Any followers of the A-League here?

Week 1 completed! :D

Results follows
Wanderers 1:3 Brisbane Roar

Adelaide Utd 0:0 Mel Victory

CCM 3:2 Perth Glory

Sydney FC 1:1 Mel City FC

Welnix 1:2 Newcastle Jets

Phoenix were disappointing and wasted a penalty chance and many others, if converted would have won the game easily. Credit to the Jets for taking their chances.

Give the teams a few more games to shake off the rust and we should see who the contenders are.

Was sporadically impressed with Sydney FC. Thought they could have, maybe should have, won that game but Melbourne City had the better of the first half so a draw was perhaps fair.

Wow! Take forever to say nothing Lippo! :p

Week 2

Adelaide Utd 1:1 Wanderers
Newcastle Jets 0:1 Sydney FC
Mel Victory 3:2 Mel City FC
Brisbane Roar 2:1 CCM
Perth Glory 1:2 Wel Phoenix

Brisbane Roar go to top of the table with two wins.

Tuned in for my weekley dose of 12 straight hours of football on super Saturday & Bozza breaks the news that Man City have indeed signed Luke Brattan & we can expect an announcement shortly! WTF!?

anyone watching the Phoenix-Roar game? 1-1 close to half time looks even but I have only been watching for 10 minutes

anyone watching the Phoenix-Roar game? 1-1 close to half time looks even but I have only been watching for 10 minutes

Yeah, has been quite entertaining. End to end at times. Should be an interesting 2nd half, McGlinchey's free kick was top drawer as well.

Yeah, has been quite entertaining. End to end at times. Should be an interesting 2nd half, McGlinchey's free kick was top drawer as well.

What a game! 3-2 win over the league leaders and McGlincheys free kick was brilliant! Hopefully that will help with the talks over extending Phoenix's league licence, a bit ridiculous at the moment knowing we might not have a club next season.

What a game! 3-2 win over the league leaders and McGlincheys free kick was brilliant! Hopefully that will help with the talks over extending Phoenix's league licence, a bit ridiculous at the moment knowing we might not have a club next season.

Yeah, I was reading about that. Talk is, they may look to replace the Phoenix with a 3rd Sydney team. After seeing the atmosphere at the Sydney derby, i see what they're getting at but ****, that would be harsh on Wellington! & do we really need another Sydney team? I wouldnt think so.

Week 3 Results

Newcastle Jets 1:0 Melbourne Victory
Wellington Phoenix 3:2 Brisbane Roar
Sydney FC 1:0 Wanderers
Melbourne City FC 3:1 CCM
Perth Glory 3:1 Adelaide Utd

Toss up for game of the round. Phoenix/Roar or City/ Mariners for me.

This is bull****, FFA boss criticises Wellington Phoenix's off-field contribution to A-League

Honestly the club is probably most stable in the league, christ we have never been bailed out by FFA. Crowds have always been on the low side but that's how it is, if there was a smaller stadium it would look better with fans packing the stands and maybe play more games around the country. They ****** know if the Phoenix don't get the licence for the next few seasons then NZ football will be set back for years as a good pathway to being a professional footballer is gone.

For me Phoenix needs to just shallow their pride, take the four year option and win the championship every season as a two finger salute at the muppets at FFA.

what is the current state of football in NZ as a whole? is it growing or?

what is the current state of football in NZ as a whole? is it growing or?

Hard to say but we do have idiots who stuffed up the easy Olympics Qualification by playing an ineligible player etc. But NZ has started to qualify for a lot of youth World Cups, current one being U-17s and NZ progressed to 2nd round and just loss to Brazil despite missing a penalty chance and gave away a penalty in extended time as scores were nil nil.

The mens football team have gone backwards as we are hardly winning many games against Asian opposition but hopefully we get our stuff together for the next world cup qualifier. At least we have moved on from long ball tactics of Herbert era and started to be more of a passing team which suits players like Rojas and McGlinchey.

As for the players there are many quality players plying their trade overseas and its been a long time since we had a great talent come through NZ football clubs including Phoenix. Last one was Rojas. But the upside is there is more youngsters playing and better chances to get picked up through Phoenix and Auckland City. Auckland City is the only good thing to come out of NZ for the last few years as they have done well in the World Club Championship despite being mostly amateurs.

We will have to wait and see if the changes of the new manager in Hudson really has improved football when it comes to qualifying time.

Good to see some A League fans. Been following Sydney FC ever since I went to one of their games when I was travelling last year. Great fans and an amazing place.

Week 4 Results

Mel City 2:3 Newcastle Jets
CCM 1:3 Sydney FC
Brisbane 3:0 Adelaide Utd
Wanderers 1:0 Perth Glory
Mel Victory 3:0 Welnix

Table
1.Sydney 10pts
2. Brisbane Roar 9pts
3. Newcastle Jets 9pts
4. Melbourne Victory 7pts
5. Wellington Phoenix 6pts
6. Melbourne City 4pts
7. Wanderers 4pts
8. Perth Glory 3pts
9. CCM 3pts
10. Adelaide Utd 2pts

Not much separating the teams at the moment but Sydney are the only team yet to lose a game.

This is bull****, FFA boss criticises Wellington Phoenix's off-field contribution to A-League

Honestly the club is probably most stable in the league, christ we have never been bailed out by FFA. Crowds have always been on the low side but that's how it is, if there was a smaller stadium it would look better with fans packing the stands and maybe play more games around the country. They ****** know if the Phoenix don't get the licence for the next few seasons then NZ football will be set back for years as a good pathway to being a professional footballer is gone.

For me Phoenix needs to just shallow their pride, take the four year option and win the championship every season as a two finger salute at the muppets at FFA.

for some reason this reminds me the end of my Wellington Phoenix story http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot.../281472-rise-phoenix-new-zealand-story-5.html XD

can't say I follow A-League closely though I do keep an eye on the Nix progress as I have a weird - for a non-kiwi - interest for New Zealand football! Hopefully Wellington keeps their A-League license, and eventually figures out a way to play continental football as well, maybe within OFC - that would make my FM save much more enjoyable 8-|

I've heard around that they are trying to get a Gold Coast club in the A League again. Obviously early days but the NPL Queensland side Palm Beach Sharks have changed their name to Gold Coast City and are hoping to get an A League club in the next few years or so.