another one: teamwork for midfielders and defenders?

neiltrain

Reaction score
hello again. another attribute that confuses me is teamwork. i've read it's a player putting the team first, not being selfish.

doesnt sound right. surely it's more to do with pitching in when a fellow player is caught out of position (therefore needs workrate too) and for defenders is staying in shape and not allowing any large gaps to appear.

what's the truth?

thanks.

you answered your own question in your op, a player putting the team first will pitch in like darren fletcher, a player like cronaldo will not really offer anything to the team and will be just used as a conduit in attacking play

What you're talking about is Team Work in the defensive sense. Team Work also works in attacking phases, such as passing to a player in a better position rather than running with the ball. The player uses his Decisions attribute to work out whether passing to a teammate would be in the best interest of the team. The higher Team Work is, the more likely he is to pass when it's needed and less when it isn't.

That's just a sketchy idea though, and just one example. It calculates a whole load of other things too.

I think of it as a player with a low teamwork attribute will take a difficult shot instead of squaring it to someone for a tap in. A player with high team work is more likely to square it to let his team mate score.