Another student of the beautiful game reports himself..

tigersag

Reaction score
Hello people..

I'm another one of those people who's life has been ruined by football manager. I could have played the piano really well if I had put all those hours into learning to play that but I wasted my time attending to imaginary people on a spreadsheat.

It all started for me with ancestor Championship Manager 2 where I remember coaching Middlesboro and bringing mighty Wrexham to the premier league. There weren't so many players so you'd often bump into the same players which you bought because they were sure bets. I also played Championship Manager 1997/1998 where I coached my home team ajax a lot and maybe ipswich. i think I also had a great team with Manchester City who played a kind of 4-3-3 with bebeto in it and a bunch of star players. I remember buying a player for dirt cheap and he became like the next Ronaldo ( the one without hair). To be honest it hasn't happened like that ever again but then again maybe football manager is a bit more complicated and realistic.

I've been playing Football manager since 2010, often managing my home team ajax trying to emulate the beautiful game they played in the late nineties. I had a really great run in Football manager 2014 with AC Milan winning the UEFA cup playing van Gaal's 5-3-2. Emanuelson played as a wingback and Jordan Rhodes and balotelli played as complete forwards. I think that's my greatest achievement in football manager and maybe the best i can be right now without understanding more about the game.

More recently I've had succes with wolves and Inter Milan in football manager 2015. I bought Sinclair from Liverpool and he did awesome as a false nine supported by two inside forwards. I'm not much of a tactical genius though. I like the man management and organizational part of the game and steal the best tactics online basically. Right now I'm working with Sacchi's ideas and trying to learn to play more compact and get better to take on bigger teams.

I hope this forum can help me with that. I have yet to win the Champions League.