Any success with arsenal?

• Thread starter Thread starter Tom14
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 7K
just started with arsenal, bought in wellington nem lars bender for 17m (bargain) and demba ba, good start to the season 2 wins and 2 draws with no defeats.. but one of my draws was leading wigan 2-0 at home with 4 minutes to go.. playing a 4 2 3 1 and santi is on fire behind the striker in the tranqatestra role and gioud has 4 in 4 playing a poacher roll..

Hoping for 3rd/4th this season and pushing on year on year..
After this post went on a 4 game losing streak which ****** me off bigtime because it was so random and now on a 4 game winning streak.. currently 2nd after 10 games and we are seriously scoring some top quality goals which is so pleasing on the eye.. Never like to get too excited with FM as it's so random. but for now enjoying this save.

I'm in March first season with Arsenal.
Bought: Baines, Gaitan, Naingollan, Cavani and Isco for a combined total of 88 million. (Bought Cavani and Isco in January, the rest in summer)
Sold: Chamakh, Santos, Fabianski, Podolski, Diaby for a combined total of 26 million. (Sold Fabianski, Podolski and Diaby in January, the rest in summer).

Currently 1st in the prem, 17 points clear :D with 30 games gone.
Knocked out of the Capital One Cup in the semis.
Still in the Champions League (quarter final with Barca coming up shortly :s)
Got an FA Cup semi against Man Utd coming up too.
Got a few amazing regens coming in the summer:)

Had a great save so far, I've been using TheBetterHand's 4-2-3-1 tactics. I think they were his FM12 tactics but they've been completely awesome for me so far. Gervinho on the left wing has been immense!

gervinho on the left wing for me has a 7.75 rating.. what a player

Yeah, and even with 6 composure he's been chipping in with a fair few goals too :)
Sometimes he just goes on ridiculous Maradona runs then smashes it home and we get goals from absolutely nothing :D
Pity he's African :(
EDIT: Just realised that sounded really racist lol, I mean it's a pity he has to miss the whole of January and start of February for the Africa Cup of Nations..

Yeah, and even with 6 composure he's been chipping in with a fair few goals too :)
Sometimes he just goes on ridiculous Maradona runs then smashes it home and we get goals from absolutely nothing :D
EDIT: Just realised that sounded really racist lol, I mean it's a pity he has to miss the whole of January and start of February for the Africa Cup of Nations..
made me laugh out loud, at least you explained yourself lol! and yeah in like the first 10 games he scored 7 goals for me a bit Overpowered may I say.

Only a month in, Costa and Gervinho on the wings, absolute beasts! Gervinho has a rating of 7.92 and has 6 goals and 5 assists in 8 games! (And 4 MoTM's!!!)
He got 1st and 2nd in the goal of the month, and the 1st was when he took it from just inside my half and dribbled all the way through and scored!

Costa has also been immense - 7.68 along with 4 goals and an assist in 6 games!

nijafredja, selling ramsey isn't a good idea, every season he is my top central midfielder(match rating) ahead of wilshere who is a monster in fm 13

just won the champions league for the 2nd season in a row on penalties... 2-2 against Juve. 1 o.g. from me, and one from them, pretty poetic. Hit the woodwork 8 times though... the most ridiculous match i've ever experienced. If i hadn't of won, i'd be pretty ****** off!

In my first season, I brought in Lewandowski in the 1st transfer window and played the Ox and Theo wide with Santi in behind. I got Gotze in January and played him wide left and rotated him with the Ox, Theo and Santi, worked very well. Won the Champs League on pens and the league by a point, knocked out early in the F.A Cup and Cap One Cup. Gibbs was immense for me at LB averaging well over 7.

been rinsing the free transfer/end of contract market so far with Arsenal. Been a shrewd businessman!

So far I've managed to sign: Alan Dzagoev, Fernando Llorente (resold after 1 season to Bayern Munich for £24m - got a great season out of him and a nice profit, Tony Trindede V, Guilerme Ochoa (plan to resell), Keisuke Honda - japanese merchandising boost and he's proving useful so far but will probably resell once his value goes up from £6.75m and David Beckham - good for tutoring. Very disappointed he didn't boost merchandising rights though... SI should fix this in a future patch.

It's currently January in my 3rd season and I've just confirmed the further free signings of Marc ter stegen (3 seasons of praise and unsettling resulted in him wanting to leave on a free transfer), Yann M'Vila (same as ter stegen) and Seydou Doumbia (plan to do a 'Llorente' with him).

I know Doumbia is a quality player, but I've already got Neymar (£43.5m), Falcao (£28.5m but injured atm) and Jovetic (15m but absolutely on fire 22 goals in 20 games so far).

I edited the db beforehand to make Wenger my DoF just to see if he could get those gems in the game like he does in real life, but he's been a massive disappointment for me. He has signed some good players such as Ilkay Gundogen but at £18.5m he hasn't been that great value. Signed Yarmolenko for £23.5m, he's been quite good, but not exactly cheap. Best player he signed was Luiz Gustavo in my first season for £10.5m. He gets booked all the time with a few reds here and there, but as a no-nonsense DM/BWM he's top drawer and proved to be quite a bargain! Plan to sell him when M'Vila transfers in the summer though!

edit: tried to post screenshots but Chrome kept freezing!

Last edited:
I've won promotion with Hull, finished 2nd with Spurs... but Arsenal are just an absolute mystery to me, I've never been able to play with them since around Football Manager 2008.

This year, it's worse than ever:

View attachment 285956

I mean, I get that you have to get your tactics right but this sort of thing should be literally impossible unless you have four men sent off.

Im so addicted to this game!

Doing ok with Arsenal atm.
Sold - Chamakh, Djourou, Squillaci, Ramsey, Fabianksi, Park, Bendtner and Gervinho
Bought In - Hummels, Falcao, Isco, Gotze and Ba, also got Llorente on a free aswell.

Szcesny/Mannone

Gibbs, Santos, Vermaelen, Kos, Mertesacker, Hummels, Jenkinson, Sagna

Cazorla, Wilshere, Arteta, Diaby, Theo, Chamberlain, Podolski, Gotze, Rosicky, Isco

Giroud, Falcao, Ba, Llorente

Changing formation and tactics often to adjust to oppositions playing styles

Won the league 3rd season, champions league final v barca twice 2nd and 3rd season lost both though :(

Schenzey.

RB -Corchia/sagna
CB- Papadopolous/mertesacker
CB-Vermaelan/koscielny
LB- alaba/gibbs

DMF-Mvilla/copoue
DLP - Ramsey/arteta

AP - Kagawa/schurle
AP- Wilshere/rodriguez
AP - Cazorla/Isco

P - Giroud/hernandez

Just finished my 3rd season and it was contract renewal time for the players with 1 year to go. Ramsey was on £51k pw but for his new deal he wouldn't settle for anything less than £100k with £10k pa... no way is Ramsey a £100k pw type of player, so I flogged him off to Manchester UTD for £41m and yet the fans think that was a terrible piece of business?!

Sure, I've lost a homegrown player with a decent potential and ability, but £41m.... for Aaron Ramsey who was average for me... fans! Oh btw, he's on £74k pw at Man U - wtf is up with that?!

I'm in February in my first season with Arsenal, and I just won the Capital One Cup. Even though it wasn't high on my priority list, it is always fun to win trophies. I've signed Yarmolenko, Fellaini, Alex Sandro and Ander Herrera in the summer transfer window and in the January transfer window. Very happy with all of them, but Yarmolenko has been unreal. Still in the CL, and currently 3. placed behind City and United. Currently in the quarter-finals in the FA Cup vs Swansea. We draw 1-1 at The Liberty Stadium, but I hope we'll crush them at the Emirates Stadium :)

My trophe with Arsenal: (is now in March 2017)
BPL: 1(2015) and two 2nd places
Champions League: 2(2013, 2015) and 1 2nd place
World Cup for club teams: 2(2013,2015)
Capital One: 1(2016) and one 2nd place
Charity Shield: one 2nd place
European Supercup: 1 (2015)

Just some funny things that have happened to me during my save...

View attachment 287299

turns out Vela was quite decent for his new club. Due to the percentage of next sale clause, got a lovely little financial boost (£7.25m) when chelsea swooped in for him!

View attachment 287300

eerily predicting the future?

View attachment 287301

would never happen in real life, but he was out of contract!

View attachment 287302

broke my heart. applied after Hodgson retired and after winning everything in my 1st season in charge I thought I'd stand a decent chance... in the end they appointed Brendan Rodgers... who was sacked by Liverpool... smh!

Back