Answer my rather "stupid" question please.

Chubbeh

Reaction score
This is just a quick question about the patches and Steam. I am not complaining about anything and I am not an idiot, I just don't understand this and would like a little help.

I run Steam in online mode and have updates automatically activated, which I have had a few updates and have not had any problems. I have however noticed that when I launch a new game the version is 12.0.0 when the patch update is at 12.0.4 (I believe. I really can't be bothered to check the versions as that is not the point.) I have looked through the FM 2012 website and Steam client to try to locate the history of the updates and cannot find them. As I have auto updates I assumed the version would change when the patch was installed. Am I correct in thinking this? Or is there something I have neglected to do?

Any help would be appreciated. This isn't really a big deal at the moment but I am looking for a network game through this site and I believe everybody has to be on the same version for that(again I may be wrong there but again, that's not the point)

This is just a quick question about the patches and Steam. I am not complaining about anything and I am not an idiot, I just don't understand this and would like a little help.

I run Steam in online mode and have updates automatically activated, which I have had a few updates and have not had any problems. I have however noticed that when I launch a new game the version is 12.0.0 when the patch update is at 12.0.4 (I believe. I really can't be bothered to check the versions as that is not the point.) I have looked through the FM 2012 website and Steam client to try to locate the history of the updates and cannot find them. As I have auto updates I assumed the version would change when the patch was installed. Am I correct in thinking this? Or is there something I have neglected to do?

Any help would be appreciated. This isn't really a big deal at the moment but I am looking for a network game through this site and I believe everybody has to be on the same version for that(again I may be wrong there but again, that's not the point)

It isn't a database change, so it'll remain as 12.0.0 when you start a game. When you go to "Game Status" when you're in a game, it should says "12.0.4......"

Yep, got it and appreciate the help. Thank you both for such a quick response.