partyparkins

Reaction score
On a previous FM I did really well in the MLS with Chivas and ended up with Arshavin and Joe Garner killing it up front... However, Im playing with DC United and although I won the MLS first season I'm struggling to get players.
I spent all of my allocation money on Veton Berisha with the idea that Id sell him for more and have loads of money to spend. I sold him to Burnley for £4.9mill and only got given £400k....of which it says I only have £100k!

How does it work? I want to be signing players like Kaka and Villa but the best I have is Eddie Johnson!!!

On a previous FM I did really well in the MLS with Chivas and ended up with Arshavin and Joe Garner killing it up front... However, Im playing with DC United and although I won the MLS first season I'm struggling to get players.
I spent all of my allocation money on Veton Berisha with the idea that Id sell him for more and have loads of money to spend. I sold him to Burnley for £4.9mill and only got given £400k....of which it says I only have £100k!

How does it work? I want to be signing players like Kaka and Villa but the best I have is Eddie Johnson!!!

transfer system is a bit tricky in MLS, especially selling players. First of all the MLS will retain 33% of the transfer fee, and then your team wil be awarded a maximum of around 500k of allocation money, that you can use to increase transfer budget or salary cap. For this reason it will be very hard to accumulate huge transfer budget even if you sell players for 100M...

your best chance to get quality players is to sign unattached high profile players likely on Designated Players contracts, which is what MLS clubs did for players like Kaka, Villa or Beckham: in this way you can offer them very high wages that won't count against salary cap, and you won't need any transfer budget as they're available for free.

Yeh I just tried to do that, is there a rule about how much wages you can offer for certain players?
I can offer some designated players 4.5k and others 12k...

Yeh I just tried to do that, is there a rule about how much wages you can offer for certain players?
I can offer some designated players 4.5k and others 12k...

depends on your team budget and financial status, and also on player reputation eg your club will be more willing to allow higher wages for higher reputation players.