lfcmaestro

Reaction score
Have an occasional problem where I take a lead against teams that are relatively good if not better than mine, then my team seem to lose focus. This could be after half time where I can't adjust this by team talks etc and was more looking for a back up tactic that I can use in such occasions.

Preferably 1 that is very solid defensively and even goes as far as keeping possession just to run the time down and maybe creating the odd chance.

ask for a assistant coach team report he will tell you if your team have good concentration and focus if not that could be the reason for you conceeding what kind of style do you play for example if you are leading 1-0 with 20 minutes to play i would switch to rigid style and drop my defensive line deep with counter attack passing to wings axs you want to break on the opponent alternatively you could create two tactical systems an attacking one and a defensive one hope this helps mate.

I have made a couple of defensively sound tactics that you could switch to. For me to be able to recommend you one, I would need to know what formation you play though as its not much use of me handing you a 442 if you play without wingers.

I'm using Raikan's Might and Magic tactic which is a 4-2-2-2, also i've put a good run of results together and my team are becoming over confident. This was a bit easier to sort out with team talks on FM11 but as the team talks have changed i'm not sure what to choose, especially deciding when to be Assertive, Passionate etc.