Any teams lend themselves to a 442?

pleming

Reaction score
I've got a squad rotation idea in mind that would work great with a 442, and after playing out a few seasons and settling on a 442 tactic, with Juve to get the hang of the game I'm looking for a bit more of a fight- Juve was an easy place for success...<br><br>But many squads seem to lack players capable of playing MR and ML, and those that do seem to be opposite footed... I'm looking for some traditional wingers...<br>

Borussia Mönchengladbach. They have Herrmann, Hahn, T.Hazard, Traore and Fabian Johnson as wingers, so no problem there. And they don't have many "strikers" as they play something nearly 4-6-0 but it's so much fun. Try to play like as they do: high tempo, free roam and attacking football.

Newcastle easily lend themselves to a 4-4-2 with perez and mitrovic as your two strikers, you have plenty of width too!!!

I went with Newcastle... enjoying that Ayoze/Nitro if combo... the Trq/TMs combo is interesting. Sissoko as a Roaming Playmaker with Anita as a Def PM def is also working out well. I'm having a hard time getting Thauvin adjusted to a ML Winger role. I've wanted to buy Wijnaldum for several versions of FM but it never worked out so he's been super fun as Wide Playmaker Att on the MR.

Gotta find a solid DL to compliment Jaanmat with size. Coloccini/Mbemba are OK but both short... Will need to replace an aging Coloccini next season.

Thanks for the lead.