Antonio Puerta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redders

Get in the Van.
Reaction score
SkySports says reports in Spain say he has died following his heart attack the other day.

For those that haven't been awake since Saturday;

Doctors have admitted Antonio Puerta's progress in hospital has been 'unfavourable'.
The Sevilla wing-back is in intensive care after suffering a heart attack during his team's victory over Getafe at the weekend.
He collapsed on the pitch, and again in the changing rooms, before being rushed to hospital after being given cardiac resuscitation.
Puerta's condition remains 'very critical' after doctors at the Virgen del Rocio hospital in Seville provided an update on Tuesday.
"The player remains in the hospital in a very critical state and his progress is unfavourable," said doctors.
"The condition of patient Antonio Puerta is not favourable due to the progression of the postanoxic brain injury and the multiple organic dysfunction caused by the prolonged cardiac arrest that led to his admission to hospital."
Distraught

Meanwhile, Puerta's former Sevilla team-mate Jose Antonio Reyes revealed his hope that the Spain international will pull through.
Reyes - now at Atletico Madrid - has visited Puerta in hospital and admits he is 'distraught' by his old colleague's condition.
"I have experienced many moments with him and at this time I have a bitter taste in my mouth," said Reyes.
"He is strong and I am certain that he will come out of this. This is what we all hope for.
"I am distraught because when something like this happens to a team-mate it is very hard."

:yikes:

It's a shame, seen him a few times and was quite good. He just won his first international cap aswell. Must be scary for footballers because no-one had any idea that anything like this would happen and to think its random is terrifying.

thats two in a week now. It's upsetting to think that stuff liek this happens

I only found out a few hours ago he had a heart attack, now hes dead, pretty shocking.

Jesus christ, thats a shocker that he's now dead. A 22 year old footballer having a heart attack, its just shocking and so sad.

I heard Guillem Balague on SS say that he had fainted twice in the past 12 months so something could have been wrong with him??

shocking news..thats a few players that heve collapsed on the pitch in recent years
puerta
marc vivien foe
and miklos feher of benfica

People die everyday what makes him so special? Sure it's sad but he deserves the same treatment as anyone else who dies.

and now Clive Clarke has collapsed in the dressing room for Leicester so match abandoned!

I heard some of that Guillem Balague thing on SSN aswell Andy, heard something about Sevilla docs etc knowing of problems with him and are now being very defensive about it all.

He is survived by his girlfriend, who is expecting a baby next month.:(

man, makes it that much worse. a Leicester City player collapsed tonight aswell

Clive Clarke is recovering which is good to now.

People die everyday what makes him so special? Sure it's sad but he deserves the same treatment as anyone else who dies.

Cos we don't have threads on every person in the world who dies :p And also he was a young footballer, and a young footballer playing at the highest level is the last person you would expect to have a heart attack.

Clive Clarke is recovering which is good to now.

Cos we don't have threads on every person in the world who dies :p And also he was a young footballer, and a young footballer playing at the highest level is the last person you would expect to have a heart attack.

Anyone can have a heart attack, I thought someone would have realised that by now.

Yes, but you wouldnt think it would happen to a young and healthy footballer, considering they have to big top notch in fitness to even step out onto the pitch...

Yes, but you wouldnt think it would happen to a young and healthy footballer, considering they have to big top notch in fitness to even step out onto the pitch...

It doesn't matter how fit you are...Healthy 14 year olds have had heart attacks.

People score goals in sunday league football all over the country week in week out so why do we celebrate when the big teams win games when loads of small teams deserve the same treatment.

And everyone deserves respect payed to them when they die but its not possible to mourn everyone so why are you getting ****** that we are making an effort to mourn someone who's died. Its better caring about some rather than none at all.

Well, for a start the first paragraph has nothing to do with this. It's not about who mourns more or whatever bullshit you're going on about. It's not about why people cheer big teams more than smaller teams. I will pay him respect. But, there's ******* genocide happening in ******* zimbabwe and uganda and wherever fuckign else, and you can't spare a second of your day to think about the thousands dying, who are at the end of the day just as relevant as this other human is, and you're paying him respects like he died a ******* hero. 1 football player dying gets more coverage than that ****, it's pathetic, dying is almsot like a commodity nowadays - people are accepting it, it just seems it's different when a celebrity or a football player dies - where's your morals?

Go listen to Anti Flag and take that **** out of your ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.