Any luck with only 3 defender? (And no wingbacks)

Ternvig

Reaction score
Hi All you managers.

I have tried for som years to create a tactic with only 3 central defenders, but with no luck.

I was somewhat easy up until the 2007. After that, i found very hard to make a proper 3 mand defends... :S

Hi All you managers.

I have tried for som years to create a tactic with only 3 central defenders, but with no luck.

I was somewhat easy up until the 2007. After that, i found very hard to make a proper 3 mand defends... :S

I did a 3 man defence when I went down to 10 man which worked all right for a prolong period of time.

you need the wing backs no matter what
if you used it on previous ones you were very lucky to do well
but the way the formation is to work is two lines of 3 and then two very attacking players bombing down the wings its really kind of like 5 midfield i suppose thoug

but if your adamant to use 3 defenders and no wing backs just have 2 defensive wingers to try and stop supply over them into the spaces behind them it might work

I've had great success playing an incredibly offensive 3-4-3 with ball playing centre backs, anchor man, centre mid support, attacking mid, 2 poachers and a complete forward. however i was playing with man city meaning all my players were incredibly gifted and i'm not sure this tactic works for lower teams

i had great success with woking using 3-4-3 won L1 and championship

In FM10 I had a lot of success with a 3-5-2 (3-4-1-2)...I could load it if you like.

I'm currently trying to recreate Bielsas world cup tactic using 3 Centre defenders and no wingbacks but wide midfielders and currently doing good. it is possiple playing 3 central defenders.