Another Possession Based Tactic (Attempting to emulate Barcelona)

manutd7182

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have been pretty much a lurker in this forum and I've finally decided to try and test myself in creating a possession based tactic. For this tactic I have created, although I haven't spent an entire season on it, so far I have had good results from this. What I'm looking for right now is feedback because I'm aware it's clearly not the near perfect tactic and it requires tweaks. For example for now, I'm failing to get my striker to score more goals, like how Messi does for Barcelona. Although the goals do come but often is from my wingers or midfield. What I'm asking is if anyone is willing to give my tactic a test and see what this tactic can do when someone else is using it. The success I have had from this tactic is having loads of possession, 60-70% normally but high 50s in the big games. I do gain a high amount of shots, however less than half are on target, although I do create at least 2 or 3 CCCs. The midfield trio do often get high % in passing accuracy and 90+ in passes. So yes, if anyone is willing to test this tactic and give any good feedback that would improve this tactic would be greatly appreciated.

Team Instructions:
View attachment 463099

Results So Far:
View attachment 463098

League Table So Far:
View attachment 463097

Match Analysis:
View attachment 463096View attachment 463095

View attachment 463094View attachment 463093View attachment 463092

View attachment 463091

I tried this tactic yesterday and played 5 matches. 4 W 1 L. Tactic looks good and forward always scoring. I will try in more games.

Seruven, how did your stats go? CCC? Possession? Midfield pass rate?

I'm enjoying this, even in Championship, Will Hughes in the AP, and Adam Campbell in the Poacher ROle are cosring for fun.

Are you scoring more goals using the Poacher role? Any tweeks you made to the tactic?