Fairhurst93

Reaction score
Im just entering my 3rd season with Wigan and I just cant seem to take them to the next level.... Europe!!
Iv finished 8th in both seasons which im happy with cause its progress then on real life.

Anyway here is my squad and tactics

View attachment 314564View attachment 314565View attachment 314566

And for anyone interested this is my transfer history..

View attachment 314568View attachment 314569View attachment 314570

Not sure if there is a certain thread for this kind of thing, if so I apolagise and could you move it to the right thread please..

Also if anyone would like any more information just comment and I shall provide you with what you need..

Thanks alot

I personally don't use wingers for tactics against tougher teams and I try and either play narrow or pack the midfield. Also if you use 'stand off more' rather than 'press more' and slow the tempo down it can shut down the tougher teams and you can hit them on the counter. I'll try and think of anything else to help you but that's all I can think of at the moment.

Ah okay, thanks for advice il try and create a tactic to counter rather then play out wide.. Thanks alot

I personally don't use wingers for tactics against tougher teams and I try and either play narrow or pack the midfield. Also if you use 'stand off more' rather than 'press more' and slow the tempo down it can shut down the tougher teams and you can hit them on the counter. I'll try and think of anything else to help you but that's all I can think of at the moment.

Something like that maybe?

View attachment 314587

Try using spankys Mufc tactic your set up is similar to his , his is just more attacking and quite sturdy at the back I tried with Oldham won the league losing 1 all season then took the Everton job half way through next season and lost only 2 taking them from 16th to 5th just missing champs football

Try using spankys Mufc tactic your set up is similar to his , his is just more attacking and quite sturdy at the back I tried with Oldham won the league losing 1 all season then took the Everton job half way through next season and lost only 2 taking them from 16th to 5th just missing champs football

Might have a look into it then, frustrating taking them to a comfortable position without taking them to the next level haha

I know what ya mean fella you've got some cracking players there so European footy should be a must ! I find with the prem it's hard to set up a decent steady tactic because you can't choose pitch size which is why I tend to stay in leagues that will let you adjust your size :)

Something like that maybe?

View attachment 314587

Yeah like that. I personally like to have at least one person at CM and if I'm playing a counter/defensive tactic I tend to use rigid rather than fluid but it might work for you as it is. I'm not a master tactician so you don't have to do exactly as I say but that's my opinion on tactics

Just have to abit of trial and error and hope that I manage to get the results I need. I wasn't killing off enough games last year and then resulting in draws that where my main problem is

Just had a scout on him for 3 matches then another 3 matches, then interacted with him and unsettled him.. Made a bad offer for him which Derby rejected then it popped up he was unhappy with the big being rejected. Made that bid and got it him. Played him in every game this season and he's had 2 blinders and one quiet game

Also although not exactly related to your problem. Start thinking about home grown players etc. now before you have qualified, I mean you probably have done but I have had problems with it as Sligo Rovers and it can be a pain to rectify.

Also although not exactly related to your problem. Start thinking about home grown players etc. now before you have qualified, I mean you probably have done but I have had problems with it as Sligo Rovers and it can be a pain to rectify.

Yeah I know what you saying iv signed a couple of youngsters at 15/16/17 who have bags of potential so in 4 years time when hopefully il be pushing for the major honours they will count as home grown

Yeah I know what you saying iv signed a couple of youngsters at 15/16/17 who have bags of potential so in 4 years time when hopefully il be pushing for the major honours they will count as home grown

Awesome, hope they work out well for you.

thanks bud, want see one of the youngsters I have he's an absolute gem and cost me 90k. 5star potential. When I'm home from work il take a SS of him

That would be cool, I have terrible luck finding regens and quality youngsters.