Any benefits to ex players coming back as coaches

stuieg1

Reaction score
Is there Any benefits to ex players coming back as coaches?
eg. Man utd, giggs scholes, Neville's and ****, or is it just a case of picking coaches with the most stars?

Is there Any benefits to ex players coming back as coaches?
eg. Man utd, giggs scholes, Neville's and ****, or is it just a case of picking coaches with the most stars?

Depends. IF any of your current players have the oldies listed among their favoured personnel, then it boosts their morale. Dunno if it helps with the Board/Supporters or not.

I generally do it at United, because it brings such a dose of nostalgia..

Would imagine if you're a smaller club and one of the staffs favoured clubs you they would be harder to poach from bigger clubs

I'm glad people feel it makes a difference as im looking forward to outing lvg's back room staff and bringing back the class of 92 in on fm15

I'm glad people feel it makes a difference as im looking forward to outing lvg's back room staff and bringing back the class of 92 in on fm15

Well even if it makes a difference in the way explained it still wont matter if they are not very good at coaching -most ex utd players have very mediocre stats on FM14 mate and for this reason it doesnt make much sense having them at a club of UTD's stature ...

I think the benefit is that their attributes aren't set yet. Or atleast it was in previous FM's. So you could hire an ex-player and his stats would improve over the years, just like young players.

Well even if it makes a difference in the way explained it still wont matter if they are not very good at coaching -most ex utd players have very mediocre stats on FM14 mate and for this reason it doesnt make much sense having them at a club of UTD's stature ...

14.3, and Giggs, Scholes, Neville, Neville and **** are all 4 star xD Beckham is getting there. Sadly enough, Cantona retired before I could snap him up..

But if you're in a club like United, you can pretty much get many former player, while still having a 4.5-5 star coach for each position.

14.3, and Giggs, Scholes, Neville, Neville and **** are all 4 star xD Beckham is getting there. Sadly enough, Cantona retired before I could snap him up..

But if you're in a club like United, you can pretty much get many former player, while still having a 4.5-5 star coach for each position.

Ah ok my bad ...