Another star rating question (positional abilities related)

wele

Reaction score
So I've noticed that when I click on the 'positional abilities' screen it shows a star rating wildly different from the ones given by my assistant manager/scout. What gives? I get that the star rating is given in relation to your team's ability, but why are these two ratings so hugely different?

I guess my question kinda doubles as "who or what gives the ratings for the positional abilities"? I know the ratings on the tactics/squad screens are given by my 20/20 scout or assistant manager, but where are these different ratings for positional abilities coming from?

Here's a pic of Carvajal's current ratings to illustrate this for you: Imgur
Scout's opinion is 2.5, 'positional abilities' says 3.5

Is it perhaps he is 3.5* in relation to the other right backs in your team?

Unlikely. There are positions in my team where no-one's rating comes even close to 5 and the 'positional abilities' screen doesn't inflate the ratings for those positions. For example currently Szczesny is my best goalkeeper, but he's really just decent. The scout rates him at 2.5, while the 'positional abilities' screen rates him at only 2. So his rating is deflated, whereas Carvajal's was inflated.

The whole thing just seems really random and I wanna know why.

What game version are you on?

How does the Reports-->Coach Report tab look for the affected players? On the right it'll list both positional ability and role suitability as judged by the Assistant Manager/Coach of your choice.

Version is 15.3.2.

The 'coach report' screen is in line with the assistant manager's opinion on the squad/tactics screens. I've literally gone through each and every coach's report in that screen and they all have identical star ratings. But the 'positional abilities' screen has a different rating. It's not any scout's or coach's opinion. I can't tell where the rating comes from.

gonna give this a little bumpity bump

need to figure this out

It's not happening on my save. Is this the case with only those two players? If you start a new save, do you have the same issue?

As odd is it may be, are you using a different skin? What about the default one, if you are?

Default skin but a lot of fixes to faces, kits, names etc. for realism. The thing is happening for a variety of different players at seemingly random times. Not always. And it changes all the time. Sometimes it's the same, sometimes inflated, sometimes deflated.

I honestly thought this was intended behavior and the 'positional abilities' screen just took its info from a different source of some kind. Now that I realize it might be a bug I have even fewer ideas on what might be going on.

I might try starting a new game, but not right this minute. It's not a game-breaker as attribute values are on the overall a better gauge, but there are some situations where I'd prefer to just look at some stars.