Any ideas for my Woking team..

AlMiller79

Reaction score
I'm currently in my 2nd season with Woking in the Blue Square Prem & i'm currently in 16th place having finished in 2nd place the previous season in the Blue Square South.
On paper i think my squad is good but if i'm only 16th then something aint right.I don't think it could be the tactics as i'm using the cloughy 442 system(which is the only way to play the game in my opinion!).
My league form this season is: P16 W6 D3 L7 F15 A16 Pts 21.
My starting 11 is as follows:

1.Vito Mannone(on loan from Arsenal)
2.Danny Bunce
3.Sam Simmonds
4.Bruno N'Gotty
5.Patrice Konan
6.Abdou El Kholti
7.Matt Pattison
8.Tom Taiwo
9.Sanchez Watt(on loan from Arsenal)
10.Wesley Ngo Baheng
11.Dave Hibbert

So any ideas,tips,suggestions would be greatly appriciated..

Ngo Baheng is quality, I signed him for Barrow. scores loads.

other players i signed were.

Adrian Manchester
Sacha Opinel
Darren Lough
Danny Swailes
Leon Crookes
Ian Herring
Barry Cogan
James Marwood
Alex Francis
Ricardo Fernandes
Jack Jeffrey
Barry Conlon

They were all free, try and get as many of them as you can.

I did and I'm first! :)

Thanks for the suggestions,just signed Ricardo Fernandes didn't know he was a Chelsea reject tho!Ergh!!:mad: lol

Ngo Baheng was **** for me, 8 games no goals so sold him for a good £20,000 :D

Yeah Baheng took a while to settle for me but he's good in the air, he's like ***** Robert but quicker with better finishing.

Thanks for the suggestions,just signed Ricardo Fernandes didn't know he was a Chelsea reject tho!Ergh!!:mad: lol

I had him for Wrexham 2nd season, wasn't that good, dropped him after 10 games, and loaned him off.... to :O forest green :O

About to start my 3rd season with Woking.Finished 10th in the Blue Square Prem last season.
Any recomended signings?

Nana Ofari-Twumasi is a solid RB/CB was a first team player for me from BSP up until winning promotion to the Premiership.You should beable to get him on a free that is if he hasnt already been signed up by someone else.

Wayne Phillips and Alex Francis are 2 solid midfielders that can play first team until league 1, Not sure if they come up for free as i started with them in my Gateshead team but Twilson7 said he got Francis on a free so i would look him up too.

Jimmy Derbyshire isnt a bad little player you can get on a free and Tomi Ameobi is a solid target man who can put away a cross.

Twumasi, Derbyshire and Ameobi were all signed on Free's at the start of my second season so im not sure if they will be avalible in the 3rd season for free, They might be though and its worth looking for them just incase.

I'll have a look at that Twumasi player but my defence aint to bad tbh. I mainly need new players up front as i only scored 54 goals in the league last season.
Thanks for the suggestion though.

Where in your squad do you need strengthening?

Where in your squad do you need strengthening?

A couple of decent midfielders & a striker that can get at least 20 goals.
If i got that then i think i'll defo be up for promotion(hopefully).:D

Jean-Paul Kalala is a quite proficient defensive midfielder. Tom Clarke is a good utility player. Can play center back, defensive midfielder and central midfield. Won't progress much, though.

oh, and strikers... Sam Williams did me wonders in Blue Square Prem, knicked close to 20 goals in as many games, then kinda... stopped. Adam McGurk also tore it up, can also play as AMC. Lee Tomlin is a fantastic utility player to have also. Can play all across the front, AMRL/ST.

Last edited:
Wayne Phillips and Alex Francis are 2 solid midfielders that can play first team until league 1, Not sure if they come up for free as i started with them in my Gateshead team but Twilson7 said he got Francis on a free so i would look him up too.

yup, i got francis for free. he wasnt out of contract, but gateshead didnt rate him for some reason. so i put a bid of £0 in and they accepted! he was only worth about £1k anyway.

Neil Ashton is decent and free. So is James Marwood after season 2 i think. He is quality.

Just played Arsenal in a pre-season friendly in the build up to my 3rd season with Woking and got hammered 12-1!! So i think i need a decent keeper as the only thing mine can catch is a cold!lol