Het2

Reaction score
For a long time I have been trying different formulas for my ideal 433 (41221) but have mixed success. I have read many threads on here aswell.

I want to line up my 433 where the DM is the focal point in a way, the main play maker. Who sits behind the play and receives the ball and switches to the other flank to start attacks. Hight tempo and preferable structured however I think the structured option is the reason for it not entirely working. I have tried obviously a DLPd with the ppm to switch the ball to opposite flank.
I also like to have a deep-lying forward on support with to more aggressive wide men. F9 has also worked well but I like him to be more of a withdraw target man, tall and good strength. Pelle or a Benzema more than a Messi haha

Basically has anyone succeeded with a high tempo 433 with a deep lying playmaker?

This is my current set up

........ GK
FBa cb cb FBs
.......DLPd
..CMa....B2B
IFs..........Wa
......DLFs

Control and Structured
Mixed passing - saw this on the ball possession thread and could help with the DLP switching the play.
Look for Overlap - Want my fullbacks to move higher up, also help with width for my DLP to switch to when wide forwards are in attack phrase
Play Wider - spread the play for the switch
Higher tempo - I want to play fast possession footy with the ball constantly on the move. (I have been sure to buy players with the right attributes for this)
Low crosses - Just a preference
Then defensively:
Push higher up
Close down more

Cheers :)