Mulagar

Reaction score
Oft times the problem in trying to develop a hot prospect is giving them enough playing time in the first team. Lately however my team often have developed enough goal / point leads for me to let the 16 or 17 years old wonderkids have some time under the spotlight.

I vaguely remember something about reading the possibility of players burning out if played too often or maybe developed too soon.

What would constitute too soon or too often ?
For example the one that I have given most time to is an 18 years old DC that will probably have about 15 starting apps and maybe another 15 as substitute this season because I wanted to get him ready to replace my aging player.

Never had this problem. I have a 17 years old defender who gets a decent amount of play time, and from a possibly useful player potential he became a 5 star wonderkid. One of my save was focusing on developing young prospects, and i never had problems with a player burning out (i'm in 2019).

Burning out is very rare according to what I've heard and an eighteen year old can handle more than thirty games.

i had a 16 year old rw who was a main starter in my team getting around 35/40 starts in that season and he became 5 star ability for a west ham team that had just won the premier league by the time he was 18

Thanks, that is good to hear. After years of not being able to buy players I want, my team is filled with wonderkids I bought with the transfer kit.

From what I've found the only time young players burn out is when they're expected to start virtually every game (Usually when they're playing for a lower league team as their technical ability is already at a standard where they can hold their own in the league, but their mental and physical stats aren't). For example, a wonder kid playing for a league 2 side who is already their best player ability wise, but lacks the mental and physical stamina and strength to cope with a full season of first team football.

Im sure burnout is a myth iv never experienced it however if it is true im sure if a player has high determination and high workout burnout wont happen.

I was wining Premiership with 2 youngsters in first 11in first season.

one was 17 other 16.

Will Hughes with 17 have been my best player in team I even kicked Gerard in second team because he was better for my team and formation.

There is not old or young it is all about how they perform on field.

I have a player on my current save who is 22 and has been an amazing prospect my whole game aged 17 won the english player of the year aka PFA player of the year he is now the most injury prone player i have ever seen! I have to sub him in every game as his condition is down to 60% after 60 mins of football and he has a page and a half of previous injuries! I think i rushed him into my first team a bit too quick!

Although there might be a glitch with my tactic as my AP position is very common for picking up injuries and this is where he has been playing but the other players that play there don't get injured anywhere near as close