Any success with arsenal?

• Thread starter Thread starter Tom14
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 7K

Tom14

Reaction score
Has anyone had any success with arsenal finding it hard.

Same. Im pretty sure theyve taken Arsenals awful form from real life and placed it into the game. Which sucks and is slightly unfair

Has anyone had any success with arsenal finding it hard.

Some would argue leaving the Emirates constitutes success.

They'll keep Liverpool company on weeknights when Everton & Spurs cement Champions League Football.

they have underrated a few players for arsenal. kieran gibbs' attributes are insulting. carl jenkinson is better than that too. chamberlain's CA could be better and they don't seem to recognise that theo walcott has been quite an accomplished finisher for a while now and his creative attributes don't really match his stats last season. i would buy a new left back and a holding midfielder. radja nainggolan is quality, gets booked a little too often but get him to stop diving into tackles and it will help. put walcott down the right and his pace will get him to the byline, giroud has good off the ball ability and should get on the end of a few crosses. its got me a few goals this season. as you start off, keep your tactics a bit more generic than you usually would to allow the team to gel together and slowly move it to the free flowing attacking game.

Yeh mate, won the league first season (by a point!)- though i was pretty fortunate with injuries.

Sort out the DM and LB position, and get another creative attacking player to shift the burden off Cazorla's shoulders.

Also, keep the formation simple, a 4-2-3-1 works well if u can get that creative attacking player, cos u can play with 2 direct players (2 of theo, pod or giroud), and 2 creators (cazorla and other high- creativity/technique player), which gives a good balance...

I got Naingolan for 10, Alaba for 15 and Gotze for 29, selling Mertesacker, Santos, Arshavin, Diaby and Chamakh.

Oh, and keep tweaking ur tactcs a little, small things such as changing ur offside line when u play against the crazy- pace of Spurs is vital this year...

saved my 2nd season..after a long,long period with draw and loosing i was desperate,so i tryed this as i remeber it was good in fm 12.. so i ended up 3rd.(played my last game of the season 10 minutes ago).
think i will be better with this tactic next season.
to bad i didnt used it earlier in the season.

Yeh mate, won the league first season (by a point!)- though i was pretty fortunate with injuries.

Sort out the DM and LB position, and get another creative attacking player to shift the burden off Cazorla's shoulders.

Also, keep the formation simple, a 4-2-3-1 works well if u can get that creative attacking player, cos u can play with 2 direct players (2 of theo, pod or giroud), and 2 creators (cazorla and other high- creativity/technique player), which gives a good balance...

I got Naingolan for 10, Alaba for 15 and Gotze for 29, selling Mertesacker, Santos, Arshavin, Diaby and Chamakh.

Oh, and keep tweaking ur tactcs a little, small things such as changing ur offside line when u play against the crazy- pace of Spurs is vital this year...
Thanks, who scored your goals, podolski was unaffective on the left and giroud was way to inconsisten for me.

"Thanks, who scored your goals, podolski was unaffective on the left and giroud was way to inconsisten for me."

Er, well, Podolski scored 15 in 25 and Giroud scored 20 in 30 starts... but for me Gotze was an absolute demon, creating havoc in every game and setting up countless moves for Pod/giroud to finish off.

Try turning pod/giroud's creativity down, and their through balls off; and make them very attacking; their job is simply to get finish the chances Santi/Arteta/ (another creator) makes...

or u can just try one of the downloaded tactics- Raikan tactics always seem to do well ...

first season: won FA cup (signed Nainggolan and Dzagoev, sold Squillaci)
second season: won FA cup (signed Olsson, Chicarito, M.Richards, J.Svensson, sold Djorou, A.Santos, Fabianski, Bendtner, Denilson, Park)
third season: won Champions League (signed regens, sold Mannone)
fourth season: won BPL, CWC, European Super Cup (signed Dusan Tadic, J.Radosevic, J.Rodriguez, De Vrij, Koke all thanks to my DOF, sold M.Olsson, Mertesacker, J. Svensson, I.Miquel)

1st season: won nothing(sold squilacci, santos, arshavin), bought(alaba(35 mil. dollars), gaitan(22.5), bradley(20))
2nd season: won league, champions league, fa cup(sold cazorla, chamakh, podolsku, chu-young), bought lewandowski(56), bale(46.5)
3rd season: won Super cup, CWC, 2nd place BPL(1 point behind first), sold sagna, mertesacker, giroud, fabianski; bought danilo(48), coates(17), mccarthy(11), trippier(16), steele(3)
4th season(just started): sold arteta and diaby, bought asamoah

I am not sure which english cup i won but what i know that i won the europa league and became 4th in the league
Thats all in i think 2016

just started a new game with arsenal.....sold arshavin and chamakh, bought lars bender and cavani. beat chelsea 8-1 at home 2nd match of the season, 5 goals for podolski. Also have had some poor games but i think it will be a good season

1st season won nothing finished 3rd in league , 2nd season won capital cup fighting for 3rd position in league and semi final in champhions league vs juventus (didnt finished 2nd yet)

and yes it's pretty hard for me too

I do agree with your style selling lots of player to finance a new player

Every FM game (since FM 2010) i found it's hard to manage arsenal, but last FM 2012 i got an idea to do this. and for FM 13, i selling santos,djourou,ramsey,diaby,chamakh,arshavin,fabianski,PCY,bentner,denilson, and squillaci (some of them i sell less then 1m) and try to buy some cheep wonderkid and top bargains player...

i found the key to succeed is to sell a lots of "non-quality players"

just started with arsenal, bought in wellington nem lars bender for 17m (bargain) and demba ba, good start to the season 2 wins and 2 draws with no defeats.. but one of my draws was leading wigan 2-0 at home with 4 minutes to go.. playing a 4 2 3 1 and santi is on fire behind the striker in the tranqatestra role and gioud has 4 in 4 playing a poacher roll..

Hoping for 3rd/4th this season and pushing on year on year..

First season I struggled big time, knocked out semi finals of everything, and finishing 7th!! So no europe second season, but that helped I think, managed to sell the rubbish and got Llorente on a free, and also some other youngsters and second season won the league cup and the league. So rubbish in first season with injuries, second season very good.

I'm in March first season with Arsenal.
Bought: Baines, Gaitan, Naingollan, Cavani and Isco for a combined total of 88 million. (Bought Cavani and Isco in January, the rest in summer)
Sold: Chamakh, Santos, Fabianski, Podolski, Diaby for a combined total of 26 million. (Sold Fabianski, Podolski and Diaby in January, the rest in summer).

Currently 1st in the prem, 17 points clear :D with 30 games gone.
Knocked out of the Capital One Cup in the semis.
Still in the Champions League (quarter final with Barca coming up shortly :s)
Got an FA Cup semi against Man Utd coming up too.
Got a few amazing regens coming in the summer:)

Had a great save so far, I've been using TheBetterHand's 4-2-3-1 tactics. I think they were his FM12 tactics but they've been completely awesome for me so far. Gervinho on the left wing has been immense!

Back