmarnock​

Inverness 1 - 5 Aberdeen - Vernon(2), Bakx(2), Megginson​

Aberdeen 0 - 1 Hearts

Season Review: So far so good in the new job, I knew I wouldn't have walked in and got the team challenging for the league straight away but we aren't that far off it. 2 or 3 seasons and I could see it being possible depending on the funds, The next aim is get as far as possible in the cups and attempt a european place also trying to beat one of the old firms as we haven't had any luck against them yet.

"I'm very pwoud of the lads so far, The fund Rangers and Celtic have are a million miles away from us and were only 13 points of that with a team full of free players. I won't get ahead of myself yet but the second half of the season will be an interesting one" - Ferguson.

Just wondering do people think I should continue the emulation of trying to jump from Aberdeen to Man Utd, Or just play and take any better jobs offered to me..

Wait for Old Trafford. The best part of mine was actually being in charge of Aberdeen - much more of a challenge

Season 2013-2014 Part II

Bringing in Ryan Taylor was one of the best things to do in the transfer window, A Right back was needed as the defence loses alot of goals. Another free transfer but one that will improve the squad with alot of experience.

Scottish Cup 4th round
Dumbarton 1 - 6 Aberdeen - King(3), Vernon(2), Anderson

Celtic 2 - 1 Aberdeen - King

St Mirren 1 - 5 Aberdeen - Chalali, King(3), Vernon

Aberdeen 6 - 1 Dunfermline - King (6)

Aberdeen 2 - 0 Ross County - King, Chalali

Scottish League Cup Semi-Final
Aberdeen 2 - 1 Kilmarnock - Chalali(2)

Scottish Cup 5th Round
Aberdeen 1 - 1 St Johnstone - Mackay(Og)

Scottish Cup 5th Round Replay
St Johnstone 0 - 2 Aberdeen - Chalali, Abeid

Motherwell 1 - 3 Aberdeen - King(2), Chalali

Hibernian 1 - 1 Aberdeen - King

Aberdeen 2 - 1 Rangers - Chalali, King

Scottish Cup Qtr Final
Aberdeen 3 - 1 Motherwell - Gonzalez(Og), Vernon, Magennis

Aberdeen 1 - 2 Dundee United - Vernon

Scottish League Cup Final
Aberdeen 0 - 1 Motherwell

Kilmarnock 1 - 5 Aberdeen - Taylor, Vernon, Chalali, Megginson(2)

Aberdeen 3 - 1 Inverness - Vernon(2), Ross(Og)

Aberdeen 1 - 1 Celtic - King

Hearts 1 - 3 Aberdeen - Webster(Og), Megginson, Vernon

Scottish Cup Semi-Final
Falkirk 0 - 1 Aberdeen - Bakx

Celtic 2 - 1 Dundee United

Aberdeen 4 - 1 Rangers - Chalali(3), Megginson

Dundee United 2 - 1 Aberdeen - Chalali

Aberdeen 0 - 0 Hearts

Motherwell 3 - 1 Aberdeen - Chalali

Celtic 1 - 0 Aberdeen
*Aberdeen finish 3rd in league*

Scottish Cup Final
Aberdeen 2 - 3 Celtic - Fallon, Bakx
Summary:
Media Prediction: Relegation battleLeague: 3rd
League Cup: Lost in Final to Motherwell
Scottish Cup: Lost in Final to Celtic

Awards:

Chalali - FW Player of the Year, Top Goalscorer
Fyvie - FW Young Player of the Year
Ferguson - Manager of the Year, FW Manager of the Year

"The media and bookies all predicted us to struggle this season even myself thought 6th or 7th was as realistic as could be with the funds available however I proved myself wrong as I always like to do, The team were superb throughout the season and unfortunate in some games including cup finals, We missed some key players in both finals but will look forward to next season in Europe, Hopefully with some funds and a few new players to challenge more in the league." - Ferguson.